Thread: Lamb of God

Default Lamb of God

I cant stop listening to this band especially their song "Walk with me in hell" Heres the music vid. Listen to riff that kicks in at around 36 seconds, it is just unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auikBu7soMs

I dont know many other people other people that like this genre, especially in England where the emphasis tends to be on that Indy shite. No offens to nayone that likes that stuff, its just not for me.

Default Re: Lamb of God

Who listens to this kind of mindless rubbish? It's just empty noise clanging away.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

preston's Avatar Semisalis

hell no its not
    they are the best thrash band out there. i own all of their albums including their only album when they were burn the priest. wow i've always wanted to see the video for walk with me in hell thanks for finding it! lol the Parthenon in athens is all that survived. just goes to show how good greek engineering is
    Last edited by preston; June 15, 2007 at 11:28 AM.
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

if you want symphonic rock, try nightwish. their music actually has vocal accompaniment.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

There enjoyable

I actually started listening to them again when I got GH2

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    they are the best thrash band out there.
    They can be more accurately described as Groove Metal or Metalcore
    Last edited by Romanized Spartan; July 08, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

Love em, I got every album besides the one they released as burn the priest. Favorite song is "Blood of the Scribe" on Ashes of the Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    Who listens to this kind of mindless rubbish? It's just empty noise clanging away.
    Agreed.

hell no its not
    they are the best thrash band out there. i own all of their albums including their only album when they were burn the priest. wow i've always wanted to see the video for walk with me in hell thanks for finding it! lol the Parthenon in athens is all that survived. just goes to show how good greek engineering is
    Thrash? Are you serious? Did you just put Lamb of God in the same category as Sodom, Slayer, Exodus, Onslaught and Kreator?

Here's something painful: Lamb of God is not Thrash. It's not even Metal. In the mid-to-late 90's era, a few Hardcore (an MTV/Hollywood commercial genre related to Punk) bands started mixing Swedish Melodic Death Metal riffs in their music. That's when Metal-core was born. It's Core because it's basically hardcore mixed with age-old, been-there-done-that Swedish riffs.

So how did Metal-heads react? They couldn't care less. You know why? Prior to this Metal-core thing, there was an attempt to mix Metal with Hip-Hop. That fell flat on it's face and so will this new attempt.

Lamb of God, Trivium, etc are money-making businesses. These posers are seen wearing Darkthrone and Nuclear Assault t-shirts to tell everyone that they're Metal but real Metal-heads don't buy it. If you mix my Metal with EMO and -Core elements, you're my enemy. Ok, lemme re-phrase that. If you mix my Metal with your EMO and try to shove it down my throat telling me it's real Metal, then I've got a problem. Ever wonder what age-group these core bands go after? Do some research.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Most new metal is ****. Now Slayer, OLD Metalica, and especially Man o War there the good metal.
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

I hate emos . . . firsthand experience . . . public school . . . not good . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljan View Post
    Most new metal is ****. Now Slayer, OLD Metalica, and especially Man o War there the good metal.

Agreed. Although I'm not a huge Metallica fan either (new or old). The new Slayer CD, God Hates Us All, can't even be compared to Show No Mercy. Manowar, on the other hand ..... You can't argue with them

Agreed. Although I'm not a huge Metallica fan either (new or old). The new Slayer CD, God Hates Us All, can't even be compared to Show No Mercy. Manowar, on the other hand ..... You can't argue with them
    You are a bit negative there stil are some bands that try to make real metal even new bands.
    I agree that a lot of old school is best but not all new bands are mindles money clones.
    Dragon force as example (not the best I ever heard but the try seriously)
    Living in the Netherland but am a Frisian the noblest of Germans. NOW playing SAI Julian campaign, http://www.unihorn.nl
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent, Isaac Asimov
    F@ck de massa, grijp de Kassa, Bas Hoorn 2009

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

Shadows Fall is a pretty good band, I think. Aren't they relatively new - like 90's around there?

hunter260859's Avatar Senator

As a 16 year old in this modern world i hate it all i ever see on scuzz or MTV or what ever channles is just slipknot, lamb of god, Korn ECT and it's driving me mad so i just go listen to some judas priest, QUEEN, slayer, SAXON, motorhead and helloween

Quote Originally Posted by hunter260859 View Post
    udas priest, QUEEN, slayer, SAXON, motorhead and helloween
    Infernal Hails!

I liked the music but then the guy started singing......WTF?

Sounds like hes got a cucumber down his throat and hes underwater.....why do artists ruin a good riff with god awful singing?
    Last edited by VALIS; July 09, 2007 at 09:01 AM.

they are the best thrash band out there.
    r u ****!ng kidding me, thrash!?! o god no! these guys are metalcore. these guys arent even metal imo. they are just a bunch of vegetarian pussies. the singer, god i hate him, he thinks hes a bada$$ but hes not, hes has an emo haircut for crying out loud. todays metal scene is so terrible.
    thrash died out awhile ago in the 90's. true thrash bands were exodus, overkill, vio-lence, testament, and megadeth to name a few.
    saying trivium, Lamb of faggot$, as i lay dying, bullet for my valentine(can you believe the names of some of these bands now a days), killswitch engage are thrash or even "good" is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sextus Loverlord View Post
    The new Slayer CD, God Hates Us All, can't even be compared to Show No Mercy.
    are you saying god hates us all is better than show no mercy?
    Last edited by misfitsfiend138; July 09, 2007 at 11:15 AM.