5 45.45%
  • Good but not as good as number one

2 18.18%
  • Great the same as number one

4 36.36%

Thread: A Generals Diary II-Imperial Expanison

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Default A Generals Diary II-Imperial Expanison

Its here Folks my HRE version of A Generals Diary.

The year of the Almighty 1080
    I Kaiser Maxillian of The Holy Roman Empire has been chosen by the counsil to lead our Empire back into the light already the domestic concerns are finished. Our force near Hamburg has layed seige to the Castle.

The year of the Almighty 1084
    The Empire is growing Hamburg is taken,Prague and Magdeburg are next aswell as Stettin, Breslau and Bern. The tresurery is higher than it was before and we are the biggest, most stongest and most advanced nation in the whole of the Known world let everybody know that we are not dead yet.

The year of the Almighty 1088
    Prague and Magdeburg are now ours. A small rebellion has been quelled how could the swines do such a thing in our finest hour, still the we have a good relation ship with the Pope and are close to negotiaion with England. Our forces are moving towards the targets I myself will lead a host to Florence to take it in the name of the Empire.
    Last edited by bomberboy; June 18, 2007 at 10:07 AM.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Default Re: A Generals Diary II-Imperial Expanison

The year of the Almighty 1094
    The Castle of Stettin has fallen the might of our empire taken by storm within a week. A rebellion has sprung up again such fools rising up to their Emperor in the greatest age since Charlamane. Already fell to us but is a simple village no more it has become a glorious castle like other ones standing tall and strong our Eastern enemies will have to think twice about messing with us.

The year of the Almighty 1096
    The task force sent against Bern have reported that more reinforcements are needed against the Rebels for the initial assault on the castle. The army sent against the rebels will arrive at their destination in a few months. I have also led an army against Florence we took it one year ago and it's inhabitants are now my serfs to command at will. How ever the Venicans have sent a spy in Vienna but he was caught and killed. They are lucky that we have not attacked but we soon will.

The year of the Almighty 1098
    The war council ordered an army to take Metz it is an easy target and will be useful in future wars against the French. We have finally had contact with England and agreed to having trade rights with them. The reinforcements have nearly filled up the requirements for the besieging force stationed there attack is certain. Our plans to reunite the Empire are expected to end in a few years hopfully we shall be successfull. The rebellion was crushed today my young grandson won it what an amazing commander he is.

The year of the Almighty 1100
    The attack on bern was a success already loyal citizens line the streets for the victory parade and two days of celebrations are being held there. The assault force that attacked Metz also took the castle this year what an age of victories like this. We are now sending forces against Antwerp another rebel city wich used to belong to us. The Empire again is suffering an other rebellion why can't these rebellious bastards learn to be loyal.
    Last edited by bomberboy; June 23, 2007 at 08:59 AM.
    Bomberboy's reviews

I have not read your previous AAR, so I did not vote, but I need to offer some advice.

Writing is of course the main bit of AARs and such, but screenshots are what gets me interested. Of course not everyone does, but a few screenies will improve this.

Aside from that, I am liking this. Nice work
    Roma Surrectum - Beta Tester and Artist Co-Ordinator
    Under the Patronage of happyho

Thanks for the tips Spartan_Shame but sorry for no screenshots I might consider it.
    Bomberboy's reviews

This chapter will include screenies (if they don't work i'll take them of or start again.)

The year of the Almighty 1112
    The Empire has absorbed Friedland into its lands and they are my serfs and peasants to command.
    The war with Venice is now in its opening stages I have laid siege to Venice and await any relief army. I will attack shortly and if successfull will conquer their entire lands if I have to. The construction of watch towers on the eastern and western frontiers have helped us a lot and can see armies and where they move.
    Last edited by bomberboy; June 19, 2007 at 04:22 PM.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Why did you make a new one the other one was great, but this one is good too.

(continued)
    The year of the Almighty 1112
    The Venicians have lost their precious city Venice. Now they have a Doge who should have attacked when he had the chance. The forces in the north have joined together to form an army strong enough to defeat the Rebels.

