Thread: How did KK change general's experience?

Default How did KK change general's experience?

I really like how KK made the player's general gain experience SLOWLY, and how he gave AI generals' extra experience. I would like to add this to Darthmod 1.4 I'm currently playing, could anyone tell me how to do this? Which file controls these setting?

Thanks!

Default Re: How did KK change general's experience?

descr_traits.txt

how is gaining experience slow a good thing? since when? i'd rather have it FAST

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    how is gaining experience slow a good thing? since when? i'd rather have it FAST
    I think the concept is that the poor AI is handicapped enough without having to face high command rated generals in the hands of the human player.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

agreed

Hi Lord Wedggie,

Well, the trait system is actually from the BBB mod and there the human player gains command stars slower than the AI.
    Actually I also agree with aduellist and Germanicus that it is actually not a bad thing that you gain command stars relatively slow.
    However, many people complained about that and so I think Dearmad and Pnutmaster have increased the chances to gain command stars in BBB 2.0...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

thanks guys! KK I agree too, I wanted to slow down experience gain, not to speed it up

so there are a lot of people who do not feel the battles are too easy? wow, i envy them

i want it to speed up, can anyone tell me the file to edit?

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    i want it to speed up, can anyone tell me the file to edit?
    export_descr_character_traits
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by aduellist View Post
    export_descr_character_traits
    How exactly do you increase the % chance to gain CP's? Do I Increase the Treshold? I'm currently on Trait GoodCommander at export_descr_character_traits.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

question for king kong: is there any way in MTW2 how to make AI priority to attack human rather then killing other fellow AIs?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BuchVecny View Post
    question for king kong: is there any way in MTW2 how to make AI priority to attack human rather then killing other fellow AIs?
    Yeah play on VH/VH

ya, vh/vh, they will all turn on you at a certain point, to me, it's always the damned venice, which i vassaled them