Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Default Re: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Lul wut, this mod phailz, double auto error soon as i start a campaign for both versions.

Nvm that was just an outdated link, rofl. Got one that works
    Last edited by Maximus_54; July 15, 2010 at 05:30 PM.

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Florin80: How do I play Platinum with ATW?

Thanks in advance.

when i install this there is no executable, just the data files and such can someone please help me with this, Rome total war has gotten pretty borin

Quote Originally Posted by King of Carthage
    when i install this there is no executable, just the data files and such can someone please help me with this, Rome total war has gotten pretty borin
    you must create an shortcut of RomeTW.exe or RomeTW-BI.exe, depending on which are you using, and add to the end of target line, after the quotations:
    -show_err -nm -mod:RTRPE
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

so if i want to play RTR for Rome Total War, i would first have to download the mod then when thats done i would have to go into properties of the RTR shortcut and put in the target line -show_err -nm -mod:RTRPE

no, the mod will auto create an shortcut.... you had to follow this steps if you dont have an shortcut....

im sorry, but even if i click on "properties" and then "open file location" and there is no executable

so you don't installed your game correctly....

i got a problem... i have steam version i got it working but after like 6 turns or less the game crashed and it says rome total war stopped working hlp pls

Do you have the CTD fix installed?

Ctd? whats that ? sorry im new to RTR and when i started the campaign again it worked ok but still crashes after like 10 turns or so.. i could use some help coz i dont wanna keep re-starting RTR

CTD comes from Crash to Desktop. There`s a Fix available for some problems:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=214832
    It`s supposed to be saved game compatible and if your problem was that covered by the fix you should have been able to continue your campaign instead of restarting.

im still havin this problem gave up for some time but really wanna play, when i install RTR i get data files and desktop icons(which are just serving as icons to no where) and no executable please help. Run on Windows Vista

ty for the help its all fixed nw but 1 question, hw do i uninstall? i got FOE and cant find the uninstall link hlp

Caesar Augustus's Avatar Senator

FOE is also mod-switch, therefore you don't need to uninstall it to play another mod. The two will run side by side perfectly. I think you need to delete map.rwm when playing a new mod though, I can't really remember.

However, if you don't want to play RTR PE anymore then deleting the RTR PE folder inside your RTW folder will uninstall it.
    Please leave your name if you rep. It will be returned

ty

Caesar Augustus's Avatar Senator

No problem good sir!
    Please leave your name if you rep. It will be returned

Carados's Avatar Senator

Pfft

Give up on the old RTRPE and get the newer FOE or ExRM instead

I recently installed RTRPE and I had no problem whatever. So either you're installing it wrong, or you just can't see the .exe (for whatever reason: you need glasses, weird vista nonsense etc ). Granted this was using Windows 7 and not Vista.

For starters, what exactly did you download? Secondly, where exactly did it install?

Make sure that it's installed in the "Rome - Total War" folder. You should know if you've done it right because you'll see a "RTRPE" folder inside. On your desktop there should be two .exe, one is circular with a golden aquila, the other looks like a flag with a golden aquila. These are the .exe you use to play.

If you can't see them, then you copy either your orignal RTW or BI .exe, go into properties, and change the start in from this:

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"

to this

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:RTRPE
    Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Thanks Carados, I did this and have all these things that you listed the RTRPE folder is in the RTW folder, there are two icons on the desktop, The tagert line is the one you suggested, and yet when i click on the icon to start up the game it just shows me a picture of the Aquila of in another window =(, perhaps i should just try another mod like SPQR, or just do the total conversion mod instead of the Mod Switch

Carados's Avatar Senator

And what's wrong with doing this?

-This version use the -mod command line switch, so it does not change any of the original game files, but you must use the RTRPE shortcut installed on your desktop, or add -mod:RTRPE to the target line of the shortcut you usually use.
    It takes about 20 seconds.
    Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.