Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

Default Re: RTR Platinum v1.9 mod switch version

i think i may have found the problem but encountered another one. Windows 7 wont let me edit any data files even if i click off the "read only" box. so maybe RTR wont work because of windows 7?

works fine for me...

after doing all the things to edit game file it says acess denied so if i cant change simple things like the preferences how could i mod the game, if anybody knows a way to fix it so i can edit please let me know

Caesar Augustus's Avatar Senator

You need to run Notepad (or whatever you're using for text editing) in administrator mode to be able to save any of your changes on Windows 7 because it likes to keep Program Files locked down. Also, try turning UAC off. Personally though, I never had any issues installing and playing ExRM on my Windows 7 laptop.
    Please leave your name if you rep. It will be returned

debux's Avatar Senator

Never tried that, but when I tried modding bot number on BF2 I had to copy the AIDefault.ai file to somewhere (except Program Files), edit it there, and then move it back and overwrite to where it should go. I still have a copy of that file in my docs

Yeah that's the more long winded way of doing it Though I guess it's good practice to keep a clean version of that file in your docs anyway in case you bugger something up

debux's Avatar Senator

Actually it's the modded version I keep thanks goodness I haven't been stupid enough to mess it up (yet!)

Thank goodness I'm no modder
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Ahhh, I've screwed over many an install by buggering up my modfolder files. Still, live and learn eh?

debux's Avatar Senator

Hopefully yes... I'll never forget the progress of over 10 mods I lost by installing Darth Mod... and then making a similar mistake with a clean install (wrong installation target).

Can't teach an old dog new tricks
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Having been playing Rome TW, BI & TR for longer than I care to remember, I have recently installed it again on a new machine - everything works fine - Hoorah! However, [isn't there always a 'however'] I installed the RTRPE mod switch version with all the options selected [below]:

-RTW-BI Unified Skeleton
    -No Landblocks
    -No Torches for night battles
    -Cognomen mod
    -Sinuhet's AI battle formations
    -Preferences (Do not show banners, Green arrows off, no fatigue)
    -Becksim's Gladius Loading bar
    -RTR ground types
    -No landbridges

I have a number of campaign saves from previous installs with different options [eg. 'landblocks' in place and 'landbridges' active etc.] -how can I deactivate, and activate again, any of the above options?

I am not a modder or programmer, please be gentle with me.

Thanks in advance...

greetings to all here.me long time rtw player (still got the original 3 cd version!) wanting to put an all singing all dancing mod on the vanilla game.now have a pc that runs everything at a million miles an hour so i medically need a super duper rome mod.as a new chap is this here the one to go for?im sure this has been asked a thousand times and i have searched all the threads and such but they have left me a tad confused as to what to go for to provide the biggest all encompasing rtw/bi mod with no bikini clad wardog riding fantasy units.sorry to clutter up the forum with old questions but if someone could kindly point me in the right direction,you'll be helping an old luddite out! thanks in advance.

RTR Plat is a Grand campaign. VII TIC & FOE are smaller area BUT much more in depth. I would wait a couple of days though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshroud View Post
    RTR Plat is a Grand campaign. VII TIC & FOE are smaller area BUT much more in depth. I would wait a couple of days though.
    many thanks for your reply good sir.i should wait? pray tell me for why?

If I told you that Id have to killl You!

ah! one of them 'need to know' fellas eh wot? could you perhaps hint at how long exactly? i have a deep need to bring a previously peacefull barbarian utopia under my benificant iron roman heel.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

1 week at the absolute latest mate

many thanks my dear fellow.standing by to pacefy all ignorant barbarians! (its for their own good you know).

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

No Problem mate I think your going to love it

right, young sir! a week has passed by my calculation,so where then is this thing which im going to love??

Quote Originally Posted by Remlap View Post
    1 week at the absolute latest mate
    thats what you said,so you did! i am poised,sir!