Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chivalry´s Byzantium TW faction submod

Basileios's Avatar Decanus

Default Chivalry´s Byzantium TW faction submod

Hi mates! Just wanted to let you know that the matters that kept me from working effectively on the next version are done know! At least I think...

So work on the version for CTW 0.95 has already begun!

Unlike the previous versions you should be able to play either CTW or the submod without uninstalling it.

As you may know a new book about the Byzantine army: "Byzantine Infantryman - Eastern Roman Empire c.900-1204 (Warrior 118)" is about to be released by Osprey this month! My copy is schedueled for 19th to 21st June but that sounds a bit to optimistic to me, but you never know...

The Byzantine army actually didn´t change since the last Osprey publication in 1979 but much of the research about it! Actully most other books about Byzantium and its army post dated Osprey!

Hoping that I don´t have to re-do too many of our concepts, the next beta of the submod should be available in about two weeks at the latest.

--

EDIT by DaVinci

Go to this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...5&postcount=22 for a released CBTW submod (post # 22)
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 18, 2007 at 10:06 PM.
    CTW Byzantine faction design (Retired)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Chivalry´s Byzantium TW faction submod

I'll stick it now. Hope you'll get an extra subforum (dev and public) here as well.

#Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Excellent news. Its good to see the mod is back up considering i never got to play the last. Good luck Basileios

Thanks!

What makes working on the Byzamtine army quite difficult (but still interesting!) is that authors(even in military treaties) often use different names for the same troop types! Such as Skoutatoi (Taktika, Leo VI ~900), Hoplitai (Praecepta Militaria, Nikephoros Phokas ~960) and Skoutaratoi (Taktika, Nikephoros Ouranos ~1000) for the heavy armed infantry. The same for the Peltastai ( also Akontistai or Riptaristai) or the Prokoursatores (also Trapezitai or Tasinarioi).

Even worse to hear of different ethnical groups without proper explanation of their function in the field...

and units, such as the Hetaireia, where you here a lot of explanations what they might have been:

Hetaireia:
    1. collective term for Great, Middle & Small Hetaireia (bodyguards)
    2. together with the spatharioi personal retainer of the strategoi on foot
    3. Byzantine foreign legion
    4. collective term for all cavalry tagmata apart of the Athanatai and Scholai

EDIT: (Guess there was missing something...)

So everybody who knows something about it or has further ideas is most welcome! Even when ideas are dismissed they generally influence the outcome!
    Last edited by Basileios; June 17, 2007 at 04:59 PM.

Yesterday, I have been informed that my copy of Osprey "Byzantine Infantryman - Eastern Roman Empire c.900-1204 (Warrior 118)" may arrive up to a month later than previously scheduled!
    Unfortunately I won´t be able to use it for the design of the next beta than...
    The release of the next public beta is on the timetable for July 2, 2007.

Like the previous beta it will include in the first place a unit pack with most units being redesigned. For the reasons given in my revious post, I had to throw out a number of already existing units. Most of them have already been replaced by new ones.
    Others were extensively changed, while some saw only saw minor changes (the klibanophoroi for excample)...

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Any pictures of the progress mate?
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

Only the pics you only know from the SCC previews, I´m afraid. In some cases the appearance of the units change that fast, that screenshots are outdate pretty soon...
    But if you´re interested, I can send you a download for an internal beta as soon as I´m back home on Sunday evening! Unless you have an unmoddified CTW 0.95 version installed it should work perfectly so far.

There are a number of things still missing but it should be fully serviceable.:hmmm:

As far as I saw the SCC is back again! And our forum there is back, too!!!

http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...?showforum=163

My copy of the new Osprey book "Byzantine Infantryman Eastern Roman Empire c. 900-1204" arrived today. It doesn´t seem, I had to change too much, but at least I can realize some ideas without risking to be lynched...

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Lovely, cant wait for this, i must say the Byzantines do intrest me with there fancy military system and what not
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

Byzantines is nice, good military system ;]

Plz guys, i know that i'm escaping from the current theme, but when i play CTW sometimes apear the follow error:

Could't find chivalry\data\models_unit\texture\MTW_officer_feudal_standard.tga. & chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_feudal_foot_knight_hre.tg.psd

what do i do ? if i need this file plz send me because i have instaled many times & nothing has changed.
    (sry my english every one i'm brazilian)
    Last edited by o=|HUDSON>; September 07, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by o=|HUDSON> View Post
    Plz guys, i know that i'm escaping from the current theme, but when i play CTW sometimes apear the follow error:

Could't find chivalry\data\models_unit\texture\MTW_officer_feudal_standard.tga. & chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_feudal_foot_knight_hre.tg.psd

what do i do ? if i need this file plz send me because i have instaled many times & nothing has changed.
    (sry my english every one i'm brazilian)
    Do you refer to the submod CBTW or to ChivTW?
    In the first case, i don't know what could be wrong, in the second case, i ask you if you have installed everything from this thread (incl. hotfix2)?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97453 ... at least his error, that you described, is unknown if 0.95+hotfix2 is properly installed.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

This thread needs an update:

1. is the mod available?
    2. where can I download the Byzantine-mod?
    3. what is included?
    4. How to install the mod?

Thanx

Patrician Artifex

Don't know, whom you meant, but all such calls should be directed to Basileus (info, just in case).

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

show us some screenshots!!! i've never seen byz in ctw

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Comnenus View Post
    show us some screenshots!!! i've never seen byz in ctw
    CBTW submod related?

Just check the SCC Chiv forum, there the Byzantium TW forum:

http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=40

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    This thread needs an update:

1. is the mod available?
    2. where can I download the Byzantine-mod?
    3. what is included?
    4. How to install the mod?

Thanx
    well, here you ca find the first and only beta:

http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...howtopic=18101

but the (sub)mod is no longer being worked on... maybe Baselios will publicly release the work that he has done if anyone wants it...
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

this picture alone convinced me that this mod is my next download...now how do I get it????

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Which mod exactly? ...the Byzantine submod, CTW, or both?

The link to DL CTW is stickied in this forum.. as for the submod, its no longer being worked on, though Baselios did release a beta, the thread containing the beta is linked to above your post.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast