Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Rio's IBFD Install instructions:Loading:CTD battles:Bugs

Default Re: Rio's IBFD Install instructions:Loading:CTD battles:Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    thanks

Copy these files from your mod before downloading and copying these files over your existing files.

CA Model strat
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZPTFJN2C

CA Veg
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=95UU9ILS

Click on the rio folder and drop it over your rtw folder wher your rio folder is located copying over existing files
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 11, 2009 at 10:22 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

thanks
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Hi Rio.

I run into a pretty pervasive issue.

a) The triumph ancillaries still do not work.

b) The bigger issue:
    I'm in Spain, fighting the visigoths. There is this one unit that whenever destroyed, bribed or joined with another army causes a CTD.

Here is the pic of the unit. As you can see, the unit has no correct sprite, just a faction standard.

When you right click on it, this is what appears.

Turns out the units are heartgenoats..are the visigoth even supposed to have them?

As soon as I destroy them, whether in auto-resolve or manually, the game crashes.

When I assasinate the captain and then click on the unit, the game crashes. The problem has become pervasive as the AI wants to merge the unit with another one.

Is there any solution for this?

Kind regards,
    Jurang

Quote Originally Posted by Jurang View Post
    Hi Rio.

I run into a pretty pervasive issue.

a) The triumph ancillaries still do not work.

b) The bigger issue:
    I'm in Spain, fighting the visigoths. There is this one unit that whenever destroyed, bribed or joined with another army causes a CTD.

The triumph ancillaries aren't working... I ran the Ancillaries/Triggers Valadator to help me work on this and the ancillaries can be a bit trigger if not correctly worded

Here is the pic of the unit. As you can see, the unit has no correct sprite, just a faction standard.

When you right click on it, this is what appears.

Turns out the units are heartgenoats..are the visigoth even supposed to have them?

As soon as I destroy them, whether in auto-resolve or manually, the game crashes.

When I assasinate the captain and then click on the unit, the game crashes. The problem has become pervasive as the AI wants to merge the unit with another one.

Is there any solution for this?

Kind regards,
    Jurang
    Hi Jurang

-The Heortgeneats are only available to the Saxons. I'm not sure how this could have happened..this shouldn't happened but strangely it obviously did.. Seems like an in game mutation similar to the double portrait general. I dont think there is a solution to this one

The triumph ancillaries aren't working... I ran the Ancillaries/Triggers Validator to help me work on this and the ancillaries can be a bit tricky if not correctly worded.
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 17, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Hi rio...ran into some fatal problems after installing your fixes for vegatation and strat map bugs, as in it broke my installation.

When I attempted to open my Visigothic campaign, it went to the loading screen, but crashed right away. After re-loading the game, I tried starting a fresh campaign as a test to see if my saves needed to be replaced, but bounced back to the campaign select screen

what happened?

Hi rio...ran into some fatal problems after installing your fixes for vegatation and strat map bugs, as in it broke my installation.

When I attempted to open my Visigothic campaign, it went to the loading screen, but crashed right away. After re-loading the game, I tried starting a fresh campaign as a test to see if my saves needed to be replaced, but bounced back to the campaign select screen

what happened?
    First of all I hope you saved your files as I asked you to.
    Are you playing the mod switcher or the RaR version?
    I set up the files for the Mod Switcher version.
    I'll look em over to see if I erred on the file.

mod switcher

mod switcher
    I'll try and test this out tomorow with the proper files

thanks

Another problem:

The Roman Britones (the white faction) cannot built the via consularis, despite it showing up in the building browser, as they cannot built the ludus magna. This is a bit of a problem as they need that building to built the Triumph Building at Caer Guricon (I probably spelt that one wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurang View Post
    Another problem:

The Roman Britones (the white faction) cannot built the via consularis, despite it showing up in the building browser, as they cannot built the ludus magna. This is a bit of a problem as they need that building to built the Triumph Building at Caer Guricon (I probably spelt that one wrong).

