Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Default Re: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Did you delete the map.rwm files? That might be the reason for the campaign ctd. (Not removing them I meant)

Ok I found those files.. Should i delete all three files? one is 0kb second is 473kb and third is 5.1mb.. so all i need is to delete all 3 files right? Or perhaps just the file located in the RTRPE folder?
    But I doubt that will fix when the screen goes black during loading or?

Edit: I removed all 3 files yet it ctd. Also I tried with just deleting the map.rwm file in the RTRPE folder, but it cdt again. And the loading screen still remains black.
    Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Big_F; March 27, 2008 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mariusklaius View Post
    -solution for missing music-

I googled several posts regarding missing music, after installing modswitch-version on my RTW Gold edition and noticing there was no music. Some people advised to install music mod packages, but I prefer the original RTW-music, so I figured how to get the music working:

1. make a backup copy of a file called "descr_sounds_music.txt" somewhere from location: Rome - Total War\RTRPE\Data

2. replace (overwrite) the above mentioned text file in RTRPE\Data with the corresponding file from Rome - Total War\data

3. play and hum along
    I also tried this and there was no music on the main menu or on any other menu. Any other solution or just to download the music package v6.2?
    Ive downloaded the music package but now hopefully with some help I can listen to it while playing If some1 can help me start the game.
    Last edited by Big_F; March 27, 2008 at 07:23 PM.

Icon1 Re: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Do I have to install the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack for this mod to work?

No, it should work with just RTW v1.5. If you have BI and update it to v1.6 you can also play it via the BI exe(bringing the bi ai which is supposed to be better). But that`s not a condition.

Allright then if I cant get it to work with the platina version then, Ill have to install the golden version..
    Can you tell me if there is big difference in these 2 updates? btw golden 6.0 and the 1.9 pe.

The big difference is that RTR 6 Gold is for RTW v1.2 and not RTW v1.5.

O.o I understand that i musst do a vanilla install, I meant more like are there huge differences in the gameplay?

RTR platinum is playable with ALX.exe ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Yes.

Do you know how to do it ?

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...82&postcount=2
    I know alex doesn`t support certain bi features though(like hoarding). In vanilla rtrpe though, from bi only can_swim was introduced in more recent versions, but I don`t know if it will cause any issues. I`m guessing not.

Thanks for the anwser . I will try it.

The lovely map textures from earlier versions do not show up, just the old vanilla textures. Tried it by ticking the necessary option and leaving it unticked during installation, tried BI and RTW launch shortcuts, no cigar...

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

So just a claen install of Rome total war then and Patch it to 1.3 and 1.5, and then install the mod yes?.

Red9's Avatar Libertus

Hello
    First time I'm posting
    I want to download RTR, but since it's the first mod I'm going to use, I have a few questions (yes, noob questions )

1) With the Mod Switch, will I still be able to play the Vanilla RTW?
    2) Does this mod works with nice graphics in a nVidia FX 5500? (Yes, I need a new VGA )

Thanks for the help!

The mod switch version is made to allow to still play vanilla RTW.
    I think you really need a new VGA. Yours is too old to play at a good quality.

I have installed RTR and everything is fine but when i click on the shortcut it tells me shortcut missing i have V1.5 and RTR platinum v1.9 Mod what am i doing wrong? help please.

i have RTW v1.5 and installed RTR Platinum v1.9 but when i click on the shortcut it tells me shortcut missing what am i doing wrong i follow the instructions can anyone help me?

Can you right click on the "shortcut" and select properties.
    The highlight the "Target" line and copy and paste the result here
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win