Thread: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

Played a battle and archers weren't shooting arrows so I ran setup again, checked "permanent arrows", started a new game and now everything seems to be working fine.

Default Re: BGR-V 20150324. Byg's Grim Reality (Supply & Command Series): Guides, Updates & Optional Extras

The download link seems to be broken😕

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

If you look for BGR V, you can find the new download link here (manual also included).

I'm looking for the BGR IV + the enhanced version

Once I have all of them, I'll re-upload them. If anybody has the files, please give me a link where I can download them. Thanks in advance.

Edit: List of what I've found in my archives:
    - BGR IV-E manual v4.
    - BGR IV-E Multimods Generator (basically the raw material to adapt BGR IV-E to any mod).
    - Missing BGR files for SS6.3/SS6.4

If anybody could give me the BGR IV and BGR IV-E original files, that would be great. I'd be then able to upload all that stuff and provide new download links for this mod (to not let it die)
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 08, 2017 at 05:15 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I am playing SS6.4 with BGR IV and Realistic Recruitment checked on the submod list.

I really want to enjoy this mod as I like a lot of the ideas and difficulty increase. However, I cannot figure out the economy, even after reading the manual. I am playing the Holy Roman Empire (vh/vh) and have reached turn 38 but I repeatedly get surprised and almost bankrupted by massive noble expenses that seem to come out of nowhere (normally expenses are usually listed around '5000-5900' but occasionally I will begin a turn with my treasury in tatters and noble expenses of '10000-19000'). My nobles are almost all filthy rich (lowest with 4000+ and most in the 8 and 9 thousands +) but they don't seem to be paying for anything. Even generals without 'Recruitment authorization' don't foot their own bills and my treasury still has to pay for any units that they recruit. As to the generals with recruitment authorization, that just seems to mean that I will be charged twice for each unit - once on the turn that I recruited it and once again the following turn when they claim the cost against the treasury. I finally figured out how to start scutage (I know its in the manual but a tool tip or something in game to tell you how to activate it would have been nice. Also, once activated is it permanent? If yes, can you turn it back off? If its not permanent, how long does it last?) which I know will help a lot with managing noble costs but I still don't understand the massive spikes. I would expect them to occur after capturing a new town or concluding/starting a campaign but they seem to hit at any time. Being the Holy Roman Empire on very hard I am constantly at war with ALL of my neighbors so its very difficult to pin down what is causing my economy to tank for a turn before rebounding to normal again. Is construction part of this new noble economy? Is there any other way that I can leverage money from my rich, useless nobles? Also is there any way to stop new generals from gouging my treasury resupplying themselves (even though I have no need for them to lead an army anytime soon). Failing that, is there a way that I can set their initial supplies to 100%? Starting at only 25% supplies, after the already massive cost of recruiting/adding a new noble seems a bit silly to me.

I really want to enjoy this mod and love new challenges in tw, but I also like being able to at least reasonably predict my own economy from turn to turn and this economy system is making that next to impossible for me. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    If you look for BGR V, you can find the new download link here (manual also included).

I'm looking for the BGR IV + the enhanced version

Once I have all of them, I'll re-upload them. If anybody has the files, please give me a link where I can download them. Thanks in advance.

Edit: List of what I've found in my archives:
    - BGR IV-E manual v4.
    - BGR IV-E Multimods Generator (basically the raw material to adapt BGR IV-E to any mod).
    - Missing BGR files for SS6.3/SS6.4

If anybody could give me the BGR IV and BGR IV-E original files, that would be great. I'd be then able to upload all that stuff and provide new download links for this mod (to not let it die)

Hey Lifthrasir, is there anyway I could get the "BGR IV-E manual v4" and "Missing BGR files for SS6.3/SS6.4"?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Sure. I'll upload them and post the links here
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Next heir ancillary seems be incompatible with BGR IV-E? I have this strange recollection that I utilized both mods a couple of years ago but I must be mistaken, over nine thousand in Noble's expenses and ever growing 5 turns in eventually got to me thinking that it's not workings intended.

Also, how outdated are the manuals posted by Byg in the first three posts? "Supply & forage consumption rate set to 1/4 when in forts, but forts now cost 15,000 if you choose to have forts enabled", is not the case when BGR IV is ticked (or the option to on/off forts). Does Byg's Grim Reality, Depth and Realism Mod ver. IV-E, not equal BGR IV-E?