Yes, thanks Jurang. It was brought to my attention earlier...corrected for the BRG III

Couple of bug questions, tho I do not know if you corrected them in the newest update. Since I am not sure if i want to start over all my campaigns again. Ok, when I play the Huns, starting in 527, after a turn or few, it says the year is in the 460s. I think i have seen this with a few factions from various years, mostly 527.

Also, who do the Berber Axemen carry curved swords rather than axes??

I started the Justinian campaign as the roman britons, in 527 ad, after a turn or two, it says 463 ad. In my third battle, i defeated an invading army of Gaelics upon Isca in Dumonia, then the game crashed before returning to the main map screen.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; October 16, 2009 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    Couple of bug questions, tho I do not know if you corrected them in the newest update. Since I am not sure if i want to start over all my campaigns again. Ok, when I play the Huns, starting in 527, after a turn or few, it says the year is in the 460s. I think i have seen this with a few factions from various years, mostly 527.

Also, who do the Berber Axemen carry curved swords rather than axes??

I started the Justinian campaign as the roman britons, in 527 ad, after a turn or two, it says 463 ad. In my third battle, i defeated an invading army of Gaelics upon Isca in Dumonia, then the game crashed before returning to the main map screen.
    Hi Cincinatus
    The Justinian campaign is still under work and isn't ready yet for play. I need to sit down soon and work on it to iron it out and make it playable(compatible to the provincial and main campaign additions) and more historically correct.

How is the other campaign going?

i have 26 territories including all of the FORMER vandal lands (whom i have eliminated by taking zama and caralis), Iopodum, and all of italy's starting holdings, and all of sicily. I beat a invading army of visigoths trying to invade switzerland, then a turn later ere allied to me and visigoths were at peace with me because they are allied to ere, but...

I had installed the newest update, and now it has all the cost and troop stats of the new update, PLUS, visigoths attacked medialonium (or however it is spelled) and ere ended alliance, and in the same turned, declared allies with me again without using a diplomat too, and visigoths once again became peaceful). Thus I think the new update may have a bug associated with a successful WRE, and constantly declaring allies by ERE to WRE.

i have 26 territories including all of the FORMER vandal lands (whom i have eliminated by taking zama and caralis), Iopodum, and all of italy's starting holdings, and all of sicily. I beat a invading army of visigoths trying to invade switzerland, then a turn later ere allied to me and visigoths were at peace with me because they are allied to ere, but...

I had installed the newest update, and now it has all the cost and troop stats of the new update, PLUS, visigoths attacked medialonium (or however it is spelled) and ere ended alliance, and in the same turned, declared allies with me again without using a diplomat too, and visigoths once again became peaceful). Thus I think the new update may have a bug associated with a successful WRE, and constantly declaring allies by ERE to WRE.
    Cincinatus,
    That is from the forced diplomacy script. If you dont want that to happen you need to use the: 4 turn per yearscripts no set alliances with wre ere..what year are you at now and diff levels?

oh ok, I thought it was a bug, well I did use the alliance set script , I figured it was more historically accurate. BTW, is the SAIO infantry bonus unit available only in RAVENNA with the top level palace build, going to remain out of WRE's recruitable units? The Saio calvary I still see there, but I liked the infantry, of course now that depends on the stats, cost, and upkeep.

oh ok, I thought it was a bug, well I did use the alliance set script , I figured it was more historically accurate. BTW, is the SAIO infantry bonus unit available only in RAVENNA with the top level palace build, going to remain out of WRE's recruitable units? The Saio calvary I still see there, but I liked the infantry, of course now that depends on the stats, cost, and upkeep.
    The set diplomacy unfortunately doesn't prevent an attack it just ends the attack after one turn which can become annoying. I'm looking around to see if anyone has a better script for that. Yes the Saio swordsmen come from the completion of the final palace in the cities Ravanna or Constantinople.