Page 299 of 302 FirstFirst ... 199249274289290291292293294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 6024

Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

edited - problem solved
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; December 18, 2018 at 07:44 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Thank you very much for your extremely hard work and effort, the Stainless Steel team has made this game absolutely ing insane, idk why the Total War guys don't employ you guys to help create future games, the amount of different stuff in here is just absolutely nuts!

GOOD STUFF!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P4GY View Post
    Thank you very much for your extremely hard work and effort, the Stainless Steel team has made this game absolutely ing insane, idk why the Total War guys don't employ you guys to help create future games, the amount of different stuff in here is just absolutely nuts!

GOOD STUFF!!!!!
    Well said! Still playing myself when I have time. Almost got the new thrones of Britannia the other day. Then said NA I’ll wait for price to come down some more.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    Well said! Still playing myself when I have time. Almost got the new thrones of Britannia the other day. Then said NA I’ll wait for price to come down some more.
    IMO: if you like BGR then the ToB is not for you unless you want to learn British historical geography in some details. The battles are especially disappointing. If you need more info then see the links in my sig.
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Hi all,

Returned to SS6.4+BGR V recently and I'm currently further than I've ever been (which isn't saying much). I've been noting down things to ask I go. I was hoping to get more down before posting, but I've come to a pretty important crossroads in my campaign so ideally need some answers now, if possible.

I appreciate that the BGR V Manual v2 isn't probably up-to-date for BGRV_150324 (latest version) so some difference in values listed vs. values seen are possibly just a reflection of tweaks to the submod made after the manual was written? Anyway, here we go:

1.) Manual says "Siege engines take 12 turns to build" due to what they are, but they actually only take 2 turns? Intended, or bug?

2.) Manual says religious war tax is 400 per turn, but it seems to now be 200? I'm just experiencing my first crusade in years, but I seem to remember the religious war tax previously crippled me, whereas 200 doesn't seem so bad?

3.) If you pay per-region, per-turn for manpower each year, does the amount you pay increase if you take more regions within that year - or are they ignored until the next manpower draft? I doubt you see an increase in manpower when you take a settlement partway through the year, so suspect you won't see an increase in cost-for-manpower that year, either?

4.) The manual says you won't consume supplies if you have at least 10% of movement points left - is there any easy way to calculate what 10% is, or is 10% just considered to be when you don't use up ALL your movement points - i.e. you leave 1 tile available within your movement range? Would that mean you forage instead, or do you need to leave more movement points available?

5.) Am I right in thinking that only Generals who have the deed to a settlement can CONSTRUCT there, but Administrators can recruit in non-owned, centrally-owned settlements? This seems to be the case. My King was in Exeter (Prince held the deed), but as soon as the deed was transferred to a General in Ireland, my King could no longer construct in Exeter.

6.) I took Inverness & Edinburgh and got their deeds, but I gave the settlements back to Scotland when I vassalised them. I've still got the deeds but the trait list suggests they're no longer taxable. Does the AI suffer without the deeds? Is the only way for Scotland to get them back for me to put them on one of my Generals and get him killed so the deeds become available for collection again? Or, does the AI not use the deeds?

7.) I'm apparently importing dogs from Nottingham, but the icon shows apples - and camels(?!) from Edinburgh, but the icon shows honey? What gives?

8.) Does anyone know why Dooz's export_descri_unit.txt Unit Fix for more balanced armies doesn't appear to be working? I used it on a fresh install, on a new game - When I first went to war with Scotland their 1st army consisted of:

Spears/Archers/Spears/Archers/Spears/Archers/Spears/Archers/Knights/Footknights/Hobilars/Knights/Footknights/Hobilars/Knights/Footknights/Hobilars/Knights/Footknights/Hobilars

Their 2nd army consisted of:

Knights/Footknights/Hobilars/Knights/Footknights/Hobilars etc. etc.

Since killing all their armies and vassalising them, giving them their settlements back as well, they've started recruiting again and have an army that consists of:

8x Knights, 2x Foot knights, 7x Hobilars, 1x Archers (all rotated in like they were recruited 1 at a time; not in a nice order like we'd put them)

What gives?! I'm noticing France has a penchant for mounted knights also; General-less armies wandering around with 6x Knights and nothing else in them?

