Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: short progress report

Libertus

Default Re: short progress report

Yes I copy and pasted from your post above. I will check the file again when I get home, but I am 95% sure it is exactly as you posted the changes above.
    When I go into grand campaign and try to select more than one, the last selection goes dull and if I start the game I can only control one faction.
    * Note: I just thought of this, I play standard SS 3.2, but with the 450 turns changes/setup, would that cause a problem?
    I am currently playing a campaign by email with some friends and those are the settings we use. Then we trade when a king dies, next person plays for that King's life, etc.
    Could that be causing a problem?

Thanks to Kalos for the Signature!

i'm not sure if that thing you mentioned is the problem. lol, i'm not that much of an expert at this. Oh ya, did you put proper spacing, not sure if that's the problem. Okay, here is EVERYTHING I have in my stainless steel cfg. file

[features]
    mod = Stainless_Steel

[io]
    file_first = true

[multiplayer]
    playable = true

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = false
    scroll = false

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Refering to the title of the topic... any sort of progress report on 4.0, KK? Are you only waiting on UAI to complete or is there more stuff that needs to be worked on?

Where are you KK? You've been gone for 5 days. I hope nothing bad..

hi all,

think kk is in good shape anyway .

won't tell you too much, but: 4.0 looks GREAT.
    in a few minutes, me and my laptop will join kk's room to start betatesting (at least until 2 am)

by the way, i am flatmember of kk. can tell you, he spend an incredible amount of time in this new version. i think, the new feature list is gonna be enormous. but.. its not my business to tell you this kind of stuff.

just want to say that everything is gonna be GREAT. now.. can't wait start betatesting!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

2am?? Is that all? I demand nothing less than continuous 24 beta testing!

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

hi again,

yesterday i startet a campaign with kievan-rus. compared to other factions, its much harder to start building up your empire. coz of the new big map (especially in the eastern part of the world), u have to decide wisely, which direction to go with your first troops.
    in the south the (not very friendly) byzantine empire, to the west the kind polish troops, in the faaaar east lots of rebell towns. i chose to start bashing the polish landsides.
    with kiev u get a nice starting city, even though the other town, rostov, is not as evolved as your capitol.
    one thing: with europe (e.g. aragorn) as starting postion, there is a lot of action all around you, so u dont have to choose as wisely as a kievan, where to go with your troops.

kk put in the new darth mod, but not totally. he combined the supreme ai and the new physics (think u know what i mean) with his balanced unit-stats. so the battle feeling was indeed a new experience.
    with an well prepared charge, u more ore less easily might overrun (e.g. with gothic knights) light-armored missile troops. but cavalery is definetly(!) not as overpowered as in the (just released) darthmod 4.b.
    if an heavy cal charges into light infantry, the inf sure will loose an certain percentage of their troops, but they still got the chance to defend themselves (even though there is not really much probability light inf will win). but its not as desastrous as in dm4.b.
    so in my opionion, battle (not only battle of course), in comparison to stainless steel 3.2, has made a big step forward.

only to mention some new features.. (think kk will tell you this part in detail)
    amazin new textures (byz, argagon, kiev, etc.).. tested all new factions. had no ctd or big bug. a whole bunch of new mercenarys (>10), a dozen new neat custom maps, complete new nice loading screens. a lot of new events, especially historical related. u feel definetly more involved into the mevieval world . the new, bigger map looks wonderfull (in my opinion even more stylish than the vanilla map). as far as i tested, a.i. seems to handle well with the big world.

kk is atm too busy to write a preview, coz this will take him at least a bunch of hours. but i am very sure, that u can expect the release of ss4.0 very soon.
    please don't take this report as a complete preview, its more some kind of first impression, and there sure are a lot of new things i forgot to mention.

so far, thats everything i wanted to say by now.

ps. @caesar: this test was not the first betatest, kk is constantly testing the new version, i tested the almost finished product, so to say ss4.0 silver-gold .

Libertus

Thanks Sleek! Sounds very promising, it can't be released too soon

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Looks good indeed! The only thing I disliked about DarthMod 1.4B was that the cavarly is overpowered and some other issues but the battles are still great. Looking forward to this!

Sounds great! I have increased to Level 3 Drooling!

nice!! i always thought cavalry is underpowered, I guess this here will solve the problem

Indefinitely Banned

@ sleek_doc

By reading your report I've just wet my pants and broken my chair for jumping up and down. :laughing:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    @ sleek_doc

By reading your report I've just wet my pants and broken my chair for jumping up and down. :laughing:
    Ewwww.

Hellmut34's Avatar Miles

We wait for the shining light.

A little maiming never hurt anybody

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Ewwww.

Yeah! I knocked my coffee mug over with the excitement. Why? What did you think I meant? :laughing:

"Awesome" is unlikely to be sufficient a term to describe SS, version 4, I may have resort to "Absolutely Splendid!"

The suspense is killing me.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    The suspense is killing me.
    You should be dead by now!

Libertus

In anticipation of 4.0 I ran both my campaigns all week long at night. phew. I got through around 200 turns total this week in 3 campaigns. now only a few more to go... lol.
    Hey I just thought of this, will 4.0 be compatible with 3.2 savegames?
    Probably not, but if so my marathons have all been for naught. well except the fun of crushing lesser nations!.

Thanks to Kalos for the Signature!

no, that's for sure. It won't be compatible, as long as a new faction is being added, savegame will not work.

ps: is it working now?? the hotseat?

playing beta at the moment.
    think kk would be angry if i make a leaked-beta-release .

but its still worth the waiting time i guess, coz kk currently tweaking his beta, fine polishing the loading screens, altering a few unit descriptions, changing some buggy sprites, minor balancing town stats, ...
    but all in all, iam pretty much playing the final product and after a few days i only can say this:

f 'in awesome
    Last edited by sleek_doc; July 06, 2007 at 03:00 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast