Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

Great work again!
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

is ramthas mini-mod compatible with the new update?

p.s. great mod
    Watch my RTW commentaries here: http://www.youtube.com/MattofRome
    Quote Originally Posted by America
    Killing us just makes us stronger

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

was wondering that. i dont think so. i got a ctd at very battle, and them when i tryto do campaign or battle

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

No. Ramtha's mini-mod is only compatible with version 1. Since more regions and units have been added in version 2.

Ramtha, if I remember correctly, all of the new regions were added under timuridsrebels##, russiarebels##, normansrebels## and saxonsrebels##. I don't recall creating any regions elsewhere. The new units were just added to the ends of the EDU and appropriate strings file.

Paul d, the reason there are so many (identical) cities and few castles is because I copied and pasted a generic template to create them. My next step is to customize every settlement with different populations, garrisons and buildings. For your story ideas, feel free to edit the files in the text folder. You can create any storyline you like and release it as a mini mod - I will be happy to create a link for it on the main page, like Ramtha's mod.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

Good news.
    But several questions.
    1st, I assume if I copy/past the new modelcgf units to older 1 it will work?
    2nd, it's not save game compatible as i was using Ramtha minimod?
    I played like 45 turns in a row without a single cdt (The floating castLe could be taken like any other 1, lol) so I think V1+ Ramtha minimod is pretty safe so dont know if I should try the new version before Ramtha adapts His minimod to it.
    However as it is easy to create a new mod lancher probably will end doing that just to see the new map and how You worked the edu+battle ai (Ramtha did a grat job regarding that, I'm having long sieges where Ai defeated Me lots of times and uses various paths while defending).
    Last edited by Gen_Lee; June 18, 2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: .

Gen_Lee, yes to question 1, you can paste the new modelsdb entries into the older version, or possibly just replace the old one (assuming you are using the same file as was included in the first release), since the new one only adds new stuff and changes nothing else. The new entries are under fast pony (I think), crossbow mercenaries and mounted crossbows (specific names in the EDU). You can copy the last two entries from the unit strings file in the text folder into Ramtha's version. There are some new unit card images added to the Formosan folder that can be copied over too.

For question 2, yes, since the map has been modified, unfortunately, it will no longer work with the old version.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

Hi Gundug, my current campaign as formosans crashed at turn 41, on the rebel's turn. I tried reloading the previous saved files as well as the autosave but game still crashed. Then i did a number of tests with other factions:
    1) formosans, crashed at turn 41 (rebels turn)
    2) HRE, crashed at turn 41 (rebels turn)
    3) england, crashed at turn 41 (rebels turn)
    4) mongols, at turn 53 and game is still running fine.

Formosans was my campaign. HRE and england and mongols were tests. (kept pressing end turn for faster result)
    Mongol's campaign did not crash up till now. Hope you can look into the matter. I want to play this mod.

Thanks

I will take a look at that this evening. Crashes have been my worst fear with this map. It was brutal up to a couple months ago - I could get around 2 to 20 turns before a crash.

Since the second release, I have only had the time to playtest up to a few turns. For future releases, I will have to take the time to check for this kind of problem.

I was able to run the previous version to 170+ turns with no crashes before making further changes to the map, so I'm guessing it has something to do with either the resources or new units.

If there were problems with the resources, then one shouldn't even be able to launch the campaign right? I've got some errors showing some resources on invalid tiles, but game did not crash when i launched the campaign. As for the new units, i've tested them out. They are fine, besides, problematic units won't cause sudden crashes in the campaign map, only in battles. Hope you can find the root of the problem fast.

Thanks

so much for my hre campaign that was going good...

p.s. Kelvintyk, didnt you have 700 posts a week ago

Hi medivalmatt, you suffered a crash too?
    Anyways, my 700th post was like 2 days ago

Ramtha, if I remember correctly, all of the new regions were added under timuridsrebels##, russiarebels##, normansrebels## and saxonsrebels##. I don't recall creating any regions elsewhere. The new units were just added to the ends of the EDU and appropriate strings file.
    k thanks for that info.

I'll convert it to the new version perhaps this wednesday.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

*might be a double I had a connection problem*

thanks for that info, I'll convert it to the new version perhaps this wednesday.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

actually my hre campaign is on turn 25 or so, ill post if i get past turn 41 or if i get a ctd.

I changed the modelbdf file to make use of Juggernawt English Redressed 1.1
    Topic:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90014
    Link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1252
    Update 1.1
    http://files.filefront.com//;7060282;;/
    And
    DisgruntledGoat's One Faction at a Time Project Byzantium:
    Topic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93544
    Link
    http://files.filefront.com/One_Facti.../fileinfo.html

Both mods are required to be indtaled on Otherworld data folder and also need to change otherworld.cgf adding this lines to top:
    [io]
    file_first = true

Gundug it's already a big map,
    and a small sugestion, you could use resources from shogun total war (icons, pictures by example the ones concerning the temples). I'm sure you'll manage to get some.

Hey, anyone else suffered a ctd at around turn 40 or so??

Hi Gundug, i managed to solve the problem already. Don't think there is a problem with your map.

Cheers

Hello Kelvintyk, I'm glad to hear that it's working now. I ran 82 turns with the Formosans last night with no problem. With the new provinces, resources and other changes, the game is radically different from the previous versions I was used to. It was really fun - the Aztecs took over at least 1/3 of the large Western Continent and were hassling Supra almost every other turn from 40 on.

I was going to do another test tonight, but now I'll return to working on the map. I have to fix the poorly placed resources and finish the ground types soon.

Stratego, I plan on making a separate mini mod with a full radar map (really, just a couple of resized images), for those who would prefer it. I do not own Shogun: Total War - it could be something for me to check out though. I have the other two games, so there could be some good stuff to borrow from them.
    Last edited by Gundug; June 19, 2007 at 06:40 AM.