Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your v.6.4 Empire (w/ Screenshots)

Default Re: Post Your v.6.4 Empire (w/ Screenshots)

Holy crap!

I sieged sparta, and was in for a surprise. No less than 13 spartan hoplite units sallied out, with a bunch of archers as well.... And I have a premarius legion....

So, I did my best, sent my cavalry around to charge their rear, and what happens? As soon as the cavalry make impact, my general dies. This was my best legion that had beaten the greeks 12 times already in major battles. Now they have to go home crippled and with no leader.

Anyway, lesson learned. Don't siege sparta with one legion, and be prepared for a hard and long fight. I killed less than 400 spartans before fleeing the field.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Yeah I know, BTW, I sieged sparta with 1 legion......of praetorion Cohorts. I finished the spartans easy. It's not realistic but i couldn't miss any other legions so I sent al my defending troops of Rome

I'm going to use two legions for sparta, legio XIIV and V work well together and have killed enough greeks.

I'm sending a new legion to try again:

Retired moderator of TWC

Anyway time for an update.

Its 198 BC

I've only taken one more city, naupactus. I did take athens but I guess it overthrew us and became greek again... So I'm besieging it a second time.
    The siege of Corinth is about end, but there is a stack with those spartans that I lost against when I attacked sparta, and they will probably try to relieve the siege when I hit end turn. I hope I can beat them though and take corinth.
    The front with Greece:

Against gaul, I've fought a few more battles, but usually they are intimidated by my three legions. Every few years they send a few stacks in, but I beat them and then there's peace for a while.
    The front with Gaul:

Here is my legion info:

Retired moderator of TWC

Just out of interest Garnier, how far are you to Marian reforms??
    I'm in 207 BC and they seem at least 70 turns away... Ill need them against Germany, who i have just started fighting

After i took Mediolanium, Patavium, Nicaea, Lilybeon, Syracusa, Carthage, Caralis I have 9 legions all just been reinforced

then Germany attacked with two full stacks, mainly of axemen chosen axemen skirm warband and noble cavalry i had a slightly depleted legion led by a novice commander Placus Hirtileius who had only 2 stars, having been a border garrison legion. The battle took 2 hours and 45 minutes for me to acheive an amazing victory (given that my men were pre-marius against Germany!!!) 970 romans dead for 6775 dead Germans along with their faction heir!! i had one pila per man for each charge...

(no hills involved---flat even ground)

Icon12 Re: Post Your v.6.4 Empire (w/ Screenshots)

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    I'm sending a new legion to try again:
    WOW. Now thats a LEGION. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Pachinko View Post
    WOW. Now thats a LEGION. hahaha
    Right you just made me change my mind. I have two legions and was going to sack Athens with them to get enough cash to raise another legion, giving me 6.
    But instead I'll sack Charthage first, raise another legion, fill it with ellies and use the three of them to take sparta, then from there, all of greece.

Meanwhile the senate wants me to go to war with germany

Whats the trigger for marius?

IMPERIAL PALACE built in MAINLAND ITALY only (starting regions including Taras)

GaussSoldier's Avatar Tiro

An Imperial Palace in Italy or Sicily. Still a long way till that happens for me.

Reading all this good stuff is like a knife in my heart when the download link isn't working *sob sob*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucillus Gallica View Post
    Just out of interest Garnier, how far are you to Marian reforms??
    I'm in 207 BC and they seem at least 70 turns away... Ill need them against Germany, who i have just started fighting

After i took Mediolanium, Patavium, Nicaea, Lilybeon, Syracusa, Carthage, Caralis I have 9 legions all just been reinforced

then Germany attacked with two full stacks, mainly of axemen chosen axemen skirm warband and noble cavalry i had a slightly depleted legion led by a novice commander Placus Hirtileius who had only 2 stars, having been a border garrison legion. The battle took 2 hours and 45 minutes for me to acheive an amazing victory (given that my men were pre-marius against Germany!!!) 970 romans dead for 6775 dead Germans along with their faction heir!! i had one pila per man for each charge...

(no hills involved---flat even ground)
    I plan to trigger marius reforms in 170 BC (112 turns away), and then upgrade to imperial legions in 130 BC.

Retired moderator of TWC

What's the difference between imperial and republic legions? Do I get them at different times?
    If not, I'll use republic legions untill the people love me, then I'll use imperial legions and take rome.

Republicans are like the early cohorts in vanilla. You get them with the republican barracks. The imperial barracks recruits imperial legionaries.

Retired moderator of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    I plan to trigger marius reforms in 170 BC (112 turns away), and then upgrade to imperial legions in 130 BC.
    Yeah, i wasn't sure whether to hit the reforms asap and not hit imperial legionnaries until 105 BC or to wait for reforms like you suggest...

I think i will wait because my battle skills need a little fine-tuning anyway lol....

ON a sidenote, i can upload battle screenshots, but when i open campaign map screenshots (using gimp) they are completely black -- i DONT know why --- please help

That's what I call a battle.

This was a total chaos. All those flying javelins, rocks and arrows were devastating. Including crazy elephants on rampage in battle center. Luckily they killed enemies instead my men.

I could have beat Hannibal but Theophanes came with his mercenary army, They were slow and choose to pursue my fleeing men insted of main army. When they attacked, my army was exhausted and couldn't fight them off.

All three generals, dead. Quintus died after his long solo-fighting against barbarians. Hannibal and Theophanes died like fools.

Legion was destroyed but now remaining enemy armies don't have generals and full numbers. I will finish them off soon. And I killed more enemies than they killed mine.

Thsi is why I play this mod!

Just captured Tingis and Locus Gaetuli

Carthage

My Relatively Peaceful Frontline

My Financial Status

Until 203 BC

Last edited by Marcus Tullius Cicero; June 23, 2007 at 05:29 AM.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

I sent my legions to grecce aswell, though i start to think if that was a bad idea. It took three legions to bring down sparta and a half stack greek army. And my first legion that landed on greek shore was completly destroyed by spartans.

Almost 3 legions lost and one on its knees holding sparta. Spartan mercs, got to love it that they are recruitable now.

Two questions!

1. At some citys there are roman barracks (i read about it in another thread so it dont bother me) should they be destroyed aswell as the other buildings when conquering at city?

2. Im going to upload some pictures from my campign is imageschack any good to use or anyone have any better site for uploading pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucillus Gallica View Post
    ON a sidenote, i can upload battle screenshots, but when i open campaign map screenshots (using gimp) they are completely black -- i DONT know why --- please help
    Just take the screenshot by pressing the "Stamp" key on your keyboard. Then minimize RTW (CTRL+ESC), open Gimp and select "past as a new image" (or something similar).
    Hope that helps

I am attacking Greece too! I conquered Africa and Spain, then I launched an attack on Greece... Surprise! They had 5 full stacks near my border (with some Spartans too)! THAT slowed me down quite a bit

I'll take Charthage, buy elephant mercs, sail back to scily, replenish my legions and recruit another, then I'll take athens with one legions, and hold everything else of with the other two.
    Then I'll send another two legions to greece giving me five, and I'll stop there insane rampage, THEY'VE ALREADY DESROYED DACIA AND MACEDON! And they must be stopped.