Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rio's IBFD Install instructions:Loading:CTD battles:Bugs

Default Rio's IBFD Install instructions:Loading:CTD battles:Bugs

RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION Mod Switcher:
    INSTALLER
    RIOS_IBFD_BRG_II_EXPANSION.exe (File Front)

RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION Mod Switcher:
    Non Installer
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MQ5F3JQ

1- clean 1.6 bi. installation
    2- Within the rtw folder copy the bi and change the copied bi folder to rio
    3- installer- Install RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION
    3- Win RaR-Open the IBFD BRG II EXPANSION folder and click on the Rio folder and copy and paste or it over your Rtw folder where your game is copying over all files.

-RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION game can be a stand alone or can also downloaded over the Flagellum DeI, BRG I or II and all other patches after that.

-Short cut launcher icon is set up:
    Target: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

- Any change to the installation patch will require the same installation patch change to the short cut launcher icon

Mod Switcher Options folder Download
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MR5JY88N
    RIOS_IBFD_BRG_II_Options_on.7z

Mod Switcher IHatemondays SoundMod:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PIXOBY9J

RAR VERSION
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ONLY IF MOD SWITCHER CAN'T BE PLAYED

RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION RaR VERSION DL
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A4092H34

1- clean 1.6 bi. installation
    2- -Open the RIO'S IBFD BRG II EXPANSION RaR VERSION folder and copy and past the bi folder over your rtw folder copying over all files.

-The IBFD BRG II RaR VERSION game can downloaded over RaR versions: the Flagellum DeI, BRG and all other patches after that.

RaR Options folder Download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FTQ203WD

RaR IHatemondays SoundMod:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSKXXUQO

The Rio'S IBFD BRG II is based on the desperate situation the Roman Empire had to face from the barbarian invasions and their newly established kingdoms during the fifth century.

It contains two campaigns, a 434AD provincial campaign and the 463AD main campaign. The provincial campaign in 434AD depicts the Western Roman Empire as on the verge of collapse. A huge and mighty Hun Empire has threatened to engulf anything in their way thus creating a wave of desperate fleeing Germanic hordes into Roman lands, thus severely crippling the Western Empire. In the 463AD campaign the Western Roman Empire is depicted on its final leg. Much of its vast European boundaries have now dissipated to the Italian peninsula itself. Many of the invading Barbarians had by this time rooted themselves into established kingdoms within the Roman Empire. The Empire in the east is now the new Roma and the Empires base of strength but even they are faced with an equal in the east, the Sassanids.

Also there are 4 Alternative Factions now for the 463AD campaign only
    -Thuringia
    -Original
    -Gepidae
    -Alemanni

Thuringian Warlords and Heavy Cavalry.
    Gepids Warlords and Heavy Swords...
    Fighting Bulgar Bolyar Horse Archers, Bulgar Chigots
    (swordsmen) and Bagatur Warlords

Game is set up with the original Suebi 463AD or 434AD Provincial Campaign.

To Play 463AD Alternate Faction Campaigns

-Install the Alternate Faction Desired.
    -To play original campaign or to play the 434AD Campaign : from the Alternative Factions folder install the original Seubi campaign.

If you play the 463AD Alemanni, Gepidae, or the Thuringian campaigns its highly recommended to play the alternate campaign itself and not the Roman WRE or the ERE for the Romans are set up to be much stronger than in comparison to the original campaign.

The Rio mod campaigns requires the player to rebuild its empire and to once again regain the lands it has lost to the expanding barbarian hordes and from the mighty Huns. Bringing back this imperial glory is worthy of only a true Roman emperor for only through his greatness this can be done. But once accomplished can the other worlds that were never fully Romanized such as Northern Britannia and Hibernia, Germanica, the Asian steppes, and the Sassanian Empire become its newest conquests?
    Restoration of the old Empire:-Semi Romanized lands: high -happiness and law penalties. Penalties are not as high as the Non Romanized lands for these lands have been settled by the migrating barbarians for at least several generations.
    To Conquer beyond Any Roman lands:-Non Romanized lands very high -happiness and law penalties. Lands never conquered or held onto for a short period of time.

As the author of the mods it has been put together to my own philosophy and vision but I have had some very creative ideas from members who have played this mod. Posted here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64371

margio is now an official Rio's IBFD member.

The game is set up to play out in a historical fashion. There are what I call general "truths" that this author has allowed for game play and historical imagination. As a player you have the ability to change history. Nothing is etched in stone. Factions that do not have more than a few provinces will be at a disadvantage. and therefore they will be a challenge to play. Win conditions are set lower for a historical less powerful faction.

IBFD BRG II Newest Additions:
    Jingle Bombs illustrated Rio Splash Screen

463AD Campaign:
    Alemanni: will be an alternative faction
    Thuringia: will be an alternative faction
    Gepidae: will be an alternative faction
    a. new units added from existing models and texts
    1. thurungian warlord, Forest Raiders, heavy cavalry, freeman: combination of Germanic Alemanni units
    2. Gepidae: Gepidae Warlord: horse archer, Forest Raiders, heavy sword infantry: combination of steppe , Germanic units
    3. Alemanni: Forest Raiders, use existing Alemanni units

434 and 463 and Campaign:
    Map and Gameplay editing:
    added an alemanni province.
    Extended the Frisian territories along the coast for both 463 and 434 campaigns
    -rebel starting positions corrected
    -Lombardi starting location corrected
    -Lombardi and Ostrogoth's are not playable in the 434AD Campaign.
    -Huns are stronger but sever penalties for occupying Roma lands.
    -Dalmatia coast widened in 463AD Campaign
    -Rebel Genera Marcellinus will occupy Solana with a powerful Rebel army and navy
    -Beyond Roman Glory newest Triumph for the Capturing The Gepidae Capital and Romanizing it through the Roman economy
    -increased econ slightly
    -made smaller factions more playable
    -Suebi playable
    -Domain of Soissons: Western Roman Rebels ideas from: seriousbusiness
    -Roman general unit up-keep increased

More foederati units : numbers in the units will be higher
    a.Hun foederati
    tweaked Roman heavy infantry units stats..slightly higher
    raised slightly certain warlord stats and costs
    Senior Palatinii Separated from reg Palatinii
    Redresses texture for WRE WRR Foederati Infantry
    Bulgar cav using avar archer: lance and bow redressed slightly

Added from 7.3
    vexilla: IBRR
    Roman standard IBRR
    Roman general IBRR
    dmbfiles updated.
    unit card and buildings edited for newest units and buildings

Banners and symbols:
    Thuringian Banners and symbols
    Gepidae In game banners and symbols
    Gael symbols and banners(Arthurian Total War)
    Adjusted captain banners
    Historical battles made playable in orig. mod campaigns

In debt to these Fantastic mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ghlight=warmap.
    The Momma
    INVASIO BARBARORVM : RUINA ROMAE
    See Arthurian Total War
    Arthurian: Total War (BI)
    See Bulgaria Total War
    Bulgaria: Total War (BGTW)

Special thanks to margio's consistent contributions to the Rio IBFD Mod over the last 2 years.

Over Time those who have added at one time or another their ideas with the progression of this mod...My Thanks
    philip w ideas: game testing
    Hound of Ulster: unit testing
    Marku: ideas: game testing
    Scolot: game ideas... Slav and Asian region corrections
    Magio: game play tester... game ideas
    Hohenlohe: game ideas
    davidharvey1: game ideas
    rasputin753: game play tester... game ideas... City fixes
    Duke of Serbia: Slav historical corrections
    Legion Augusta III: game play tester... game ideas(economic)... smith alteration ideas
    cherryfunk: game play tester... game ideas
    Raguel: game play tester... game ideas
    Oswald von Wolkenstein: game play tester... game ideas
    Turkeys: game play tester... game ideas
    Bonifacius: game ideas... region corrections

THANK YOU TO THE FORUM GIANTS
    Ice Torque, Ramon_Gonzales_y_Garcia, Mylae,(wonderful buildings) Attila, IBFD Founder, and the IBFD team, Arthurian TW... Agraes and team for letting me use their wonderful mods. Their work put into the units and the map is truly remarkable. Thanks Ramon for allowing me to display this mod on this noble forum.

