Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

Default Re: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

Do you plan to add resources to the map at all?
    And by the way, it would be great to see the entire map on the radar, not a fraction like now.
    (and yes i tried to press the zoom out button )
    Another thing. I played with the formosans and noticed that the farm upgrades do not give a boost to the population growth.
    Anyway your idea with a fantasy world is great.
    Last edited by Stratego; June 16, 2007 at 03:25 PM.

and we are five on this forum?
    Last edited by Stratego; June 16, 2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: i'm a newbie and i'm repeating myself

Hopefull will be more
    This mod deserves it.

A castle in Heaven!!!

The castle is the rebel 1 on the island where england starts.
    Ps, I think the trick to play with ramtha minimod is to change the cities to castles and start recruiting good units, as the milicia 1 are simply abnocioux (And I think that's the idea of the Auhor)
    I love the reduced nr of solders per unit as I can watch much more in detail each melee, it seems that the less the nr of solders involved the details increased, lol)

Ramtha I cant conquest a rebel town!!!
    I tried with full stacks of basic units (gunman, pikes and so on, avaiable as Hre) for 6 times (meaning I atacked, got defeated, regrouped, retrained and atacked again) all sieges started this way, On ai turn the rebels broke the siege, I had to drop the ladders or whatever, and as soon as the enemy atacked My damned coward troups broke and run away.
    My gunmen resist a little more on skirmish but all 6 combats ended that way!!!
    Whatever units are on that town, they are making my units look like clowns.
    I had to give a break as i was getting mad

Ok, i opened Edu with and understand why, Halberd militia with 1 moral! (and a lot more).
    Sp despite having lots of units avaiable from start seems to me that the trick is just developing buildings in order to obtain the really good ones.
    the low morale of most units that are not elite creates a realism to it, in battle in any era men do not fight fearlessly, when they are frightened they will run away.

"Chain routing" is implimented in this way which makes it more realistic.
    But I did make a minimod (2nd one) where elites are available from the start, you may want to try that.

And guys try not to give any credit to me, without gundug's map and idea/creation we wouldn't have 98% of why this mod is so good.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

I'm enjoying your choices.
    Still others' may think otherwyse so probably will be better to upload the 2nd 1.
    And I didnt forget about Gundug, He did an oustanding job, the map is amazing and the idea was one I was dreaming about since Mtw2 release, a Fantasy Tc.
    Just hope He can integrate some fantasy units I think already avaiable, or interest others mods with those skills to create/allow to use them (Amazons, any want them? I do, lol)
    Last edited by Gen_Lee; June 16, 2007 at 06:21 PM.

(Amazons, any want them? I do, lol)
    I don't think it would be cool to add an actual myth or fantasy.

I think a better idea would be to add fantasies that are completely made up by us.

For example:
    Don't add dragons, griffons, gargoyles, nagas, gods, that came from real peoples, meaning invented by real peoples such as greeks, romans, indians, etc...

how about adding something like a "Tutenkilt"?

Have you ever heard of it? Most likely no, because I made the word up! lol

And we all just give suggestions like that...that is to say if we will add the fantasy units.

So further example a tutenkilt is maybe a two headed elephant?

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

hows aboot a liotaur? man,with lion head. hee hee

EzE's Avatar Libertus

What is wrong with Amazons? I think it would be great to have giant women to have to deal with - fine don't call them Amazons call them...Shiants (She Giants). They could have male princes and husbands that act like the current females in the game - no value unless they are married. It would add a twist that has not been taken yet. Nothing obscene but Warrior women that would actually put up a fight against the men - until Gunpowder comes along!!!
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

What is wrong with Amazons? I think it would be great to have giant women to have to deal with - fine don't call them Amazons call them...Shiants (She Giants). They could have male princes and husbands that act like the current females in the game - no value unless they are married. It would add a twist that has not been taken yet. Nothing obscene but Warrior women that would actually put up a fight against the men - until Gunpowder comes along!!!
    I'm refering to the idea that we should be more creative than that.

To add in something like amazons, or devils, dragons...there's no creativeness in that.

It also would give it more of a silly feel to it, people would see it and say "oh dragons, amazons...typical..."

But if we made something like "Nivichieres", and that could be maybe a humanoid shape, looks like a human, except it is red...then that would make it like "wow, crap what is this crazy thing?! This dude looks fierce!"

I guess that's just my opinion though.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Gundug will be adding new resources and the new map will be released soon, i reckon. I think Gundug had better take a look at the "floating castle" too.
    Fantasy creatures? Gundug did say that he may implement a few but not after he finishes the main things as mentioned in the first few posts.

Say, i haven't seen Gundug online for awhile, any idea where he is?

EzE's Avatar Libertus

I just like the new map for now - whatever comes in the future is OK with me - I will play with anything that adds a new twist to things. It gets boring playing in Europe all the time. I like hte fact that you have to have a navy to actually win. I agree with what one of you posted earlier - beef up some of the natural defenses and the mountains on the islands to make some of the land formations strongholds that only have one entrance. That would make those pieces of land more enticing for your capital. Also a sort of Treasure island was also a great idea. Load up your merchants and be the first to the island. It would also be nice if that island only had one entrance to the horde and you could block it with one of your armies to prevent the other merchants from getting in there and "siezing your assets".

No matter what - this is my favorite map right now to play - I just need to come up with an original idea to actually add something to it like the rest of you.

Please keep up the good work - this is a great mod - have you thought of making any Sigs yet? - It might help with spreading the word for this mod.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Haha Eze, glad to have you as one of us. Actually Gundug hasn't really done up his sigs yet. So i suppose we can spread the message through our mouths. Seize every opportunity and recommend this mod.

I second your thought too, i've been fighting in europe likr for the past 2 years. Boring it can get.....
    But this mod here can relieve us from the boredom.YEEEHAAA

In accordance to the beefed up mountain formations, the final build (map) would prove to be a great challenge to the human player.

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

yeah, i would like to see more canyons and mtns, will kind of remind me of mordor from LOTR.

Hi paul, you are a lotr fan too? Same here.
    The uruk-hai's rock....wish they were in this mod.

Hey Gundug, i wanna make a music mod for this. I will be adding in lotr and a few fantasy tracks. Wonder if thats ok with you.

Tutenkilt

A Tutenkilt is a small kangaroo like animal that purely prey. The average life-span of a Tutenkilt is about 3 days. It either starves to death or is killed by another animal. Not one Tutenkilt has been seen "eating" anything.

That was the deffinition I found in the "dictionary"

Vorge

Did you like my post? If so + rep please

Thanks for the explanation vorge. But hey, isn't 3 days too short a lifespan?
    *counts fingers* thats just a mere 72 hours!! Not even enough for me to finish fighting a few battles in mtw2.

Tutenkilt

A Tutenkilt is a small kangaroo like animal that purely prey. The average life-span of a Tutenkilt is about 3 days. It either starves to death or is killed by another animal. Not one Tutenkilt has been seen "eating" anything.

That was the deffinition I found in the "dictionary"

Vorge
    Are you ****ing serious? lmao

Well I wasn't kidding that I made the word up on my own...what a coincidence. Honestly I never heard of that word before. lol