Ultimate Battle AI by GrandViZ
Version 1.2 (requires Official Patch 1.2)
*** NEW UPDATED VERSION ***
Thanks to all the users for their valuable feedback, that helped to improve this version!
- Passive AI, that does not attack, although it is outgunned in regard to ranged units
- Responsiveness of units to move and formation changes orders: decreased the delay significantly
- Siege AI will no longer line up its forces in front of a settlement
Open field battles
- Skirmish behavior of ranged units is more tolerant against nearby enemy units, resulting in less back and forth movement and more effective shooting time
- Reduced requirements for outflanking movements, so AI cavalry will flank more
- Better formation cohesion *NEW*
- AI will defend wall positions longer, before retreating to the center
- Reduced the threat level of siege engines, and at the same time increased the threat level of enemy units
- Idle AI units should be less frequent
- Improved assault AI
- New projectile values for ranged and artillery units
- Mass values for different artillery projectiles have been balanced according to available historical sources, however it was necessary to introduce some abstraction in regard to game balance
- New differentiated arrow model by Point Blank *NEW*
- Improved projectile effects by Point Blank *NEW*
- Gates, walls and towers get more hitpoints with every upgrade level: higher level castles will require heavy siege equipment
- New AI formations for settlement assault and defense
- Six new AI formations for open field battles
- Includes latest EDU.txt from the Real Combat Mod by Point Blank
The files belong in the ../M2TW/ultimateAI/data folder, or respectively in the data folder of your favourite mod.
If you want to use the files with the vanilla game, you have to put the files into the M2TW/data folder and start the game with the
Herefore open your medieval2.preference.cfg and add the lines
file_first = true
Note also, that not all mods support the included EDU.txt, in this case use only the other files.
Permission of Use
This mod is for personal use only. An integration into other mods requires my explicit permission.