It appears that sometimes peoples are forgetting to copy the bi folder within the rtw folder and changing the copied bi folder to rio, thus the load up errors. This may be the reason some of theses issues

Another issue noted is from for people changing their installers destination for reasons due to having RTW Gold Edition. When changing the installs path:
    wrong way is: Rome - Total War\rio
    correct way: Rome - Total War

Unfortunately there is a chance that changing the installation path can cause the mod switcher not to work, thus, the rar non mod switcher version is recommended

After doing as instructed above your RTW folder should look like this
    The orig. bi as seen and now the new rio folder.

4 turn per year script jump to 578ad
    -this sometimes happens after a saved game has been reactivated. Re click the show me button again and the script should return to where the date of the game is suppose to be.
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 29, 2009 at 03:38 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: Bug issues Post here

All the large walls are stone walls, which the siege towers cannot attach nor, nor units mount. I will d/l whatever is available to make sure I am current. The larger walls with drum towers are characteristic on the era, shown on coins, and so on. Taking them away would be a fairly stupid idea.
    Last edited by Patricius; June 21, 2007 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
    All the large walls are stone walls, which the siege towers cannot attach nor, nor units mount. I will d/l whatever is available to make sure I am current. The larger walls with drum towers are characteristic on the era, shown on coins, and so on. Taking them away would be a fairly stupid idea.
    Was there a bug issue with the walls?

I think what I need to do(Empire West) is leave or have large stone walls within the game at the start, but as it is now, they can only be built in several cities. For the Empire East and Sassanids, give them back the ability to build large stone walls for all cities(not just in a few) in the mid fifth century they were still very prosperous factions....

The Empire West was in fast decline I'm not sure if its a good idea for them to have this ability(for all their cities) I'm open to suggestions or feedback on this.
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 21, 2007 at 04:11 PM.

Large walls still have the large wall siege equipment. Sieges are not playable at least with towers. Tiny citadels holding maybe a church, baths and a palace and surrounded by huge walls were characteristic of the age. I would instead restrict city development below large while allowing those smaller cities to acquire both large and epic walls. Siege at least have to work, but there is a larger point that whether on a Lombard plaque or a medallion of Constantius Chlorus small citadels with tall drum towers characteristic the era.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Ciao Rio,
    not a bug, but only that playing ERE 432AD for the Auxilia Palatinae the unit icon is different from the unit image on description menu. On icon it looks with shield and spear (like Legio Lanciarii) but on description meu looks with shield and sword (like Legio Palatinae)
    ayeaye Sir...

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Ciao Rio,
    not a bug, but only that playing ERE 432AD for the Auxilia Palatinae the unit icon is different from the unit image on description menu. On icon it looks with shield and spear (like Legio Lanciarii) but on description meu looks with shield and sword (like Legio Palatinae)
    ayeaye Sir...
    Thanks Margio for the info.

Ostrogoth Warlord unit is missing the person from certain angles. Could be my computer. But it is usually just the horse showing itself, no rider.

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedgeneral View Post
    Ostrogoth Warlord unit is missing the person from certain angles. Could be my computer. But it is usually just the horse showing itself, no rider.
    Thanks...I'll take a look at it.

Pardon for not getting a screenshot, feel quite like an ass.

Would you like me to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedgeneral View Post
    Pardon for not getting a screenshot, feel quite like an ass.

Would you like me to get it?
    No need.. I appreciate the heads up...but can you replay the battle to see if it happens again? I tried it in a custom battle and all seemed okay. Curious if its an isolated incident or something that happens with some frequency.

It was isolated, it appears that on low or any unit detail under, the man simply disappears on my computer. I tried it on Medium, all is well.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

I took a look at the barbarbian factions. Their great halls and high kings halls give a penalty of -60 or -65% to law. Half of the cities is going crazy and the other half prepares to do that in the next few turns. Dont know whether this is meant to be like that or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Fist View Post
    I took a look at the barbarbian factions. Their great halls and high kings halls give a penalty of -60 or -65% to law. Half of the cities is going crazy and the other half prepares to do that in the next few turns. Dont know whether this is meant to be like that or not?
    Yes this is meant to be. Many faction's invading territories such as the Vandals, Ostrogoth's, and most other factions into Roman territories will be seen from their King Halls as oppressors, thus the - loyalty and happiness. This slows down the invader for the faction needs to build up the newly conquered province with buildings that bring loyalty and happiness before moving to the next province. Other example are the Saxons into Britain, The Picts into Hibernia and Britain.

