Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

If you took the time to read the OP relating to BGR-V (post #3) you would notice a spoiler named "Troubleshooter" in which it is specifically written not compatible with any other submod. It took me 10 sec to find it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: SS 6.4 Missing BGR files & options

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks to Byg and all those modders who have allowed so many people to enjoy this game again.

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone knows where can I find the files from BGR (quoted below) missing from the SS6.4 installation, as there are no links at the post. I installed SS6.4 and found the post below while looking for the manual.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Having just installed 6.4 I noticed that some BGR things aren't available.

I have provided some files below that I used when designing and playing BGR. Up until now you may have had it too easy.

You may find them not to your liking and it may be that some new feature in SS6.4 makes them less valid.

The files are

Shorter Movement (Add file directly. Speaks for itself, but its effect is to make supplies and foraging more critical by about 30% and armies indirectly more expensive by about 30%)

Forts_15000 (Add file directly. Changes the cost for forts to 15000 causing less human player exploit of this feature and creating a cost proportionate to the benefit)

Forage Estate Options (Do not add these files directly. This folder contains instructions and code to edit into your files to add high and low levels of estate and forage damage costs) Note: The setting you have by default are my default settings. Use these other settings optionally. It is debatable wether the other options for estate costs are higher or lower difficulty. The higher forage costs are more difficult than lower ones.

As far as I recall these are all save game compatible.

Files (not the folders) go into your data folder, usually here C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data.

Blog Entries

Unless somebody has them and kindly re-upload them, you can consider these files as missing unfortunately
    In that case, your last option is to install BGRIV (+ BGRIV-E if you want).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

How can I download this mod? The link given is not working.

Hello, first of all i just wanted to say thank-you deeply for this amazing mod, the realism it adds is truly magnificent.

But i have some issues with a game i am currently playing and wish to remove the "banished" and "leader defied" traits from my commanders. Can someone please prove an exact command console line that i could use to remove this?

IMO it seems a little too time consuming to manage this banishment thing, and its the only thing i dont appreciate in the mod. Seems the only viable option when a leader gets banished is to kill them off, quite unrealistic when we have no option to execute someone. The "?" button for a pardon has never worked for me, not sure how to use it.

Seems half my existence now is balancing this banished trait, as my min force lives on an island, sending them to another land is quite impossible unless a fleet just happens to be nearby, and if a mercenary fleet isnt availible, there is no possible way to avoid the "defied orders" even if i make all effort, this sucks, and its a gamebreaker, quite sad if youve been toiling away for weeks on a certain campaign.

A few of my generals were banished, so i send them to a crusade, they get banished again for fighting with only the "order recruitment" trait. Then one general was banished for helping another in combat, even though he never moved out the castle, this is extremely unrealistic, i dont like it at all. Am i expected to make that army stay in the castle?

Sorry in advance if this solution is already posted in this forum, but there are over 200 pages to read through! And hours of google search dont seem to solve the problem, nor the "remove_trait this OrderBanished" line

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Hi,

Is BGRV compatibilty with Longer Assimilation?

It's your lucky day; I have the BGRV files, so here they are, (PDF manual included!)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gi9zoq...GRV_150324.zip

I think there is one additional fix by me to give the silver surfer Ducal Cav officer his missing skin, but otherwise this is Byg's original work. Please note, don't take everything in the manual as fact, as some of it is blatantly incorrect, as some things evidently changed during development. For example, it claims manpower is neatly divided into units of 10. In game, units actually start at a value of 14. If I'm feeling really nice, maybe I'll update the manual to reflect the game's exact mechanics some day, but I figured people would want something out right now, so it is what it is.
    Last edited by Dauntless07; April 21, 2017 at 07:21 PM.

Hi, can someone plz tell me what the console commands are to remove "in defiance of orders" and "banished" Also, the line to add "War council member" As king i think i have the right to nominate my own

sorry about the repeat posts there was quite a delay in the forum

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless07 View Post
    It's your lucky day; I have the BGRV files, so here they are, (PDF manual included!)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gi9zoq...GRV_150324.zip

I think there is one additional fix by me to give the silver surfer Ducal Cav officer his missing skin, but otherwise this is Byg's original work. Please note, don't take everything in the manual as fact, as some of it is blatantly incorrect, as some things evidently changed during development. For example, it claims manpower is neatly divided into units of 10. In game, units actually start at a value of 14. If I'm feeling really nice, maybe I'll update the manual to reflect the game's exact mechanics some day, but I figured people would want something out right now, so it is what it is.
    You added a new fix in the last version or you make the fix and Byg introduced in the last version?
    Iīm playin this mod, and I would like to know if I need to reinstall the mod with your link.
    Last edited by Hennin; April 24, 2017 at 03:27 PM.

After digging up some ancient history, I've found Byg did eventually implement this bug-fix. I did it for my own personal use first, so I did not know, but the fix is the same in both our versions, so no incompatibility here. All is as Byg intended.
    Last edited by Dauntless07; April 21, 2017 at 07:19 PM.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Hi,

Where can I find Teutonic Knights fix for v6.4?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the delay! I'll see if I can find a working link.

Danya82's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbluesky View Post
    I want to try to see if I can use BGRIV/E with SSHIP or Broken Crescent. But the following link from the opening post no longer works. Could someone post a link to this if you have it?

Go HERE for BGRIV/E Modders pack for integration with mods other than stainless steel, or SS mods that introduce new settlement names and units.
    The linkdoes not exist anymore, can someone give working link, pls?

Blog Entries

Are you interested by the version made by Byg for modders?

Danya82's Avatar Tiro

Yes, exactly this

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Hello,

Where can I find sobmods compatibles with BGR-V?,

Iīm looking for example for a SubMod like:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Mod-for-SS6-4

But I donīt know if it is compatible with BGR-V?, I think that isnīt, but not sure.
    Last edited by Hennin; July 04, 2017 at 01:56 PM.

There are no other sub mods compatible with BGRV

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY View Post
    There are no other sub mods compatible with BGRV
    Ok Thanks,

I have another question:

Few pages back I can see in page 260, a file from Dooz "" export_descr_unit "", itīs recommended to use it?.

And the last question: itīs recommended or not to use " Equal priority AI Recruitment "?.

In my last campaing Iīm using:

- Savage AI
    - BGR-V
    - No AI starting Army for BGR-V
    - Permanent Arrow
    - G5 ReallyBadAI Battle System v5.7
    Last edited by Hennin; July 06, 2017 at 11:07 AM.

The file from dooz will make armies of AI slightly more balanced. BGRV AI armies are mostly knights and heavy infantry. I use it. The big difference is you will have to fight more AI stacks as the more balanced armies are cheaper for AI.

i do not use the second you speak of. Not sure it's had adequate testing either. But you could always start a new campaign and see what happens...