Thread: The English Empire

Default The English Empire

If you are viewing this please comment

Hello everybody this is my first AAR and the first few years of it have no pics.
    I hope you all enjoy and continue to follow up on it every time I add on to it.

The year is 1080 AD and the English King William the Conquerer prepares his men for a voyage to the holy land. The Prince, Rufus prepares his own little attack on the small town of York and besieges it before the years end. Robert, Williams other son begins to march from Caen to Rennes to eventually take it in the glory of the English Empire. The French castle of Angers was easily aqquired by the English by giving the French trade access, 4000 florins, their prince Rufus in marriage to Constance, and an alliance. Before the King set sail he left one last order, and that order was for churches to be built in Caen, Nottingham, and London so that they would become in good standing with the Pope.

Year 1082
    The English Empire built too many troops and fell into a depression. Robert reached his target of the city Rennes in an amazing 2 years. The council of the nobles approached me with a mission to take the Rennes just before Robert beseiged it and if he was successful he would earn the Empire 2500 florins. The rebels of York gave in peacefully to Rufus' superior forces and the town was sacked and pillaged
    Please Comment
    Last edited by Scorpion111593; June 18, 2007 at 12:31 PM.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The English Empire

Nice AAR Scorpion111593 did you get ideas from my AAR.

P.S did you find out how to put friends into the buddylist
    Last edited by bomberboy; June 16, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Yes, and yes again.

Year 1084
    Once York was secured Rufus took his army and began to march to Caernarvon. Robert's forces attacked Rennes and took it with only 42 casulties. With the 2500 florin reward and money from sacking and killing Rennes, the English Empire arose from poverty.

Year 1086
    The Scottish sent a diplomat to me offering trade rights and map information but I got 700 florins instead of the map info because I already had the info due to my spy. Little did the Scottish know they were helping me pay for their eventual downfall!
    The council of nobles once again summoned me a task. This time they wanted me to engage in diplomacy with the Holy Roman Empire and they were offering 500 florins as a reward. Robert began to build forces in Caen and began to march towards Bruges.

Year 1088
    Princess Cecilia succeeded in the councils mission by marrying Prince Henry, forging an alliance with them, granting them our map information, granting them trade rights, and giving them 5000 florins over a period of 10 years in return for the city of Bologna. The council gave me my reward and Rufus began his siege of Caernarvon. Robert continued his march to Bruges and ordered for reinforcements to join him once they were done being trained in Caen.
    That's it for now tune in next time for the exciting adventures of the English Empire!
    Last edited by Scorpion111593; June 18, 2007 at 12:35 PM.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Very good keep it up you might have to be carefull of the french the last time i aquired two french cities by diplomacy they attacked me.

P.S when will the scottish be defeated.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

I like it, any chance of some screens? I'd like to see it pan out

Overrall very good

Yeah, I'll be adding screen shots in my next addition. (I just figured out how to take them and I will be making my next addition on Tuesday the 19th)

Thanks for the comments

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

lol Very nice AAR Scorpion

I find it amusing the way you used smilies to depict certain events and feelings.