Page 297 of 302 FirstFirst ... 197247272287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 6024

Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Guys I recently installed this mod and did as the instructions said however, when I select a faction for playing and click start I get thrown back to the screen where you select historical, custom battles etc. What could be the reason for this?
    Just so it helps the only external mods I have are-
    Bugfix compilation
    G5 settlement tweaks
    Thank you
    Also I am using
    Permanent watchtowers
    Longer Assimilation
    Gracul AI with no mercy
    No AI army
    Normal event speed
    G5 advanced battle AI

Hi man,

I have a problem with installation of BGRV ..and I bet the problem is also with BGRIV.

My steps were:
    1) I have instaled SS 6.3
    2) I have instaled SS 6.4
    3) I have coppied files from bug fix complilation v. 1.27
    4) I coppied filles from BGRV
    5) I started SS setup, untickled all options, and then tickled them as is described in manual for BGRV
    6) I renamed the folder on teutonic
    7) I have run the game in steam

When I click start the campaing, it moves me back in the menu, nothing happens at all.

WHen I go back to BGRIV, the game runs, but I think its broken, because the keys F4 - F9 described in manual does nothing

What am I missing?

Thanks for advice
    My problem is same as this guy. Any help? :3
    Last edited by Caesar16; May 26, 2018 at 01:30 AM.
    My AAR- The Restoration of the Empire-A Vanilla Byzantine AAR

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

I don't think the Bugfix compilation is compatible with BGR V.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Jurand of Cracow is correct. The Bugfix does not work with BGRV. It does, however, work with BGRIV. Or at least that is what I recall.

I believe that the Bugfix is not necessary for BGRV anyway, as Byg has already more or less incorporated the fixes into BGRV.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; June 02, 2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

So I've left this mod alone for a LOOOONG time, doesn't seem to have been updated which is fine.

What I'm wondering though, has anyone found something that can live up to this mod?
    Either another mod for MTW2 or one of the other total war titles that have a similar difficulty/complexity/ai?

Or perhaps none shall live up to the masterpiece Byg has created?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

You may find my recent recommendations here. I think some answers are included in the three in-depth reviews linked there.
    I find many of the BGR effects either implemented in his way, or achieved through the different means. Eg. limitation of the expansion of the player may be achieved through the "centralisation" system, WC/PTF, extra expenses, but may be achieved through lower loyalty, more expensive units, higher unrest and the related need to keep garrisons.
    If you'd enjoyed BGR, I don't advise playing other TW games because of many weird mechanics, as described here. I had let downs with mods for R2TW, ATW, AoC.
    JoC

hi all BGR players,

I found a little bug in BGRV that sadly only affects 1 faction, the HRE (or is it meant to be this way?) the faction starts with high inflation on turn 0 even when its not supposed to, and is stuck with inflation for the rest of the game making it unplayable, any movement of generals bankrupts me hard. I'm posting here on the rare chance that someone knowledgeable enough with BGR would help me fix it, I would even remove the inflation system completely if I could.

Default Byg's grim reality IV, need Help.

Hello everyone.

I recently installed SS 6.4 and tried grim reality IV. I've picked Crusaders states and read rules regarding of hostilities(might missed something). It seems that I can only attack with my King of Jerusalem,not even prince Alfons which is part of War council. why?
    In other instance my Acre was besieged by Fatimids and I have relieved the siege with prince Alfon's and still Alfons received disobedience. Why? Its a defensive action,it is right or a bug?

Second question is regarding Character personal economy, how does it interact with general faction treasury( losing huge sums not sure why and some characters taking high loans)

Hi, anyone with a working download for BGRV? I'd like to rekindle old flames. The link on the 3rd post doesn't work anymore.

Thanks.

Default Byg's grim reality IV

Guys can someone help me regarding scutage tax for nobles? I read in manual that when all requirements are met I can tap the "what to build next" button and taxing will commence, and it worked fine for me. But the thing is how to turn it off once I had enough? I din`t find that in manual.