Quote Originally Posted by kronikel View Post
    Next heir ancillary seems be incompatible with BGR IV-E? I have this strange recollection that I utilized both mods a couple of years ago but I must be mistaken, over nine thousand in Noble's expenses and ever growing 5 turns in eventually got to me thinking that it's not workings intended.

Also, how outdated are the manuals posted by Byg in the first three posts? "Supply & forage consumption rate set to 1/4 when in forts, but forts now cost 15,000 if you choose to have forts enabled", is not the case when BGR IV is ticked (or the option to on/off forts). Does Byg's Grim Reality, Depth and Realism Mod ver. IV-E, not equal BGR IV-E?
    Don't mind what I have written above, I have found the problem.

Running SS_Setup.exe after installation causes problem with at least BGR IV. Testing have so far only shown problem with Noble's expenses, causing ridiculous numbers to occur.

To my understanding, the Noble's expenses should show 900 at turn 2 with Hungary, other settings are VH/VH, Savage AI, Limited Activities, Longer Assimilation and Early Era Campaign.

Could anyone please deny or confirm the above, would help immensely.

Cheers

Blog Entries

For those who are interested, I've re-uploaded the BGR IV-E manual. New link added in Post #2. If you're too lazy to go there , it can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4333

I just need to put my archives in order (what a mess!!!) and will re-upload the files mentioned earlier as well. I might also have BGR V.
    I'm also re-asking for BGR IV-E. If anyone has it, please contact me. Thanks in advance.

Ah, so are BGR V and the manual for it both gone/lost?

I'm not sure if Byg is still active or not, maybe some one else can help me, Im playing as HRE using BGR V, Im 10k into debt and yet there is still inflation, is this normal? any way I can get rid of inflation? actually from the start of the game inflation never went away.

Hi man,

I have a problem with installation of BGRV ..and I bet the problem is also with BGRIV.

My steps were:
    1) I have instaled SS 6.3
    2) I have instaled SS 6.4
    3) I have coppied files from bug fix complilation v. 1.27
    4) I coppied filles from BGRV
    5) I started SS setup, untickled all options, and then tickled them as is described in manual for BGRV
    6) I renamed the folder on teutonic
    7) I have run the game in steam

When I click start the campaing, it moves me back in the menu, nothing happens at all.

WHen I go back to BGRIV, the game runs, but I think its broken, because the keys F4 - F9 described in manual does nothing

What am I missing?

Thanks for advice

Blog Entries

New download link for the missing files for SS6.4 added in Post #2. They can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4337

If the download link is not working, PM me and I'll see if I can fix the problem
    Btw, I'm still looking for BGR IV-E files. Anybody with these files? Thanks in advance.

I have BGRIV_E_999. How do I go about posting a link to it?
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Blog Entries

You need to upload it somewhere (like Mega.nz, or Google Drive or Dropbox, etc...) and post the link here
    Many thanks in advance

Laetus

After having been away from this mod for a looong time I finally feel like playing SS again.
    However, the BGR-IV (and BGR-II) included in 6.4 is not my cup of tea. BGR-II is missing WC (which I really liked) as well as reduced recruitment, however BGR-IV's economic system is driving me mad (I have way less patience than I did many years ago).

As I recall, BGR-III was the best version for me. Sadly, all download links on this site are gone and also Google does not help me much after 3 days of searching.
    Does anyone have installation files (compatible with SS6.4) that they could share? It would me much appreciated!

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by kring View Post
    As I recall, BGR-III was the best version for me. Sadly, all download links on this site are gone and also Google does not help me much after 3 days of searching.
    Also looking for BGR III download link, I want to add it to another mod im playing.

I've just reinstalled:

1.) 6.3
    2.) Steam Version Fix
    3.) 6.4
    4.) BGR-V 20150324 (link to last known download: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...4&d=1440972691 from page 189)

A.) Is this the latest version of BGR-V, or are there additional fixes/compilations/patches/further submods hiding somewhere that I should be using?
    B.) My characters seem to have [S 100%, M+0] on all their names, both in character scrolls and on their 'banner' when you hover over them on the campaign map. What is this? I don't remember it, but I haven't messed around with the installer to have caused a bug?

That was the final version. S 100% means supplies for that general are at 100%. M+0 means morale for that general is neutral.