Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

Default Re: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

Maybe i'm late posting, but Gundug, is it possible for you or someone to create a submod for this that adds units like the Order Spearmen, or Morgannwg spearmen? I like those,
    Last edited by NexusCron; July 20, 2010 at 12:55 AM.

It's been a long time since I messed with this game, but I recall having a version of the Morgannwg spearmen in the last release of the mod, I believe as mercenaries in some regions. I can't remember what Order Spearmen looked like though, or if I made any use of them. I was working on the mod a while back with a different damage model and improved map but never released it. If there's any interest, I can see about making it ready for release - assuming I can still find it on my hard drive.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

Sure, I'd like that, and Order Spearmen are the plate armored spearmen of the Teutonic Order. The order spearmen should be added to the teutonic order retinue like the Ritterbruder and Halbbruder are, along with the other knights. But If I knew how to mod, without making stuff crash, I'd do it myself.

You could Email it.
    Last edited by NexusCron; July 20, 2010 at 05:08 PM.

It turns out that the game is apparently still installed on my machine with the mod intact. I'll look into releasing what I have done whenever I get the chance to do so. I'll probably get some free time this weekend.

If you want to try adding any units you like, you just need to deal with export_descr_unit.txt and export_descr_buildings.txt under the data folder, export_units.txt in the data\text folder, battle_models.modeldb in the data\models folder and the various images related to the units found under data\ui\units and data\ui\unit_info. If you take a look under the modding tutorials, you can learn how each of the files work.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

Nevermind, it seems I found the Morgannwg spearmen available when I played as the english for the first time in otherworld, usually play as HRE.
    I apologize thoroughly both for not paying attention and not looking, and for any inconveniences I caused.

They will do just fine, since I don't have to have the Order Spearmen.
    Last edited by NexusCron; July 21, 2010 at 02:53 AM.

Mugg's Avatar Semisalis

nice mod!

Wrath of the Norsemen Researcher and Historian and Second Age Total War 2D Helper

Thanks for the compliment, Housecarl. NexusCron, I'm glad you found the unit, and there was no inconvenience, so no apology is necessary. Since it seems that at least a couple of people may be playing the mod, I'll dig out the files for the next release that I had been working on some time back. I know the map was heavily revised, with improved shorelines, elevations and regions, but I can't remember how playable it was. If not too much work is involved getting it to run, I'll release it as soon as possible, with a version of the Order Spearmen included.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

I still think it is most innovative map ever made for MTWII, a throusand bravo's

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Also, is there some reason why some factions like the dorian monarchy, and Litriok Dynasty never expand?

Thanks TheFirstOneill. NexusCron, it depends on the game, although it is true that they tend to stay put. The worst offender is the Brotherhood of Wutis. It was something I was working on with my revised map.

Btw, the faction that replaces Sicily? It has no bio, i seriously checkd before saying this.

I believe there was a syntax error in the writeup, so it doesn't display in that release. As an update, I have started work on the new version, but unfortunately the map requires a good deal of finishing. It will be weeks before I expect it to be finished. On the plus side, the map should be much more interesting and better looking. A couple of other factions have been made playable, although they have limited unit selections.

HEy gundug, how's it going? I just am curious

Hello NexusCron, I haven't found much time in the past weeks for modding, or even gaming, since something happened in my life that has been of greater importance. I'm sorry to disappoint, I simply no longer have hours in the evening to sit in front of the computer.

Ah, it happens.

I know nothing has been posted about this mod in a while, but it was my favorite while playing ages ago and would love to pick it back up. Having to re-buy the game on steam, I am at a loss for how to get it working with steam. If anyone had any help or ideas, that would be greatly appreciated. I have tried this method, and was unsuccessful http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...32#post5893232, or maybe I am just doing it wrong. Thanks

Hello Rickilicious, I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the mod. I'm sorry about the issue with getting it to work under Steam. I did some research into it, but ended up at the same page you referenced. If you could give it another shot, maybe you will have better luck. Check for syntax errors in what you type. Good luck!

This link should help steam users, thanks to Gigantus and Squid:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461

Nice