Also another question i read some old post from 2011 that generals are paying for merc in their armies when on field, from their own pocket. Was it not that generals from WC regain money after next turn for hired merc? I saw trait saying 300/600 for merc. in trait list of general. So from what i read in manual I understood that treasury will need to compensate him, right? But in case of lesser general this will be permanent loss of funds for him.

Yes at the end what does that trait about 3%, 9% ect. pruscased suplears refers to?

Thx in advance

Default Re: Byg's grim reality IV, need Help.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ptional-Extras

Follow the link to this thread because there is the manual for BGR IV and V so you can try to learn more about the mod it self. Maybe it will clarify some of questions you have now.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Byg's grim reality IV

Quote Originally Posted by bojan811 View Post
    Guys can someone help me regarding scutage tax for nobles? I read in manual that when all requirements are met I can tap the "what to build next" button and taxing will commence, and it worked fine for me. But the thing is how to turn it off once I had enough? I din`t find that in manual.

Also another question i read some old post from 2011 that generals are paying for merc in their armies when on field, from their own pocket. Was it not that generals from WC regain money after next turn for hired merc? I saw trait saying 300/600 for merc. in trait list of general. So from what i read in manual I understood that treasury will need to compensate him, right? But in case of lesser general this will be permanent loss of funds for him.

Yes at the end what does that trait about 3%, 9% ect. pruscased suplears refers to?

Thx in advance
    Click the button again to end scutage.
    Yes to the second paragraph; WC get compensated from the treasury. Lesser generals suffer a permanent loss until they make it back in taxes they take from a settlement or winning in battle. The percent purchased refers to supplies. So the general is only buying a little supplies at a time. Usually the general buys 25 or 50% supplies but money can limit how much they buy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Default Re: Byg's grim reality IV

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    Click the button again to end scutage.
    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Don`t tell me it was that simple?

I tried that before i posted this questions here...but I didn't receive any message regarding scutage turned off like you recieve when you start to enforce it. To be honest I didn't end my turn to see what happens just reloaded pre-save.
    Tnx for info Judeman
    Last edited by bojan811; August 25, 2018 at 12:15 PM.

does the link for BGRV work?

Turek's Avatar Foederatus

Neither of the links works for me. The link for BGR-IV manual seems to be dead too.

Turek's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Thanks. There were download links earlier in this thread too;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15360305

The BGR-V manual from the above link seems to include the BGR-IV manual as well;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...8&d=1431891436

The main mod would seem to be the version, however the file that you linked is almost two times bigger?

Am currently playing as Aragon and after full plate event which occurred around 1380th and I lose access to feudal knights (inf and cav) I also lost access to any heavy inf in forts. I can only recruit HI in the citadel and that is a footman at arms. The only citadel in my possession is on the Greek peninsula - Peloponnese. Is it normal that now I do not have access to HI or am I missing something? My best unit to be recruited in the fortress is now sword and buckler man which count as light inf.
    Last edited by bojan811; September 10, 2018 at 06:31 AM.

deleted
    Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; September 13, 2018 at 06:56 AM.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Is Master BYG still around?
    I am currently playing the SSHIP mod, which is not compatible with the standard BYG IV package built in SS6.4's installer. I am therefore desperately looking for the stand alone package that allows BYG IV to be installed into mods other than vanilla SS6.4. There is the specific mention of that package on the first page. It hasn't been updated for ages and the link is dead. I remember once having once downloaded the package and had it successfully installed to a Third Age mod a few years ago. It definitely worked once. Does anyone have any idea where to find the standalone BYG IV?

Even better would be if you could create a BGRV submod for SSHIP, but I understand that would require an even larger and more complicated amount of work. Regarding BGRIV, I do not have the files you are looking for, but I do wish you the best of luck. And if you somehow do manage to create a BGRIV submod for SSHIP, it would be wonderful if you could post a link somewhere as I for one would be very grateful!