Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Camillus' Player Formations Mod

Default Marcus Camillus' Player Formations Mod

Not sure how I did it, but I previously updated my wrong topic for my Music ReMix mod, mistakenly updating this post for my player formations mod. Sorry for any confusion. As soon as I get home, I'll get this post reposted to contain the last info for my player formations mod. In the mean time, here is a download link for my player formations mod...

http://www.beaglepc.net/Downloads/marcus_camillus_player_formations_mod_v1.6.zip
    Last edited by Marcus Camillus; November 25, 2007 at 06:45 PM.
    Marcus Camillus

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Default Re: Marcus Camillus' Player Formations Mod

well done marcus

I am sure the players will love this - I do!!

Marcus - your link says it is for 1.8(???), will this still work with 1.9?

Regards

The file is the correct one - for 1.9!

Thanks

Marcus, when you have time, please add a post for each of your mods in the pinned thread above:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59641
    It will be easier to find them.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Marcus, I love some of the features this has. Do you think it would work OK with Roma Surrectum? I'll try it anyway, but just wondering. If it does I would very much like to use it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    Marcus - your link says it is for 1.8(???), will this still work with 1.9?

Regards
    That was a mistake on my part. Forgot to update that one part of the text. Its corrected now.
    Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Marcus, when you have time, please add a post for each of your mods in the pinned thread above:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59641
    It will be easier to find them.
    I thought I already did this, but the post does not seem to be there. Guess I'll repost my info again tonight.

Oh, and thanks for adding that topic. It was an excellent idea, Florin.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Marcus, I love some of the features this has. Do you think it would work OK with Roma Surrectum? I'll try it anyway, but just wondering. If it does I would very much like to use it.
    The "descr_formations.txt" file itself will work with just about any RTW or BI mod. This file is the heart of my player formations mod. The other files just change the UI names and some graphics better reflect the use of my player formations mod. If you need to, just install this mod into a temporary directory, and move the "descr_formations.txt" file to the "Rome - Total War\Data" sub-folder, letting it overwrite the existing file. You may wish to rename the original file, or move it to another folder location, in case you wish to switch back to the previous player formation file.
    Last edited by Marcus Camillus; June 20, 2007 at 11:32 AM.
    Marcus Camillus

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Thank you! I'll give it a try.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Hello Marcus,
    in Barbarian Invasion Classic the custom formation buttons don't show up The custom description is missing also. In Rome Classic everything works.

Just wanted to say that the Shield Wall button has some form of graphical glitch in my 1.9 install, I installed everything correctly... any idea why? thought it might have something with the new buttons to do, though I can see why

Quote Originally Posted by smerles View Post
    Hello Marcus,
    in Barbarian Invasion Classic the custom formation buttons don't show up The custom description is missing also. In Rome Classic everything works.
    Not sure what you mean by RTW Classic or BI Classic. I personal use this mod of mine with the BI game engine and am not having problems. What other mods, besides RTR Platinum, are you trying to use together?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preskinn View Post
    Just wanted to say that the Shield Wall button has some form of graphical glitch in my 1.9 install, I installed everything correctly... any idea why? thought it might have something with the new buttons to do, though I can see why
    I don't have a "shield wall" button in my mod's custom buttons. Are you referring to the one of Vanilla BI? Also, besides RTR PLatinum and my player formations mod, what other mods are you trying to use together?
    Marcus Camillus

I am currently using two installation folders:

The first one is "vanilla" (or classic) RTW with BI, the second one is RTW 1.5 with RTR Platinum (without BI!).
    In vanilla RTW everything works fine, the custom buttons, formation description and everything is there.
    I have installed your mod yesterday directly into Rome Total War\BI and since then the custom formations work also for BI. But the custom buttons still don't show up in BI.

Yes, the same for me, some serious bug there!

Quote Originally Posted by smerles View Post
    I am currently using two installation folders:

The first one is "vanilla" (or classic) RTW with BI, the second one is RTW 1.5 with RTR Platinum (without BI!).
    In vanilla RTW everything works fine, the custom buttons, formation description and everything is there.
    I have installed your mod yesterday directly into Rome Total War\BI and since then the custom formations work also for BI. But the custom buttons still don't show up in BI.
    Quote Originally Posted by romavictoria View Post
    Yes, the same for me, some serious bug there!
    I hate to have to correct you both, its not a serious bug that you have, but a serious installation problem. The installer is setup for RTR Platinum or Vanilla RTW, by installing into the main RTW folder. To get the custom buttons to show up in Vanilla BI, I think the "mod_1.pak" file that the custom battle UI buttons are packed in will need to be unpacked, via Vercingetorix's PAK Extractor program, and then place in their proper sub-folder of the RTW\BI\Data\UI folder.

What is happening is that the normal Battle UI files of BI are being used since my custom Battle UI buttons are in a pack file for RTW. Starting up Vanilla BI tells the game engine to use the files of BI in place of any used by RTW.

I have never created a separate install that has custom battle UI buttons for use with Vanilla BI, although the player formations file will be used by Vanilla BI, since Vanilla BI does not have a custom "descr_formations.txt" file of its own, and uses the Vanilla RTW one, which is replaced by my player formations mod. Sorry, I just have not had time to support Vanilla BI with custom battle UI buttons for it too. I've got too many other projects in progress.
    Marcus Camillus

Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Camillus View Post
    I hate to have to correct you both, its not a serious bug that you have, but a serious installation problem. The installer is setup for RTR Platinum or Vanilla RTW, by installing into the main RTW folder. To get the custom buttons to show up in Vanilla BI, I think the "mod_1.pak" file that the custom battle UI buttons are packed in will need to be unpacked, via Vercingetorix's PAK Extractor program, and then place in their proper sub-folder of the RTW\BI\Data\UI folder.

What is happening is that the normal Battle UI files of BI are being used since my custom Battle UI buttons are in a pack file for RTW. Starting up Vanilla BI tells the game engine to use the files of BI in place of any used by RTW.

I have never created a separate install that has custom battle UI buttons for use with Vanilla BI, although the player formations file will be used by Vanilla BI, since Vanilla BI does not have a custom "descr_formations.txt" file of its own, and uses the Vanilla RTW one, which is replaced by my player formations mod. Sorry, I just have not had time to support Vanilla BI with custom battle UI buttons for it too. I've got too many other projects in progress.
    I am not sure if this is the problem, let me explain:
    I have installed RTR 1.9 ontop of my Rom TW Gold install (the dvd that installes BI to, and patches it all)
    I am using the BI-shortcut supplied with the mod, as I allways have and the mod works just fine, And I DO get the nice superb custom formations buttons. So far so good, the only thing I don't have is the Sheild wall formation button, that one is a red square. (probably the same thing with schiltrom?)

Maybe this is what you meant, but it sounded like you thought I was using it on a vanilla BI install, and I'm not.

Maybe I misunderstood you?

EDIT: I just read the awnser from before about the Shield Wall button.

I use ony 1.9, this mod, 4tpy, lite music remix, and no other I think.
    nothing that should have any effect on the shield wall button, still, since it was a button, and I never have had this problem before, and I just installed the new formation buttons for the first time, the only logical explanation to me was that it was this mod that caused the problem.

I believe that I have installed everything correct, it is not my first time
    Last edited by Preskinn; June 23, 2007 at 06:43 PM.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Do you think this will be compatible with the ExRM once I update the ExRM to be compatible with RTRPE 1.9? If so, may I include it in the download (with proper attribution, of course)? I've always thought your player formations were the best out there (and I've used several).
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

I am not sure if this is the problem, let me explain:
    I have installed RTR 1.9 ontop of my Rom TW Gold install (the dvd that installes BI to, and patches it all)
    I am using the BI-shortcut supplied with the mod, as I allways have and the mod works just fine, And I DO get the nice superb custom formations buttons. So far so good, the only thing I don't have is the Sheild wall formation button, that one is a red square. (probably the same thing with schiltrom?)

Maybe this is what you meant, but it sounded like you thought I was using it on a vanilla BI install, and I'm not.

Maybe I misunderstood you?

EDIT: I just read the awnser from before about the Shield Wall button.

I use ony 1.9, this mod, 4tpy, lite music remix, and no other I think.
    nothing that should have any effect on the shield wall button, still, since it was a button, and I never have had this problem before, and I just installed the new formation buttons for the first time, the only logical explanation to me was that it was this mod that caused the problem.

I believe that I have installed everything correct, it is not my first time
    Ok, I see what you are talking about. The graphics for the shield wall button are not part of my player formations mod. I'll check when I get home though to verify this. The problem with this button is that a "battlepage_03.tga" graphics file (I need to verify exact name when I get home, it may be spelled slightly different) needs to be placed in the UI files for each culture type. This file is currently in the Roman culture UI sub-folder (i.e. Data\UI\Roman\interface sub-folder), but appartently also needs to be placed in a similarly named folder for the other 5 cultures too, for example, Data\UI\Carthaginian\interface (like the other file or folder names, I need to verify the exact spelling, I'm at work and do not have access to my RTW and/or RTR mods).

I had someone else mention this in another topic and I looked into it, found the problem and the above solution. In the near future, I post a small patch that will correct this minor graphics glitch and also a spelling error I found in faction descriptions, that no one has mentioned, but still annoys me enough to correct. Yeah its minor, and does not effect game play, but I like to try and perfect RTR Platinum as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    Do you think this will be compatible with the ExRM once I update the ExRM to be compatible with RTRPE 1.9? If so, may I include it in the download (with proper attribution, of course)? I've always thought your player formations were the best out there (and I've used several).
    It should not be a problem as far as the player formations file itself (i.e. descr_formations.txt), just be sure none of the buttons graphics files need to be changed. The button graphics file (or files, forget exactly and I am answering from work) are contained in the pack file named "mod_1.pak". Also, this pack file's contents could be unpacked and included with ExRM's pack file if it uses one. Sorry for not be able to give an exact answer for somethings, since I'm going on memory and answering this from work.

Over all, I would be glad for you to go ahead and include my player formations mod within the ExRM mod.
    Last edited by Marcus Camillus; June 29, 2007 at 12:08 AM.
    Marcus Camillus

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Ok, thanks. I'll try it on my own install first, and if it looks like a complicated fix I may just include your descr_formations.txt by itself. People can figure out the buttons as they go.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Nice to hear! Thanks for all the updating and hard work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast