Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Recruitment office

Mulattothrasher's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Recruitment

The time frame isn't too rigid or anything. Pretty much from now until 2.0 get released. Factions that I've done are these: Arverni, Belgae, Parthia, Seleucids, Ptolemies, and I'm slowly dredging up info on Pontus right now...they're quite difficult . The third Celtic faction I will do them. Keravnos has done Sparta's unit descriptions and with help get Macedon done along with help from the fuzz.

Faction that need to be done are these: Scythia, Sarmatia, Dacia, a Germanic faction, Pergamon, Armenia, Carthage, the Iberian tribe, and Rome that will need some love (I think I got everybody). You'll work the historians on the team to get things done. Look at the previews for Sparta and the Belgae. We aim for that level of info if possible. We want to inform the player on the unit's history, its famous commanders, what they did in real life, what happened in battles they were involved in, etc... If you think you can help then sent a PM DvK or tone

We are an equal opportunity employer

Anyone with knowledge of adding portraits, like those of family members and generals, into the game out there?

We've already plenty of portraits done from statues (lots of them) that will wind up in some loading screens. However, it would be great to see them as generals and family members too.

If you've got the know-how for this, let us know

Worm's Avatar Bravo

Not reveling anything for the fans
    Last edited by Worm; August 11, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

Looks pretty good, even better probably if you use a sharpen filter to unblur it slightly. Quite often needed when you reduce the size of an image.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

MT: I could write a few unit descriptions, I'll have some time to do a few in the next couple weeks if you like.

I PMed you once some writing samples, but then was swamped before I had a chance to help a couple months ago, if you remember.....
    "We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender."
    - Winston Churchill

PM sent, Fox

I would love to help, but I don't have the time and skill to do so

Bigus_Dickus's Avatar Tiro

Hail RS Team
    I was wonder why didn't you asked Haeressiarch yet? He has finished his work with AEE Team as far as i know. I think he is really good in what he is doing. I would like to help but i am not talented in arts anyway, but i always liked your mod.

don't look at me CLICK MY SIGNATURE TO SEE NEW MOD

kekesvar.bingos's Avatar Miles
    The Only and Ultimate Walachian Kingdoms (err yes, there are more of them...)

If youīre short on betatesters, i would love to humbly offer my help. Iīm playing rome for many yrs now (with other Total War games my favourite). I just would love to help your massively amazing mod a little in this "field" īcause my craftsmenship in 2D art and 3D modelling is not something I would boast with around...

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

We will offer people to beta test if and when we need to.
    They will be contacted by the team so there is no meaning to post aboute it here
    Anyway we are glad for the massiv suport we have gain from all of our fans,
    in spite of not be able to make as good looking units as tone and the rest of the skinning/modeling team or help us on other parts of the development.

The very best, Maxim
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

CarzN's Avatar Foederatus

Hey RS team!

Just wanted to know if you needed a 2d artist still? We're talking about designing the UI and different pictures throughout the game correct? Anyone care to enlighten me about the tasks of a 2d artist?

Glad to help if I can...

PS: I have 3 years of experience using photoshop cs2. PM me for some example work.

"Festina lente" [Make haste slowly.] - Augustus

i did some skinning for a mod of a game called CSS i did weapon skinning and some character skinning here is some of my work it was originally a blue and yellow shield and i made it into a roman shield

Marvises,
    I can't see the image you've posted.

CarzN, see my PM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Marvises,
    I can't see the image you've posted.
    I don't know if it's been updated but it's there for me at work (using firefox).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I can't see it either (using firefox as well.)
    "We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender."
    - Winston Churchill

Worm's Avatar Bravo

I can see it and i am useing firefox.. I'l upload the pic to imageshack:

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

@Marvises - I donīt see any skinning work on your shield - it looks like this shield (copy/paste)

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

hi,..im not sure if my skills are of any use but id love to help you out with 2d art,....heres a couple of pics i photoshopped for fun,..ive posted the original photoshoot pics of the model without the hoplite armour,...i also paint and draw to a very high standard if you need it

shoot

edit of shoot

shoot

edit of shoot

sorry if this takes up too much room,...just delete them

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Wow, nice editing mate
    +Rep
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Nice work. rep.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.