Thread: Modded files

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Modded files

Sb2ean,
    Are you going to change the descr_region.txt file since you have hit the region limit? I have a couple of ideas i'd like to try but I don't want to redo them with your next version.

Default Re: Modded files

Will be adding more hidden_resource entries which use that file .
    for the next patch I have added these
    Constantinople - contsant_site
    Tripolii - jihad , crusade
    Tbilisi - wine , jihad , crusade
    Acre- crusade, jihad
    Serbia - vlach_units
    Banat - vlach_units

Also Sofia_Province if you look , vlach_units is in the wrong place next to Bulgarian_Rebels , Ive changed that so its on the resource line (surprised that did not cause an error)
    I dont think anymore will be added , If you add those in yourself it will be ok
    If I add any more I will let you know

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Creator of
    Regions&ProvincesMod v2.3

That will make life simpler. Thank you. Did you check out the map I changed for the Caucaucus Mountains?

Yes , I have only just noticed the email because of my Yahoo account its Spam Filter is rubbish it keeps putting emails that are from TWC or other safe address in the Junk Folder , some TWC emails it puts in my INbox , if I dont check my Junk Folder I miss stuff which defeats the object of a spam filter to some extent.
    I will give it a try now ( I only dloaded it last night)
    can you block the path by placing a fort there , with the path being so close to capital it should be very defendable
    I have also changed some grountype so the coast route along black sea is open now

Creator of

I haven't played Turkey or Georgia to see if a fort will block it, but if I remember the ground types on both sides it should be defensible. One other place playing Spain. The road does not reach the port in Cordoba. I modified the map_ground_types.tga and uploaded it to Filefront. I changed two pixels of low mountains to hills and it works. No moving the port, no changing the scenery. I think you'll like it.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Shouldn't there be a road from Leon til Burgos? Now the road goes from Leon, south to Toledo and then north to Burgos, its quite a de-tour.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I got the Leon to Burgos road but I had to modify the map_ground_types.tga to do it. There is a low mountain south of Leon just north of the river crossing that can be turned into hills and then you have your road to Burgos and another route to Toledo. I also got the Leon to Oviedo road but I had to move a region boundary to do it.

Another road , just as it looks to be complete another one appears : )
    Is that the last one (2 if include Cordoba)

Creator of

Road from Granada to Cartagena would be nice. Toledo to Pamplona,too. Not necessary for gameplay but would make life easier on the ai.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Oh, and there might be a problem with the road from Cordoba to its port, no road.
    And one of the rivers between Tunis and Algiers in north-west africa doesn't connect to the Med. sea.
    Skopje (sp?) and Lepanto have no garrison.
    Last edited by billydilly; June 21, 2007 at 06:37 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

ON filefront, I have a map_ground_types.tga that has Cordoba's road to its port. No garrison in Burgos, either.

Well Burgos is owned by Spain at the start , so its not to bad . I thought it was interesting if you (or AI) dont send a unit there on 1st turn you get rioting
    same goes for Manzikert , but AI fails to do tjhat with Manzikert and they go rebel which makes Georgia expand to quick so that one has been corrected

Creator of

Burgos on mh/mh doesn't riot until the third turn. Trouble is, everybody is too far away to get there in two turns. I cheated and changed Vaasco's starting position to match Burgos'.