Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Saxons Redemption

Dragon Tex's Avatar Foederatus

Default The Saxons Redemption

With the death of the Saxon King, Harold, in 1066 at the hands of the Normans, and the defeat of their forces, the Saxons where forced to retreat to the sea and settle in Oslo. Once established, Edmund took the throne. News arrived later that his younger brother was killed by Prince Rufus, which sparked a vengeance so deep, Edmund asked for help from the French. The French were more concerned at getting the Normans, now England, out of France and were unable to send aid. They did however send information on training Lancers, their most powerful Calvary.

Without the support of the Pope, the Saxons have once again taken to their Pagan ways.

Version History:

v0.2a
    -Fixed textures for the Saxons, no longer using England textures
    -Retextured unit icons, no longer using England icons
    -Saxons accent is now East European, so you shouldn't here them say "For England"
    -Changed Denmark and Milan to Pagan, didn't want the Saxons the only Pagans ;P
    -Moved Saxons out of the British Isle and moved them to Oslo, redid campaign description to reflect.
    -Changed year of death for Harold and Godwine, age for Edmund, gave Edmund a wife and four kids. Got tired of having the adoption thing keep poping up.
    -Added more recruitment slots.

v0.2
    -Added icons for the Pagan Churches so they won't have the generic icons
    -Fixed year of death on Harold and Godwine. Was getting an error in the log "Script Error in Saxons_Redemption/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2734, column 57
    Harold has no death time specified" Their Year of Death was 0 AD, it should read now 1079 AD

v0.1b
    -Changed export_descr_buildings, had Saxons assigned to High Temple as well
    -Changed descry_sm_faction, forgot that I had changed a few of the factions to Pagan and Orthodox. Moved them back to their original religion

v0.1a
    -Fixed export_descr_buildings, had to many recrutement slots when I was testing
    -Changed the win conditions for the saxons

v0.1
    -Makes the Saxons Playable
    -Changed the Saxons Religion to Pagan
    -Added Pagan Churchs (Thanks to Gundug)
    -Gave the Saxons the ability to recruit Lancers
    -Add factions able to recruit Generals/Bodyguards
    -Will not overwrite any vanilla files

Thanks and Credits
    Gundug (The Religion part of this mod)
    plasticfigurine - Early Generals Mod v0.2 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1074
    Zephrelial and Ralendil with the battle_moddle file
    And everyone else who made the programs I used to convert some of the files so I could edit them.
    If I left out anyone I would like to say sorry now.

Well I'm very new to the modding world for M2TW but I took a stab at it!

I saw this tutorial on adding the Saxons back into the game so I figured someone did it and had it for download. But I couldn't find anything. Well after reading and reading and seeing some people having problems I desided to give it a go. After a few week and having to get some Rogain after pulling all my hair out I finally have something that I'm proud of.

Now, I'm not big on coming up with stories to that sort so please don't laugh when you see the Saxons Discription . The Saxons are pretty much a mirror to the English with a few exceptions. I gave the Saxons the ability to recruit Lancers, which belong to France. I've also enabled the recruitment of Generals (Thanks to the creator, King Kong I believe, of SS) after looking in Stainless Steel. I've also have the Early Generals Mod, by plasticfigurine, in with my mod as well.

One more note:
    This is just like the vanillia campagn. Eventually I'll be able to make moddification later when I know more. Right now I'm in the "craw" phase. If anyone would like to add to this, by all means, we all have to start somewhere!

Please enjoy!

Download
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1471
    Last edited by Dragon Tex; July 03, 2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Update

Default Re: The Saxons Redemption

Are they just all re-designed english units?

looks pretty cool, what about making the map smaller to show only the english isles and france?
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

Quote Originally Posted by viperwolf416 View Post
    Are they just all re-designed english units?
    For the most part I guess, they didn't have much for units so I just figured to use the English since they were in the same area. Some of them are HRE as well because they have some of the same units. Haven't made it that far as to creating my own models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtha View Post
    looks pretty cool, what about making the map smaller to show only the english isles and france?
    Still learning! I'm in my crawl phase right now. I hope to be walking soon, and who's knows, I might be able to run eventually!

I'm liking the work you have done so far! I agree with Ramtha, eventually making a reduced map, but with more local provinces, would be a good idea, since the focus seems much less general than the default campaign. Mapping is pretty involved though, so for now, probably the best idea is to focus on making everything else perfect. I could also see possibly making the other factions unplayable, so players just concentrate on the one storyline.

The pagan church building tree is looking good. I hope you can get some cool pagan style images for the buildings. Barbarian Invasion would be a good source. You could get some ideas for building descriptions from there as well.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

I'm liking this, looks very good, even despite the untextured (Or at least I think they are... my computer needs fixing, can't play M2:TW right now) units and unit cards.

I'm currently redoing the textures at the moment. Later on, this mod will be combined with another when we finish everything.

cool, great work +rep

Everything is fixed as far as the textures and unit cards. I will upload the next version soon. After this version, the next update will be with another mod that adds Ireland, Welsh, and one other.

Updated...

See version history for fixes.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the accents. Might have to copy the other sound files over, if that's the case, do not copy over the audio.dat, audio.idx, events.dat, or events.idx

s1on's Avatar Laetus

Are there any instructions on how to install the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by s1on View Post
    Are there any instructions on how to install the mod?
    Sorry so long for a reply.

It's should install directly to your M2TW folder because it's an exe file. Just double click and let it run! It will not overwrite any of your origianl files if you let it install into the default dir.

I try to download, but link takes me to filefronts main page....can u help? I wanna try this mod, it sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe012 View Post
    I try to download, but link takes me to filefronts main page....can u help? I wanna try this mod, it sounds good.

It looks as though it was deleted. I will upload again once I get home and PM you. Sorry, don't know how it was deleted

I'm kinda hungering for this mod, is anything happening? The download won't work..

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

yeah...download are dead
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Ged's Avatar Miles

When will the download be up? 'Cos I really really want to play this.

P.S. Want any help in this mod?

Is there anywhere to download this from. I've been trying and trying to get an Anglo-Saxon mod done for ages but had absolutely no luck. It sounds fantastic.

Still won't download.

First off, sorry for the long break. My wife passed away at the begining of Sep 07 so I stopped doing everything. I'm back and will continue to refine everything. It took awhile to find my latest mod on this. It is still currently the v0.2a version and is back up. I have bought a new computer so I need to download all the programs again to edit everything. I also have to do a crash course to try to learn how to do this again. Please, any feedback will be helpful.

Tex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast