Thread: Military Access

Default Military Access

I noticed yesterday in a multiplayer game that (I think it was Will playing as Saxony) complained that foriegn troops were marching across his lands without military access.

I'm having the same problem now farting around on a singleplayer game as Wurtzburg (sp?). Anyone know what the hell that's all about?

TYIA
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Default Re: Military Access

I've noticed sometimes in wars I can cross foriegn lands without MA, like as Austria I crossed some Burgundian land to reach an enemy just minutes ago. When you're at war the rules seem... loose. Perhaps someone with the manual can enlighten us further.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Spart's Avatar Senator

*Digs up the manual from the trashcan*

Ehem..

Page 101, movement restrictions, a short summary:
    -Can enter own provinces or provinces occupied by no one.
    -Can't enter open water, except with ships (duh)
    -Can't enter foreign territory, unless you're at war, you have military access, or the foreign nation is your vassal.

That's about it..

*Tosses the manual back to the paper bin*
    Last edited by Spart; June 13, 2007 at 02:58 PM.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

All of this seems to be happening in HRE territory. I had the same thing when i played Austria, but it was i who managed to walk across everyones land. The countries in the HRE though. So maybe the emperor can also move troops across other HRE countries? Anyone tried it? Could just be a bug, but i've always seen it happen in the HRE.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    -Can't enter foreign territory, unless you're at war, you have military access, or the foreign nation is your vassal.
    Is it worded like that? Interesting. Perhaps any nation at war can enter foriegn territory. (Note how it doesn't say that you are at war with the provinces owner, just that you are at war.)

We should run some tests with this.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander View Post
    All of this seems to be happening in HRE territory. I had the same thing when i played Austria, but it was i who managed to walk across everyones land. The countries in the HRE though. So maybe the emperor can also move troops across other HRE countries? Anyone tried it? Could just be a bug, but i've always seen it happen in the HRE.
    I think the emperor does have a right of access across all of them. I believe they had the same in EU2.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Indefinitely Banned

That has happened to me. And I'm quite sure that, yes, it was because I was Holy Roman Emperor.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

You can enter enemy territory when at war, allied territory (without being granted military access) when at war, or anyone's territory at any time if you have been granted military access. bada-bing!

When the emperor of HRE is at war, he and his allies can march thru all HRE-lands, but also his enemies can.
    We march, march, march
    we fight, fight, fight
    we die, die, die
    we rule!!!