Thread: monitor_event to fix the alliance bug for stainless steel

Default monitor_event to fix the alliance bug for stainless steel

Hello I made an account only to download mods and had no intention of ever posting anything but figure I'd share this on the internet in case someone needed it.

So either my google skills are very poor or I no one's ever implemented a fix for this.

For those unaware the "alliance bug" is bug on which dead factions still count as allies to other factions they were allied to when the were destroyed. This means that if you were at war with someone and destroyed them and then want to have an alliance with one of their former allies you can't.

The option to offer alliance will never show up in the dialog box.

I know most people don't bother with alliances but I do like to have them early on to raise trustworthiness

This is literally the dumbest way to fix this bug, it checks on every player turn end if all factions have any settlements, and if they do not it sets their relationship with all other factions as neutral, only the mongols, timurids, teutonic order and papal states are exempt, as I'm sure that would break things.

To install it you have to copy it to your campaign_script.txt inside: Medieval II Total War\mods\ss6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Paste it above this last lines:

wait_monitors

end_script
    Attached Files Attached Files