I encourage you to check out the User guide too.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65765
    I tried to explain some of these modifiers in there. And again feel free to post any questions. I'm happy to answer em...
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 23, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Thx for the quick reply. Good to know.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Rio,
    maybe not exactly the right thread because they are not really bugs, but there is not an "issues thread" where to put also campaign development, pics ...
    Back to work, I'm playing Ostrogoths with H/H setup starting on 463AD, even if the Celts faction is really really interesting, but before I want to teach my heir Theodoricus the secret ways to become the greatest leader.
    As usual the first steps are focused on economy development building everything useful for tradeable and taxable goods, then for happiness and then for conquest. Capturing Salona and Ulpia was fast, even because the only one unit left to garrison those towns couldn’t survive against the two armies outside my towns unified supported by Ostrogoth Heavy Infantry.
    Then I have decided to direct my army towards Gepidea and there I found the first issue: I fought to capture it but for three times once captured the central square I got a CTD’s, and despite of "show_error" command there was no messages explaining what happened; my diplomat tried to speak with Gepidea’s people but there was not words in the diplomat panel. Only after leaving all turns due to capture the town I have suceeded, helped by a previous unsuccessful siege made by Slavs.
    The building tree is fantastic even if I have to deeper study the military/economic aspects of the new one’s, especially the economic buildings that are not completely clear yet. The most unclear is the Tavern (the one with vanilla icon): why it gives negative points?
    I am just at the beginning, so too early for others comments, but I will provide for them. Hereby some issues found:
    - Weapons Trading Store on first level doesn’t have image on the description panel and on it there are two lines with written "increase tradeable and taxable goods".
    - Parva Villa Rustica have the related icon on the building tree, but when putted in the building queue the icon become the Army Barracks icon, while in the description panel keep related image and description.
    - in Sarmisegetuza territories there is the iron resources, but mines are not available for the town.
    - Gothic Horse Archers should change the name, because their primary weapon is a javelin.
    Last question: the religion in my towns is Christianism, but almost all family member’s adoption proposals are for Pagans, so I am thinking to change Religion: how much it affects happiness, also considering the religion of my leader?

ayeaye Sir

I can tell you what i have experienced conserning religion.
    Its an important factor when it comes to conquering christian lands as a pagan faction. especially as a faction that can not convert to christianity like the saxons for eg. You can have a lot of trouble with crazy going cities in border regions.
    But! You can also use that to your advantage. Im playing the roman britons at the mom and i am in war with every other surrounding faction.
    The francii for eg have only pagan family members and in conquered christian region they have real difficaulties in keeping the people cool( like i had in pagan ones). As you know a spy in a enemy city is causing unrest, two spys are causing even more unrest and so on. You cant imagine how many cities they already lost and will lose.

Then I have decided to direct my army towards Gepidea and there I found the first issue: I fought to capture it but for three times once captured the central square I got a CTD’s, and despite of "show_error" command there was no messages explaining what happened; my diplomat tried to speak with Gepidea’s people but there was not words in the diplomat panel. Only after leaving all turns due to capture the town I have suceeded, helped by a previous unsuccessful siege made by Slavs.
    ayeaye Sir
    :hmmm:I'll re trace what you did and see if this happens to me.I fought and captured Gepidea and had no issues during the fight for the central square

The most unclear is the Tavern (the one with vanilla icon): why it gives negative points?
    I am just at the beginning, so too early for others comments, but I will provide for them. Hereby some issues found:
    - Weapons Trading Store on first level doesn’t have image on the description panel and on it there are two lines with written "increase tradeable and taxable goods".
    - Parva Villa Rustica have the related icon on the building tree, but when putted in the building queue the icon become the Army Barracks icon, while in the description panel keep related image and description.
    - in Sarmisegetuza territories there is the iron resources, but mines are not available for the town.
    - Gothic Horse Archers should change the name, because their primary weapon is a javelin.
    Last question: the religion in my towns is Christianism, but almost all family member’s adoption proposals are for Pagans, so I am thinking to change Religion: how much it affects happiness, also considering the religion of my leader?

ayeaye Sir
    -I'll check the Weapons trading...It might be, as this sometimes happens, a ram issue. If go out of the image and then re click back in the image may appear but I'll certainly check it out..The Picture and descrition was there but....it needs to be made a bit smaller. Ram maybe playing a part here

- Tavern - points is due to influence on law(need to double check)Although happiness in the sense of people going out to have at taverns for some fun can cause rowdiness and trouble.

