Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Default Re: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

To clear some things:
    1. you don`t need both RTRPE v1.8 and RTRPE v1.9
    2. about the path of the install Maced0n can give more info, but I don`t think you should have moved that folder. Can you confirm that you are using the mod switch version of RTRPE v1.9 and not the simple one? The have a different path for their files.
    3. if you do have the mod switch version did you use the desktop shorcut it has created for itself to start the game?

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Activision-Rome - Total War is the default and my vanilla path for v1.9
    and no, not one icon was created after v1.9 installation (but I never chose to place RTW icon on my desktop during vanilla setup - I hope that is not the prob)
    Right now, I am trying as much as I can to get RTR v1.9 or 1.8 to start -- I have backuped my vanilla RTW (with 1.3 and 1.5 instaled) that is working - and I am in copy-paste period when I am trying all options..
    still it is not going well... I have just installed 1.8 on top of my working RTW (patched) and I still get -Please select an item from the list- message when I enter New Game !

thank you anyway ..
    any other suggestion?

Again, if you are trying the mod switch version of RTRPE you have to have a shorcut on your desktop with a certain command on its target. Otherwise it will not load the mod correctly. So, if you don`t have it create a desktop shorcut of the RTW exe where you have installed your game. Then edit its target like so:
    right click the Rome Total War icon on your desktop. Select "Properties". Edit the "Target" of this shortcut to look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -mod:RTRPE
    The important thing is that red part.
    Note: I used the above location as an example. If you have the game installed somewhere else, the target will look a little different. Anyway, just add -mod: at the end of the target.

sorry, I did not saw this answer before I posted my thread and a question again..
    hope you are not upset

Thank you

No, no problem. Have you tried doing that for your shorcut`s target?

well yes, but still, I find only my exe files...
    I realy belive it is the rtw.exe prob, the game starts fine untill main window, I am loosing myself here

And yes. i did mod my target, actualy I copy - pasted "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -mod:RTRPE
    and the result is the same... -Please select an item from the list- is all I get from my New Game, and Custom B and Historic B just throw me out of the game...
    Last edited by maksimus; September 24, 2007 at 10:38 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

New Game wont open Imperial C Menu saying -Please Select An Item from the list- and Custom and Historic B are just pumping me on my desktop.. Catastrophic
    This sounds like incorrect RTW/BI patch.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Yes ! But, the first time i did not installed BI at all, and the game worked just fine (vanilla RTW with 1.3 & 1.5 patches), and when I install RTR v1.9 I get the same result... I will try to edit target this time, but without BI.

pufffffffffffffff.......

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by maksimus View Post
    Yes ! But, the first time i did not installed BI at all, and the game worked just fine (vanilla RTW with 1.3 & 1.5 patches), and when I install RTR v1.9 I get the same result... I will try to edit target this time, but without BI.

pufffffffffffffff.......
    You are not installing a RTRPE modswitch it is 122mb and other version that u have is 222mb ... If you try to install RTRPE modswitch(which is on first post on this threat) i will think that all will work fine for you ,becouse this version will probably find your correct path of RTW installation folder.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by maksimus View Post

pufffffffffffffff.......
    Some uninstalling/reinstalling without totally clearing the RTW folder etc will cause error as there's still probably traces of files which make games/mods unplayable.

Some people are also experiencing problem when installing BI after the installation of the mod, not before.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hello guys, i just have a question, ive installed the RTRPE 1.9 and its really good. But u know i wanna keep my principes, hastati and others, what can i do for that? Is it possible to keep them, and whynot add the legionaries unities after the Marius reform ? what i have to modify in the files? thanks

Make a separate tread for this here and I`ll tell you. It requires a bit of explanations and probably more then one reply.

I have no background music when in the menu and when im playing in the game. Is this fixable?

Quote Originally Posted by texmex7265 View Post
    I have no background music when in the menu and when im playing in the game. Is this fixable?
    Look in ...\RTRPE\preferences\preferences.txt
    do you have values like this

MASTER_VOL:100
    SPEECH_VOL:100
    SFX_VOL:100
    MUSIC_VOL:70
    ENABLE_AUDIO:TRUE
    ENABLE_MUSIC:TRUE
    ENABLE_UNIT_SPEECH:TRUE

MASTER_VOL:100
    SPEECH_VOL:100
    SFX_VOL:100
    MUSIC_VOL:70
    CAMERA_ROTATE:50
    CAMERA_MOVE:50
    CAMERA_FOV:75.000000
    ENABLE_AUDIO:TRUE
    ENABLE_MUSIC:TRUE
    ENABLE_UNIT_SPEECH:TRUE
    This is some of my prefences.txt Yes i do.

I just installed RTRPE. After that i tried to install switch version. Unfortunately i received an error something called NSIS Error. It says:

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch"

So what now? Download again?

Quote Originally Posted by miggo View Post
    I just installed RTRPE. After that i tried to install switch version. Unfortunately i received an error something called NSIS Error. It says:

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch"

So what now? Download again?
    Download again ,but this time do not install RTRPE- regular version , just install RTW and/or BI and after that RTRPE mod switch.

OK the switch version works now. My first problem is that there is no music at all. Do you have Any solutions? My second problem is that there isn't victory conditions in campaing map.

Then I have some questions. Why there is 2 Roman factions? Does the second one link to Rome civil war?
    I remember there was somekind of grass -mode which changed the grass in RTRPE. Where can i download this?
    And how can I change the victory conditions, so macedonians don't have to crush bactrians anymore?

Sorry my english isn't good.
    Last edited by miggo; January 13, 2008 at 06:53 AM.

-solution for missing music-

I googled several posts regarding missing music, after installing modswitch-version on my RTW Gold edition and noticing there was no music. Some people advised to install music mod packages, but I prefer the original RTW-music, so I figured how to get the music working:

1. make a backup copy of a file called "descr_sounds_music.txt" somewhere from location: Rome - Total War\RTRPE\Data

2. replace (overwrite) the above mentioned text file in RTRPE\Data with the corresponding file from Rome - Total War\data

3. play and hum along
    Last edited by mariusklaius; January 13, 2008 at 07:49 AM.

Tiro
    Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (CCAA)

I've made a download of the RTR 6.2 Music-Addon, 'cause I really liked it in the full Version of RTR V.1.7!

1 Can anybody tell me if this Music-Addon works with that ModSwitch-Version of RTR V1.9?
    2 In which folder should I install it?
    3 Will it overwrite the Battle-Music (I think it's the only Music in the ModSwitch-Version)