Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Recruitment office

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Recruitment

Yes, good editing.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

We are looking for a couple of people who are semi-familiar with editing an RTW text file (but this isn't necessary), who have good grammer and can spell, who can follow instructions (), and who can ferret out all the unit descriptions for the new RS2 units, as well as organize and take advantage of resources on the team to create them.

The applicants will be dedicated individuals who can perform this task in a timely manner and show results. They will be well paid...just like all the rest of us on this team. :hmmm: And, they will be required to have no life.....just like the rest of us.

Please contact 'rory o'kane' via PM if you are interested, and be prepared to show some examples of your 'stuff'.

The Management

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

You're offering them the same pay as the rest of the team . . . that isn't fair we all have seniority!!!
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Oh, that's a good point. How about 65% of nothing.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Oh, that's a good point. How about 65% of nothing.

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

guys, i'm away for the next few days, so the Fuzz is in charge of the unit descriptions applications.
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

Columcille's Avatar Semisalis

I'd probably be available to do that. I cant be on THAT much though.
    I've modded RTW myself before, so i dont think it would be that hard for text files. Modding since 06' ish?

PM me.
    Columcille
    Graphics Worker |Modder | Irish
    Proud player of Roma Surrectum

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Hy guys ,i have to confess iam a very amateur script moder in compare with professionals like you of course but i have to say that i have a slight experience of moding text files, i am able of changing units statistics, i can write descriptions for the units and i also was able to take parts from mods that i liked (like units banners etc) and put the to ather mods .I also could make gloss files and .....a very very amateur use of 3d max (i would not recomend me...hehe)
    I would be glad to help if i could, and of course i wont no pay,it is an honor helping guys like you who are working for our pleasure for free, (keep in mind that i have no special knowledge i only learned by my self by experimentation)

and english is not my mother language so i dont know if i can spell as good as you want
    Last edited by Squid; September 25, 2008 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    (keep in mind that i have not special knowledge i only learned from my self by experimentation)
    Well that's all of us.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Icon5 How can I halp?

Hello Comrades,

Tom Vou here, and i am new to posting on the forum, yet i am by no means a newcomer, as i peruse the 'roma surrectum' forum quite often.

I very eagerly await the release of RS 2, and i am wondering if i can be of any help at all. I could not find a thread related to this matter, and i'm sorry if there was one. (if there is, please re-direct me)

basically my expertise is in translating from latin to english and vice-versa. Is there any need for someone with my skills? I am taking IB latin IV and im a junior in highschool. We have an excellent teacher and in that class we learn about not just translation, but also Roman History and myths.

My latin is pretty solid, and im just hoping to help inorder to get this awesome mod out there as soon as possible for people to enjoy!

you can contact me through the forum or at my email: tomvoufiend@aol.com

Citizen

Default Re: How can I halp?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Vou View Post
    Hello Comrades,

Tom Vou here, and i am new to posting on the forum, yet i am by no means a newcomer, as i peruse the 'roma surrectum' forum quite often.

I very eagerly await the release of RS 2, and i am wondering if i can be of any help at all. I could not find a thread related to this matter, and i'm sorry if there was one. (if there is, please re-direct me)

basically my expertise is in translating from latin to english and vice-versa. Is there any need for someone with my skills? I am taking IB latin IV and im a junior in highschool. We have an excellent teacher and in that class we learn about not just translation, but also Roman History and myths.

My latin is pretty solid, and im just hoping to help inorder to get this awesome mod out there as soon as possible for people to enjoy!

you can contact me through the forum or at my email: tomvoufiend@aol.com
    First of all welcome to the forum. You need to have a look around at the various parts. If you'd done that you would have seen the 'recruitment' stickied thread : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105608

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

thanks very much

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Vou View Post
    thanks very much
    No problems - it looks like your post has been moved to the correct place anyway.... (not by me).

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Hey guys i've loved every moment of RS so i was wondering if i could help contribute to the next release.......Anything can be learnt, just wondering what the beta testers do...

I could help with writing unit descriptions etc get back to me asap!

I'm free for 2 weeks soon (OCTOBER 11-OCTOBER 26, most evenings, some mornings, so let me know if i could help test the mod...i have a decent(ish) laptop to run on when it decides to work! LOL

If anyone's interested, there's still some grunt work like

1) adding new unit cards, and
    2) 2D graphics work adding some new skies (renders done, they need chopping around - a rather fiddly process that does need a good bit of concentration and attention to detail)

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    If anyone's interested, there's still some grunt work like

1) adding new unit cards, and
    2) 2D graphics work adding some new skies (renders done, they need chopping around - a rather fiddly process that does need a good bit of concentration and attention to detail)
    If you need some unit cards I can do them mate.

Thanks! (A late reply as you've already done some stuff now)

We're now looking for someone with excellent 2D skills that can work to a high standard on the user interface.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Thanks! (A late reply as you've already done some stuff now)

We're now looking for someone with excellent 2D skills that can work to a high standard on the user interface.
    I might know a guy, as a matter of fact.

Oh....I hope so.

We are looking for a couple of people who are semi-familiar with editing an RTW text file (but this isn't necessary), who have good grammer and can spell, who can follow instructions (), and who can ferret out all the unit descriptions for the new RS2 units, as well as organize and take advantage of resources on the team to create them.

The applicants will be dedicated individuals who can perform this task in a timely manner and show results. They will be well paid...just like all the rest of us on this team. And, they will be required to have no life.....just like the rest of us.

Please contact 'rory o'kane' via PM if you are interested, and be prepared to show some examples of your 'stuff'.

The Management

IF you are still accepting applications for it, I will volunteer. Long ago I offered myself for unit descriptions, since that's an essential field that still needs to improve; I have good English writing skills and understanding, plus some amateur modding knowledge.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)