Onto some general questions now:

9.) I vassalised Scotland because I had them cornered in Aberdeen and the Pope kept holding me back under threat of excommunication. I didn't really want to wipe them out and I figured I could vassalise them, have them build Scotland's infrastructure and pay me 50% of their income, but I've found payments to be sporadic? Some turns I get 8k, some turns I get as low as 200g, but most turns I get nothing at all whilst they continue to recruit more Knights and shuffle them around outside Edinburgh? (I'm playing VHVH)

10.) The most annoying thing ever - prior to vassalising Scotland, they became allies with France. France have been excommunicated and I want to call a Crusade on them, but even when a Crusade target is live and Scotland are MY vassals and France's allies... If I attack France, Scotland breaks its alliance off with me. I've tested a few turns ahead and Scotland won't join the crusade, and France won't attack my stationary armies (to see if Scotland just sides with the defender). Can anyone think of a way around it? There's no option to make them break their alliance, and there's no force_diplomacy cheat that works. When they break their alliance with me I have no option to reclaim it via Diplomacy. I think I'm left with the choice of beating up France, hoping Scotland stand still, and then go back and eliminate Scotland this time to ensure they don't backstab me. REALLY annoying.

11.) Does anyone know why Unit Details always defaults back to High every time I load the game, even when I set it to Highest?

Thanks!

There is definitely something wrong with Dooz's file - almost every army I've seen from Papal States, HRE, France and Scotland has 10 Feudal Knights in it...

I've just stumbled across this post. The only one in this thread which mentions there's a BGRV subfolder for the text file as well as the original SS6.3 Data folder, located at ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\campaign\sub\BGRV

I've overwritten it in both places. Not sure if the root SS6.3 folder will count with a submod selected over it, but for good measure I've done both. Believe it will take some turns to correct itself, but I'm too far in my campaign to restart now. I'll report back if I get further and don't vanish as I've had a habit of doing over the last decade.
    Last edited by Heskey; March 04, 2019 at 05:09 PM.

1. Probably a typo in the Manual. Most units take one turn, so 2 for siege is probably correct.

2. I think BYG lowered it to 200 per general per turn. Yes, I can now often simply choose to sit out a Crusade and still not have all my generals go into debt and get banished. Before, I really had to send my King or Heir on each and every one.

3. Good question. I think not as well, but am not really sure.

5. A general with the Administrator Seal can build or recruit in any centralized settlement, that is, a settlement the deed of which is held by either the King or the Prince.

6. I imagine the the AI does not use the deeds. It certainly does not need them.

7. I've never noticed that information before. Where do you find that?

8. Yes, changes to the edu, and many other files, must be made in the BGRV submod folder, and then you must run set-up again. Your edu changes should take effect even in mid-campaign if you run set-up.

11. You may have to check the medievel2preference.cfg file in the Medieval II folder as the unit detail there may be set to high and this may be a read only file. As such, it will overide any unit detail changes you make in Stainless Steel. You may have to click Properties - attributes, and unclick the Read Only box.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Hi. When we are responsible for paying some extras, does the AI have same responsibility? For example does the AI pays for crusade 5000 florin from its treasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Yasinugurdinc View Post
    Hi. When we are responsible for paying some extras, does the AI have same responsibility? For example does the AI pays for crusade 5000 florin from its treasure?
    I don't think so (or at least not most of them). The BGR provides more reality for the player but it cannot teach the AI the new features. And the AI is already on the weak side so it provides the player with the challenge.

Danya82's Avatar Tiro

Hello, may you say me, in what mods, except SS, BGRIV or V implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by Danya82 View Post
    Hello, may you say me, in what mods, except SS, BGRIV or V implemented?
    BGR is a mod designed on the basis of the SS so it cannot exist for the other mods. It's implemented in the submod to the SS - the Titanium (but not in the SSHIP).
    Personally, I prefer to play it in the Titanium. It works very good with the other parts of the mod and other submods.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Does bgrV work with the bugfix pack?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    Does bgrV work with the bugfix pack?

No, it doesn't.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Hello, for some reason the month display doesn't appear for me. I've seen videos of people using BGR, and them having a sun/winter symbol on the bottom left.
    Another thing, is there another link to BGR IV-Enhanced? They all seem to be dead.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

There is a BGRV download here, I'm not aware of a BGRIV one but that's an earlier version.

There may also be a month display in the traits of a character, I'm not sure whether they coded that in. But generally from the start of the game it is Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

bgr IV is in the base SS mod/install. As far as I know the standalone (add to other mods) files for bgr IV are gone. I asked about them in this forum a few years ago and no one had them.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

For those who are interested, I've found BGRIV-E version for modders in my archives. I haven't looked at it in details but it seems to be the basic stuff released by Byg to let modders implement it in their own mod.
    So I can upload it somewhere and post the link here
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

In this mod, it makes sense to have castles instead of cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Serpent View Post
    In this mod, it makes sense to have castles instead of cities?
    BGR IV: only 3 castles because of the PTS system only 3 generals can supervise gathering of pools of better troops available in the castles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    BGR IV: only 3 castles because of the PTS system only 3 generals can supervise gathering of pools of better troops available in the castles.
    With BGR IV I know. And in BGRV? In this version, the types of troops to hire are the same in castles and cities.