The year of the Almighty 1116
    The Pope has called an end to the fighting for a period of eight days. I need to be his good graces for a while. lucklily he's my ally so my war will be alot more easier then would have been. Our ally Spain is now beginining the next stage of our alliance. Our relations with them are good and is rising.
    I all so got a letter from the pope concerning the war:

Dear Emperor Heinric
    The current situation with Venice, and the capture of their home town, has made me want to stop the bloodshed for eight days. You knoe the commandment 'thou shalt not kill' should be obeyed try and reach an agreement before the war becomes to harsh and so bloody that there would be hardly any young boys and men left in both nations to live their lives.
    so I am begging you to stop now and perhaps peace can be acheived.
    Yours Sincerly
    Pope Gregory
    That was the message.

The year of the Almighty 1120
    The Milanese have signed an alliance with us this will do well untill some future Emperors will conqueor them once and for all. We have also adapted a new weapon the crossbow. We have used them as mercinaries but they weren't Imperial soldiers. Already four days have passed lets hope the week goes faster.
    Bomberboy's reviews

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

A good read once again Bomberboy

Keep it up!

Thank you Cra_z_guy for your comments. If you need any ideas just ask.
    Bomberboy's reviews

This one has a diary extract of the standard bearer the rest the Emperor.
    The year of the Almighty 1128
    I am the standard bearer of the Kaiser Harold Von Kreiger. The siege of Zagreb was a bloody battle. The Balkan and Slavic mercinaries charged the enemy taking hurrendous casualties. In the end we were victorious but at a cost. The doge was slain at the very hands of the Emperor himself. The son was captured but he was executed after an unsuccessful ransom bid. I swear I saw a tear in the Kaisers eye.

The year of the Almighty 1132
    I am assembling an army' so large and powerful that the Venitians, will be thrown out of the Balkans so fast they won't know what hit them. The Milanese took one of our assets last year I thought that we had trade rights with them but we struck back and the Milanese lost their merchant. Anyway I'm not a merchant I'm a Kaiser and a general. They then attacked us but our navy destroyed their entire fleet. They are true heros. So much for the Milanese navy suposedly they were powerful. We also fought back an invasion force the leader of the attack on the Milanese has been knighted. I believe his name was Siegfried Salier.
    Last edited by bomberboy; June 23, 2007 at 08:56 AM.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Hi everyone so who likes the AAR so far. or.
    My 100th post last yepee
    Bomberboy's reviews

The year of the Almighty 1140
    Disaster has struck England has declared war on us this is an insult I thaought we were on good terms with each other. The Pope is still trying to stop the bloodshed between us and the Venitians. After the final week we will expell them from the continent. The Polish have also declared war on us we will show them that messing with us means death. The Spanish are at war with the French for unkown reasons.

The year of the Almighty 1142
    The Polish fleet has been routed and have retreated in response to the blockade of Hamburg we have blockaded Thorn wich is claimed by us. Millions of Imperial citizens live there we will save them from tyranny. The English have been beaten back but we will be waiting for them. Siegfried has been sent to invade Milan and he awaits one of their armys march past him and ambush them. My son Henry has invaded Poland he says he will defeat these scum with his Imperial army he is becoming like me.

The year of the Almighty 1142 winter
    The Spanish have declared war on England in support of us they are good allies to be trusted. The Milanese have been defeated by Siegfried taking them completely by surprise and now he is besieging Milan. These excommunicated people have been taught only a fraction of the lesson. Our southern force lay's siege to Genoa a Milanese port city Maximilion Mandorf has arrived and with a force of hired blades besieges it. The second army attacked and took the city killing the Doge.