-Parva Villa Rustica..I'll check out..The picture was there with the proper description

-Sarmisegetuza territories..I'll check out

-Gothic Horse Archers..I have them changed already as Gothic Horse Skirmishers...Ahhh but I see in their detailed description they are called Gothic Horse Archers..

ayeaye Sir
    Imperial Fist noted some good points above so you may want to look at what he says.
    Also there are advantages with building christian type buildings. Christianity at this time began working in economic co hots sort of speak with certain factions such as the Franks at the end of the 5th century. Their buildings bring in trade thus more money. But at the same time a faction such as the Anglo-Saxons benefit with a certain Pagan buildings and ancillary such as the Bretwalda ancillary.

Your ruler Having a different religion than your cities causes unrest. You can eventually change over a population to your factions religion but there's a good chance that those cities will uprise and revolt.

Great stuff Margio..My thanks...Ram or your installation may have a role in some of these issues...Maybe reinstall the mod again.
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 06, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Rio,
    I have installed again the mod and it works fine now.
    I have seen the thread of the Ostrogoth Palace units: should I overwrite with those files or in the MOD plus patch they are already included?
    It's 470 in Ostrogoth campaign and looking to my empire I have to say that I was really lucky. With the two armies outside towns it was easy to capture Salona and Ulpia. I have exterminated population to avoid unhappyness, I left two units garrison inside each and enlisted a new one, while building Burials. While leaving, those towns had content people. While leading my armies reunited (with Heavy Infantry) towards Gepidea the luck's goddess appeared. My diplomat found that Campus_Iaziges was captured by Rebels, but with heavy losses as seen by my spy; I reverted to Campus_Iazyges that was easily captured. I made the same actions and got content people while directing to Gepidea. Probably the Rebels found in Campus_Iazyges came from Gepidea, because I found 4 units inside, and even not so easy, they couldn't withstand my Ostrogoths. I hope that Luck's Goddess will not leave...
    Now I have to decide next step, if to stay and wait to build up a stronger economy or to direct to Sarmisegetuza.

ayeaye Rio

Hi Rio,
    I have installed again the mod and it works fine now.
    I have seen the thread of the Ostrogoth Palace units: should I overwrite with those files or in the MOD plus patch they are already included?
    wait to build up a stronger economy or to direct to Sarmisegetuza.
    Hi margio,
    Glad its working fine now
    Yes, Copy the Palace unit textures(Quick fix) before or after the Gael- Slav patch. It doesn't matter when but its very important to have em in the game or an in game battle ctd will occur if you use them or face them on the field of battle.

Now I have to decide next step, if to stay and wait to build up a stronger economy or to direct to Sarmisegetuza.
    ayeaye Rio
    The Ostrogoths are set up in the 463AD campaign to expand so they may appear as one of the easier factions to play. But...there are some very strong challenges awaiting them depending on where and how they want to expand. If you want to create the Ostrogoth kingdom of 493 under Theodoric the Great, great challenges will arise to duplicate it.

Looking forward to your campaigns outcome and to any of your insight or suggestions Margio

Thanks
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 07, 2008 at 09:23 AM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Rio,
    ... do you mean very strong challenges to get that?

Sorry but I found it only in Italian Language. It shows the Mediterranean Countries at Theodoricus (or Theodericus...) death and it's a nice Victory Condition Picture... seems that capturing Campus Iazyges, Gepidea and Sarmisegetuza I went a little bit too far on the east and north...
    I will overwrite the files on proper folder inside Rio directory, hoping they are savegame compatible... otherwise I wil restart...

ayeaye Rio

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast