Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: small question

Default small question

will there be several roman factions to begin with or just one?

Default Re: small question

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    will there be several roman factions to begin with or just one?
    three factions, or houses, or GENTES, and the senate

tnx

so at some point there'll be a civil war?

will it be the same like in the vanilla version where the julii have to conquer gaul, the brutii greece and the scipii northern africa?

I have to ask, why are you guys going with the three houses when it makes no sense historically?

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    I have to ask, why are you guys going with the three houses when it makes no sense historically?
    cuz it's an old decision made by the majority of team at the first briefing before the beginning of the project in 2005

But just think... two new factions...

may be in the future, after the release of the complete version of CB there will be released an alternative version with a unified roman faction and other two factions

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

actually three new factions can be added. use the julii for the roman unified, and you have freed up the brutii, scipii, and senate slot.
    imo i think you will lose a lot of players over this, after RTR no one wants to play the family system. you have put so much work into awesome units, new terrains and all the awesome other stuff, i think this is the let down of the whole mod.

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

I agree with pseudo, I don't play '3 family' mods any more, they feel way too phoney. I LOVE the work you guys are doing, and of course I'll dl the mod and take it for a spin, but I can't really get immersed in a 3-family mod after playing unified Rome mods.

even if there are three roman factions i'm sure it's worth playin' as romans because in CASUS BELLI the legions are wonderful and there are so many scripts that make the experience unique than other mods

Recon's Avatar Decanus

I favour a unified Rome as well, but it's not a game killer for me.

nobody dies if u see three roman families for now

KALI's Avatar Senator

Actually I was kind of looking forward to giving the 3 family system a whirl again.
    I sometimes get kind of board of a Rome at peace with its self, which is of course also a-historical. Republican General's and families were constantly competing for glory, rashly charging into action before their fellow generals could muster.
    The senate system was also quite interesting. Ok the missions are a bit fanciful but I enjoyed them non the less. I actually, would have been interested to a see a senate kind of system extended to all factions (as in MTW2)
    I also liked the civil war.... again by removing the senate etc something a-historic is introduced.
    I think there's an interesting argument to include the senate and 3 familly system, even if its purely for game play. There are lots of mods where they have been removed so it will be good to have a bit of variety.
    Last edited by KALI; June 19, 2007 at 02:58 AM.
    I came, I saw, I went away again.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I'm not fond of the three family system, but I sure do miss the Senate and the eventual civil war. But, with the great Roman units CB has...how can ya not just love this?

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

yer im not found of the 3 famlies either.. but o well im still dlin this mod

Quote Originally Posted by KALI View Post
    Actually I was kind of looking forward to giving the 3 family system a whirl again.
    I sometimes get kind of board of a Rome at peace with its self, which is of course also a-historical. Republican General's and families were constantly competing for glory, rashly charging into action before their fellow generals could muster.
    The senate system was also quite interesting. Ok the missions are a bit fanciful but I enjoyed them non the less. I actually, would have been interested to a see a senate kind of system extended to all factions (as in MTW2)
    I also liked the civil war.... again by removing the senate etc something a-historic is introduced.
    I think there's an interesting argument to include the senate and 3 familly system, even if its purely for game play. There are lots of mods where they have been removed so it will be good to have a bit of variety.
    I'm with you on this one. Besides I really like the intros of the Scippii and especially the Brutii. Asuming the intros are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I'm not fond of the three family system, but I sure do miss the Senate and the eventual civil war. But, with the great Roman units CB has...how can ya not just love this?
    the majority of rtw italia members wants the civil war for the romans! in a future very future maybe we can leave the senate and the julii (can be called ROMA) and erase the other 2 remaining

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    the majority of rtw italia members wants the civil war for the romans! in a future very future maybe we can leave the senate and the julii (can be called ROMA) and erase the other 2 remaining
    A proposito n'do so finiti quelli di RTWITALIA ? Per gli amici della perfida albione where is RTWITALIA?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
    A proposito n'do so finiti quelli di RTWITALIA ? Per gli amici della perfida albione where is RTWITALIA?
    momentaneamente il sito è disabilitato.. modred lo sta mettendo a posto.. o almeno credo

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

I'll be checking out this mod just for the beautiful skins, and strap map graphics. I dont mind that its historically inaccurate, I have EB for that.

Rome Total Realism VII Roman Faction Historical Advisor

It is foolish to incur danger for small results; He must be considered a reckless general who would fight before there is any need, while a good one takes risks only in cases of necessity." ---Publivs Cornelivs Scipio Aemilianvs Afrivanvs Numantinvs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast