Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Recruitment office

Default Re: Recruitment

Same here, I can't say I'm a photoshop pro, but I have some experience and I'm always learning new things. I could do some graphic work (or at least try) for you guys if you wish. Just tell me what it is and I'll give it a shot

See my PM

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

leif_erikson's Avatar Valhalla awaits thee

Hi guys got tired of waiting for RS 2 so I've decided to get involved if anybody's interested. I'm a media designer mostly web but I have a vast experience with Photoshop and Illustrator, I have some experience now with re-skinning of units, I've changed all (oh well almost) the units in RS 1.5 unfortunately I don't do any 3D as I haven't got the time and tools.

Give me a shout if you're interested if not no sweat I'll still be playing RS 2 sooner or later.

Cheers,
    Leif

PS. Some examples of what I can do, not much but at least I try )

Some shots from my personal version of RS

Last edited by leif_erikson; March 25, 2008 at 09:05 PM.

WE are very Interested!
    Beautiful Shields!
    Tone look at that shield on the frist line top right! Love it!
    for the greeks.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Quote Originally Posted by leif_erikson View Post
    not much but at least I try )
    "Not much", he says.

Awesome work. You're in. Looks like you used some different models from other mods too, so clearly have some knowledge of DMB, etc too.

There's plenty of skinning work...I'm more than happy to make models for others to skin, like I've done with Dr Hobo, so no worries about lack of 3D skills. We're slowly getting towards the end of the need for new models anyway.

See my PM.
    Last edited by tone; March 12, 2008 at 04:43 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Amazing stuff.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

leif_erikson's Avatar Valhalla awaits thee

Thanks guys. Yup due to the lack of 3D I had to use some other stuff and initially I thought that I'll be copying one or two units from EB and RTR to RS in the end I've ended up changing every unit some more than 2-3 times already )) now I'm addicted...

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks guys. Yup due to the lack of 3D I had to use some other stuff and initially I thought that I'll be copying one or two units from EB and RTR to RS in the end I've ended up changing every unit some more than 2-3 times already )) now I'm addicted...
    Ha ha. Good luck m8 and incase the guys havent said it yet wecome aboard the rs train.

Love your work !!
    Start having some thoughts for the faction Perg.
    Tone will explain it if that is the next step!
    Welcome aboard!!

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Still looking for someone to help work on traits/ancillaries.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Nordmann's Avatar Senator

Definitely some fantastic work Leif!

If you guys still need people for the preview posts, I have a lot of time on my hands and would be interested in helping with these.

Regards,

Nordmann

Nordmann,
    Do you have any particular historical knowledge? Can you PM one of us some of your writing?

I'm not sure if you guys need any type of Librarian type work done, but if you do I'd LOVE to help out with this incredible mod!
    There are no pacts between Lions and Men

Thanks Il Duce, what are your main areas of interest?

Greek and Roman history mostly (if that's what you're referring to), but I'm a fan of pretty much all history to be honest.
    There are no pacts between Lions and Men

I'd like to say first I have absolutely no experience with modding. But I would like to help if at all possible. I have some history knowledge (though not as much in the classical period) plenty of books available, and I like to and can write. Besides that, if possible, I'd like to gain some knowledge in the basics of changing game files (I don't know if this includes Java, or if it is just changing files referenced) but that would be a bonus. Any way I could help would be great.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I am ready, willing, and eager to learn any additional skills that would make me more useful. If you give me a job to do I have the determination to carry it through. Thanks!
    Last edited by Fox Sterlingworth; April 01, 2008 at 05:37 PM.
    "We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender."
    - Winston Churchill

Do you have any particular interests history-wise?
    In particular it'd good to find someone with some Germanic expertise
    DVK? Any jobs available?

I am very interested in working with you guys. I've mentioned before I could do some voice work, I'll just need to buy a mic lol. I have a very strong interest in Roman history, though that seems to be covered My favorite part of this game is the traits/ancillaries system, if someone taught me the basics I could definitely see myself playing around with it. I have quite a few ideas as far as the Roman faction goes, not sure if you were gonna work on them anymore. Ideas such as figuring out a way to introduce famous people into the works, of course Julius Caesar would be a big one, also Marc Antony, Augustus Caesar, even Pompeii Magnus, Agrippa, Ledpidus. We could create, somehow, the third triumvirate, the civil wars, but hey im getting way too ahead of myself. Bottom line, even if its grunt work lol I'd like to help.
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

My main areas of knowledge are in the wars of the last few centuries, as to Germans I don't have any particular knowledge in that area. My main interest in the classical period is probably the Celts and/or the Hellenic factions.
    "We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender."
    - Winston Churchill

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by SquidSK View Post
    Anybody interested in doing text editing of in game descriptions for buildings, traits, and ancillaries would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't know anything about skinning and animations, but if you really need someone to write descriptions I'd be honored to help..

I can also beta test if you need it

I know I overdid the userbars..