Thread: Quick question about Hungary in SS.

Default Quick question about Hungary in SS.

I noticed that Dismounted Chivalric Knights and Hussars are not recruitable in the campaign. Is this by design? I thought maybe they were tied to an event but I am pretty late in my campaign and didn't see them. I also started a quick campaign with Spain (DCK) and Poland (Hussars) and saw that the above units are listed in the building browser.

Not a huge deal but I was just curious, sorry if this was answered elsewhere but a search of this forum didn't help.

I did notice that Battlefield Assasins are now recruitable from a level 1 assasins guild, like hashashim, as opposed to requiring a master assasins guild (which limits them to one recruitable settlement) as in vanilla.

Thanks.

Default Re: Quick question about Hungary in SS.

Hungary in this mod pwns. You can easily mod those units in with a quick tap tap of descr_unit.txt

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Hoplite View Post
    I noticed that Dismounted Chivalric Knights and Hussars are not recruitable in the campaign. Is this by design? I thought maybe they were tied to an event but I am pretty late in my campaign and didn't see them. I also started a quick campaign with Spain (DCK) and Poland (Hussars) and saw that the above units are listed in the building browser.

Not a huge deal but I was just curious, sorry if this was answered elsewhere but a search of this forum didn't help.

I did notice that Battlefield Assasins are now recruitable from a level 1 assasins guild, like hashashim, as opposed to requiring a master assasins guild (which limits them to one recruitable settlement) as in vanilla.

Thanks.
    here you go mate just replace this file inside the data folder of SS mod (this one is fixed hussars, e_D.chivalric knights)
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; September 22, 2007 at 08:08 PM.

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

lol, nice one, chola! altho i really don't get why ppl would want to play hungary

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    lol, nice one, chola! altho i really don't get why ppl would want to play hungary
    i love to but hungary placed in very dangerous position all the enemies are surrounded them even the long term enemies Byzantine there!!!

Viscount In TWC

lol, i don't even bother conquering hungary personally, cause their land suck, not worth my trouble

You really are t3h noob, lol.

Dude, Hungary has a great position. You can easily grab Iasi, Bucharest, Belgrade, Zagreb, Kiev, and Sofia within the first 10 turns. You just gotta have heart. If the Byz get Sofia first, just buy it and then turn it into a town to get some good cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chola_Kingdom View Post
    here you go mate just replace this file inside the data folder of SS mod (this one is fixed hussars, e_D.chivalric knights)
    lol I pulled a noob and said the wrong file.

NO ONE SAY ANYTHING!!!

Awesome Chola, thanks!

I like to play as Hungary because I am part Hungarian and because I like the fact that they get horse archers and knights, a good combination. Their starting position is a challenge and there is always the threat of the Mongols and Timurids, although not as much in SS (which is fine since I like to see what the Turks, Russia, and Egypt can do instead of just being wiped out every campaign). Plus, I like to be different.

Their lands are not the greatest, and Budapest and Bran are hopeless in terms of generating income, but some nearby early settlements are pretty good. Sofia, if turned into a city, generates the florins, as well as Bucharest, Iasi, etc. You just have to castles to cities and your good.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoured Hoplite View Post
    Awesome Chola, thanks!

I like to play as Hungary because I am part Hungarian and because I like the fact that they get horse archers and knights, a good combination. Their starting position is a challenge and there is always the threat of the Mongols and Timurids, although not as much in SS (which is fine since I like to see what the Turks, Russia, and Egypt can do instead of just being wiped out every campaign). Plus, I like to be different.

Their lands are not the greatest, and Budapest and Bran are hopeless in terms of generating income, but some nearby early settlements are pretty good. Sofia, if turned into a city, generates the florins, as well as Bucharest, Iasi, etc. You just have to castles to cities and your good.
    personally i love the spearmen and battel field assasins because spearmen have the large shield i love that i dont know and of course assasins also a colur man i love orange it's kind of attract

Viscount In TWC

It would seem to me that the factions with the greatest oppurtunites for massive success also have equally great oppurtunities for massive failure. Take the Turks for example. Just a point of view.

But hey it's late and I am babbaling on. Thanks for taking the time to post the descr strat file. Even though I may not play Hungary it's nice to fight AI armies that have the now included units.

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    It would seem to me that the factions with the greatest oppurtunites for massive success also have equally great oppurtunities for massive failure. Take the Turks for example. Just a point of view.

But hey it's late and I am babbaling on. Thanks for taking the time to post the descr strat file. Even though I may not play Hungary it's nice to fight AI armies that have the now included units.
    by the way iam turkish campaign player too. using janissary heavy and knocks off all the units thre so far

Viscount In TWC

I'm a big Hungary fan too. +rep for that file Chola

The battle that decided the fate of Christendom: The Siege of Belgrade

"When a Turkish soldier almost managed to pin the Sultan's flag on top of a bastion, a soldier named Titus Dugović (Dugovics Titusz in Hungarian) grabbed him and together they plunged from the wall."

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    I'm a big Hungary fan too. +rep for that file Chola

The battle that decided the fate of Christendom: The Siege of Belgrade

"When a Turkish soldier almost managed to pin the Sultan's flag on top of a bastion, a soldier named Titus Dugović (Dugovics Titusz in Hungarian) grabbed him and together they plunged from the wall."

nice to know some of the heroic histories thanks bro

Viscount In TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post
    You really are t3h noob, lol.

Dude, Hungary has a great position. You can easily grab Iasi, Bucharest, Belgrade, Zagreb, Kiev, and Sofia within the first 10 turns. You just gotta have heart. If the Byz get Sofia first, just buy it and then turn it into a town to get some good cash.
    not true. They do not have access to the sea, which reduce money a big time, not to mention their elite units, just isn't that good. your the noob man , hungary is not in a good position period, unless they can conquer byz or someone else into the sea to gain more money or else, they will always have disadvantage

not true. They do not have access to the sea, which reduce money a big time, not to mention their elite units, just isn't that good. your the noob man , hungary is not in a good position period, unless they can conquer byz or someone else into the sea to gain more money or else, they will always have disadvantage
    Sofia, Isai, and Kiev have access to the oceans. I'm telling you mofo, play Hungary and you will see. I though like you once but then I tried them and I am hooked.

Lol the Ottomans when you think about it almost took over the world so many times. Vienna, Belgrade, Russia.

However I think this time will be different.

Mosques in Rome anyone? Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
    Lol the Ottomans when you think about it almost took over the world so many times. Vienna, Belgrade, Russia.

However I think this time will be different.

Mosques in Rome anyone? Lmao
    i played as muslim faction so many times and never thought of that hmm wonder why?

Viscount In TWC