Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum Recruitment office

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Recruitment

We could really use some help with adding in Tzar's new building cards. If you are interesting and you know how please give me or any other team member a pm
    (preferable me/Tone/Dvk901). Thanks.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

I'm leaving the team due to ridiculously annoyi g RL issues that could take a while to resolve. Any people willing to take over as a beta tester apply now please thank you.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

delete
    O how small a portion of earth will hold us when we are dead, who ambitiously seek after the whole world while we are living.

Roma Surrectum II Beta Tester/Researcher

when do you guys expect this mod be finished and ready to be played by the public?

as soon as we can

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

cant wait for it im excited about the spartans =)

keep up the good work

I can help you with skinning and 2d design. Also I can make little works in 3dsmax

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    We could really use some help with adding in Tzar's new building cards. If you are interesting and you know how please give me or any other team member a pm
    (preferable me/Tone/Dvk901). Thanks.
    You mean coding them in-game ?

Yeah, Tone has actually started doing this himself, but I'm sure that he would welcome some help.
    Son of Legio
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Yeah, Tone has actually started doing this himself, but I'm sure that he would welcome some help.
    I would join , but i'm in the middle of a most boring job for Sparta 3.5 .. You know , coding in armies for all rebel settlements (100+ settlements -_-")

But perhaps afterwards i'd be glad to help out !

Thanks, just send me a pm when you get some free time then.
    Son of Legio

OK, so this is the first time I ever post on this forum. I've been doing modding of nearly every aspect of the game for my own use (3d models in 3ds max, scripting, unit modification, some building modification in 3d map, adding of wonders to settlement plans, unit cards, etc). I am impressed by the high quality of this mod and thought that if you are interested in a little help, I could try to see if I can meet your standards. Attached to this message is a sample of the units designed as my hobby. Some of the models are derived from standard rtw ones with additions for helmets, bells for elephants, etc, others are derived from other mods ( mostly eb ) and modified with new skins and 3d model attachments where required.

I've also made some unit cards for ships based on 3d renders.

I look forward to the release of your mod, keep up the good work!

Tesla's Avatar Senator

looks good

See my PM

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice work, MihaiV
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Is this still open? I'd be interested in helping out with either 2D stuff or, if needed, coding. I've 4 years experience using Java, and I've doodled around enough with Photoshop to know how to use it and whatnot.

Yes it is - in fact MihaiV (above) has just joined the team to work on various things. Could you PM me with some examples of stuff you've done please?

Well, all the coding I do have are all for the company I work for, and it's not like I could submit that as an example. Graphics wise, I really don't have anything on hand, as it's more of a hobby than a career. I could maybe cobble together a UI for, say, the Seluecids or something like that? Give me something to do as an example and I'll do my best to do it.

Well, one area it'd be great to have some help with is the bigger building images for the building descriptions. We've got a whole load of new buildings that represent loads of different trade networks and government systems. At the moment we only have the icons for those and not the bigger pictures for these, that go with the building descriptions.

For example, here are two that I did for the two different levels of wine trade and vineyards:

and in the UI, the first one looks like this:

All I did there was to search Google images for "grapes" or "vineyard" or something, import and crop the image in GIMP and apply an "oilify" filter to make the graphic a bit more compatible with existing images.

Other new "buildings" include -

1) various trade routes:
    Silk
    Tin
    Amber
    Incense

2) Glass manufacturing - various levels

3) Minerals imports - precious metals / weapon metals

4) Other tradeable goods - olive oil, fish, salt

5) Different mining options: sharecrop mining, open pit mines, deep vein mines, hydraulic mining

6) Caravan / travellers waystations

to name just a few of them. Maybe you'd be interested in producing some of these?