The year of the Almighty 1144
    The Imperial forces besieging Dijon have taken it with the of an Imperial general. The Milanese have also lost there home city Milan they have been driven of the continent but Milanese forces are still at large, but it is a time of celebration for the Empire. The Polish have been excommunicated and the huge invasion force has defeated the Poles and now make their way to Thorn.
    Bomberboy's reviews

The year of the Almighty 1154
    The English have lost Bruges and now are open to further attack, while a rebellion has been quelled near Antwerp. There have been hardly ever been any in Germany and Italy. The Polish are going to be Invaded and when they are their king's head will chopped off his head so fast he won't know what hit him. The Sicillians have been sending spies into Bologna but they never come out.

The year of the Almighty 1160
    Poland is Invaded and their armies have been thrown back and their capital has been left lightly defended and is already under siege by Leopold. The ultimatum for the crusade against the heathens in Antioch has expired we could not join because of the wars we are fighting.

The year of the Almighty 1166
    Poland has lost Thorn and Krakov and now we are continuing our push into their last remaining lands. The French have declared war on us but with a large army ready to crush the pathetic little force of cavalry at the walls victory is immenent lets hope they learn their lessom about being arrogant.

The year of the Almighty 1170
    The war with France is over along with the wars with Milan and England. We have also have a new member of the family who came here by chance a Byzantine princess was about to bribe Herrman but declared she would rather stay with him rather then her crumbling Empire. So he is still with us guarding the border along with his new wife. Clever woman.

The year of the Almighty 1174
    The Polish are now my vassal they had enough and decided on a ceasefire at first but we persaded them that becoming a vassal state was the only way for long lasting peace between our two nations. The invasion of the Milanese Island of Cosica is being staged it will take two years but by then they will be absorbed into the Empire.

The year of the Almighty 1180
    Milans last settlement has fallen to our troops the remander of the Milanese army have become rebels we will hunt them down and take them out for the glory of the Empire.
    Bomberboy's reviews

The year of the Almighty 1184
    The Sicillians and the Moors declared war on us a couple of years ago. Now my father is dead he had less enemies than I have. I have instructed an armr under Johanneus to ivade Denmark he took the entire country unpposed and is now currently going to attack Sweden an other Danish land but their army there is weak and cut off from their most able warriors down south in North Africa and The Holylands.

The Year of the Almighty 1186
    Siegfreid successfully defended Corsica from the Moors and Sicillians. He was lucky because the Moors and Sicillians aren't in an alliance. Tutonic Knights have two chapter houses in the Empire perhaps more they are more than happy to kill murdrous barbarians such as the Danes or French who are our enemies again. Poland was also finally annexed and conquored. They broke off being a vassal and attacked one of the Imperial Forts in the area but were easilly defeated. The Moorish Fleet containing reinforcements were sent to a watery grave by the Medeterainian Fleet.

The year of the Almighty 1188
    The Sicillians attempted to attack again but were driven back by Siegfried againthe Sicillian king is weak he can't even lead a force to victory. The English attacked again but their navy blockading the port of Hamburg was driven back by the finest fleet in the Empire the Baltic Fleet. The Danes lost an entire army Johanneus had killed and captured the entire army but the Danish foolishly refused to pay the ransom bill such is the fate of those who oppose us.
    Bomberboy's reviews

This an announcemant I'am starting a new campaign as the Polish.
    But don't worry I saved the HRE campaign so I can load it anytime I want.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Subzeroplainzero's Avatar Civis

I enjoyed this from beginning to end. Normally I'd moan that there arn't any screenshots but it's well written so it doesn't really need any.
    Mummy I love you

Thanks subzeroplainzero good to have a good comment.
    Bomberboy's reviews

IT'S BACK!!!!
    The year of the Almighty 1200
    The Danes after ten years bloodshed have been conquored and Jerusalum has been taken by German crusaders led by the now Ruprecht the Crusader.
    The Empire is safe and the world now trembles with fear as the words Holy Roman Empire is called. We came back through harsh times fighting the Rebels to the Danes. The surviving Danish soldiers are still being flushed out.
    Our next target is the East. It is said to house the most terrifying animals and most ruthless heathens that no one except the crusaders dare to defy it's dangers. Yet it is also a place of beauty and mystery. Home to the last great wonders of the world The Pyramids at Giza.
    Bomberboy's reviews