Thread: The rise of the hungarian empire

Default The rise of the hungarian empire

King Lazslo the honourable sat on his throne listening intently to the peasant. His long purple tunic running onto the stone floor. the peasant stood up slowly, it was the custom to never make eye contact with the king and always address him on one knee. As the peasant stood up two of the kings guards unsheathed there swords walked towards the peasant and forced him back to the ground.
    "sire i only wish to show the wounds i have recieved at there hand....""SILENCE" bellowed the king standing up from his thrown his firm but gentle shout reverberated around the the pillars of the hall. "i have heard enough the holy roman empire thinks they can force people to do there will a burn whole villages, women and children dead in the streets........this vexes me" the king begins to sit down " i cannot risk open war with the strongest kingdom in europe. No i will send an emmisary and we will settle this with words and not swords" King Lazslo was not a coward but was also not a fool he had thought in many campaigns alongside the Holy Roman Empire and knew there strength. "give the peasant food and provisions" king lazslo stood up and walked out of the hall " convien my military council at once" his advisors folowed behind him.

The council was a group of nobles in the land. war had to be agreed by everyone or nothing happend. In the coucil chambers the fate of whole cities were decided. The king sat quietly as the nobles spoke about what would be best " sending an emmisary could be taken as an act of war my liege" " we need to focus our efforts on the rebels in the area" " My liege your son is Beseiging Isai we need to support him if he calls for it" "sire there forces are weak we can muster double there men and crush them then they will have liten to us". The king lifted his hand to silence the nobles who imediatley sat down " we will send an emmisary someone who has tact i put it to you that we send my daughter Tigor she is both wise and beutiful they will listen to her." the oldest of the nobles stood up " sire permit me speak plainley" the king nodded " we love your daughter she is as you say wise and beutiful but sending her.....such a tender young lady......well... its dangerous" "Im very awre of the risks she would undertake but the holy roman empire are our bretheren they will listen". the noble sat down and thought " if you say it i believe it". the noble banged the oak table hard with his fist as was the custome when a noble reached an agreement. his fist was followed by the rest. " then we are in agreement" the king signaled to one of the servants by the door " prepare her horses".

The rain poured down hard turning the streets of budahpest to mud. nothing was moving up the streets. in the distace thunder could be heard. A rider approached the gates the horses hooves were slapping in the mud. the rider was part of the princesses entorage his fine black steed was caked in mud as was his robes and flapped in the wind behind him as he galloped up the srtreets towards the kings castle. King lazslo was watching out of the window watching the events un fold before him. "My daughter what have i done" he thought to himself. the rider stopped and called up to the king " my lord" his voice was shakey "my lord.... your daughter" the rider fell to his knees " My lord i tried ......i tried" the rider dismounted falling to his knees he began to weep. The king moved away from the window. The nobles had already gathered. "Sire.... what next" said one of the nobles nervousley. The king stedied himself against a pillar the cold stone seemed to burn his hand with tears in his eyes he looked up towrds the roof "why" he whispered softley. "my liege" interupted one of the nobles. "the king stood up straight seeming to grow two foot as he did. " my dear nobles long it has been our custom to sit asside while others war, today marks a change ion our history, and if any of you oppose god help me i will stake you to a tree myself" the king turned to one of his captains " Captain how is my son doing" the captain was taken by suprise " He is fine Sir" " do not tell him of these events saddle my horse and ready our arms we are going to war we march on Vienna tonight." the king pushed through the nobles and left the room leaving them stunned in silence.

Let me know waht you think so far

Default Re: The rise of the hungarian empire

The Battle for Vienna

King Lazslo in full body armour rode hard towards the gates of Vienna "General Leopold" he thundered impationtley "come out from behind your walls you coward face me" King lazslo drew his sword his horse was nervous and reared up. " What do you want foolish king do you want to send me another of your daughters" King lazslo could see the general standing on the walls "go home good king" General leopold had never been one for tact. He also knew the king and was not worried atall about the approaching army almost 1000 strong. " turn around or i will order my archers to use you for target practise. his men began to laugh and shout at the king. King Lazslo was furious grabbing his standered and thrusting it into the ground in front of the gates, then he galloped off towards his army.
    King Lazslo raised himself in his saddle and spoke to his troops " Do you see over there those cowrds behind there wall, they think themselves your better but they are just dust to us and we will wash them off our feet" a large roar came up from the men " They have our flag men i want it back do you?" the men began to pound there sheilds shaking the very ground with the cries. " see those walls men well as the walls of ancient Jericho they shall fall BALLISTAS" 8 ballistas rolled forward. General Leopold watched from the wall "maybe they do want to fight he sniggered" Sir they have ballistas " yelled a soldier a look of terror came across his face "men off the walls NOW" as it was too late, the bolts hit the fall throwing the men and General leopold off the wall to the ground. Genereal Leopold staggered to his knees blood was pouing from a large gash in his head. his archers were still running off the wall when the towers smashed to the floor. " my horse!" he shouted "get me my horse, the gates flew open with large pieces of wooden flying everywhere. severel men were skewed by bolts from the ballistas. General Leopold mounted his horse all around him people were running buildings were on fire " Rally to me he shouted " his men held "sir crossbowmen on the walls" General leopolds men had been surrounded 160 crossbowmen had climbed the walls in the confusion and were staking out men by the dozen. "sir what do we do...."
    King lazslo watching with pleasure as his perfect plan un folded before him. now came the time for his revenge. he kicked his horse into action his trusted bodyguard followed behind him as he charged up th hill he and his men brought there spears to bear,the enemy fled before him King lazslo trampled them underneath his horse and then smashed into general leopolds horsemen. The general was skewed like a pig on a spit and fell to the floor. his men seeing this layed down there weapons the city was taken his daughter avenged, the fate of the empire hanging by a thread. King lazslo would now need to speak to the pope. King lazslo issued his orders " take that rag the call a flag down and put up some proper colours"

this was a quick bit im at work but what does everyone think so far

SO no one thinks anything ?????

MattErickson's Avatar Centenarius

I like it, a bit sloppy on grammar, punctuation and spelling but it's good none the less.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

I thought it was good first time. I never saw any mistakes to busy reading the the good story.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

The Hungarian flag fluttered in the morning wind, a silence had come accross Vienna. The holy roman empire had refused ransom for the severel hundred prisoners, and there were too many to watch.

King Lazslo walked the streets of Vienna in a daze he had not wanted war and he certinaly did not want to have to kill the prisoners, yet something had to be down. The men were uneasy, the dead still lay in the streets the stench was clogging his nostrils. what was his next move?
    A rider galloped through the gates "My leige!" he shouted, he jumped off his horse, "My liege i bring news". King lazslo stood reseloute before the man his back to him. " what is it" growled the king angry at having been interuppted deep in thought. the man attempted to move closer but was quickley stopped by King Lazslos guards. " My liege they are coming" King Lazslo tilted his head slightley towards him "who is coming?" "The Holy roman empire, my liege at least 1000 strong" "who leads them" shouted King Lazslo turning quickley on his heels to face the man "who leads them?" "A captain i do not know his name" King lazslo composed himself "we may have use for our captives after all" he smiled men raise our banners high yesterday we fought for honour today we fight for our lives"
    Last edited by normanknight; July 11, 2007 at 03:24 PM.

Good stuff! Looking forwards to more