Thread: 77bc:How does the recruitement of units work?

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Default 77bc:How does the recruitement of units work?

I've download the mods it's looking pretty awesome but I would like to have a kind of stategy guide particulary on how the recruitment work(Am I supposed to be able to recruit a full legion in single settelment?? How do I do it??) So is there a link to some kind of guide on this forums?? Can some of you can give me some tips on how to get started?? How recruitment work, etc

Thanks

Default Re: 77bc:How does the recruitement of units work?

Here is how Roman recruitment works:

- Before the game reforms (i.e. before you get a message telling you that "The Res Publica expands") you can only recruit legions in Italy. There are two ways of recruitment:
    * Single cohorts (i.e. one unit each turn): the usual RTW recruitment system.
    * A whole legion: you must recruit the "Cohors Praetoria" (general) unit . In the next turn you will get your legion, a general and the cost of the legion will be deduced from your Treasury. The population of the settlement where the legion has been recruited will also be reduced.

- After the "Res Publica expands" event, you will have the possibility to recruit single cohorts outside Italy. For instance, in all Cisalpine Gaul and in some settlements that historically were granted Roman citizenship.

In order for the "Res Publica expands" event to take place, you must build an Ïmperial Palace in a settlement in Italy other than Rome.

If you need more details, just let me know. And thanks for trying our mod.

thanks for the quick awnser!!! That's pretty much awnser my questions about recruitement but I still use a tip sor two to get started. Is there any guide avalaible??

Also when I load a battle I got those errors message: data/../RTRPE/Models_engine/heavy_onageer_torches.cas and
    data/../RTRPE/Models_engine/torch4.cas

can you help me out??

There is a patch for this issue:

Second fix (patch 1.2.) for the mod_switch version

Date: 29/03/07

Install instructions: decompress the rar file and drop the data folder inside your 77bc folder, some of the existing files will be replaced and new ones will be added.

download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/23407492/data.rar.html

download link: http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=U9FL3KGN

thanks!! But Is there any guide avalaible??

I am afraid not. I made a spreadsheet with AOR recruitment some time ago but it is not up to date and I am really busy giving the final touch to 77 BC 2 and its spin-off campaign. Perhaps when I finish these two mods I will find some time to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    I am afraid not. I made a spreadsheet with AOR recruitment some time ago but it is not up to date and I am really busy giving the final touch to 77 BC 2 and its spin-off campaign. Perhaps when I finish these two mods I will find some time to do it...
    Thanks I'll wait till version 2 then!!!