Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

the Byzantines story is gonna be a doozy, since i mentioned them existing a little over 700 years earlier. I'm about 400 years into their conquest history.

only 3 factions have ever held a huge empire, and only one has sustained it, the Ferzek(rus)(in part because of my affinity towards em, the boyars and dvors are so cool and ass kicking, in both looks and skill.)

The Men of Ferzek at their Height 9 E.N.:

the Mongol/timurids(culvethian/arlian) had one, but civil war broke it.

the Arlethian empire at its height:~400 E.N.

The namekian empire

the namekian empire at its height: 223 E.N.

story to be completed.

perhaps start in another year, gundug? how about 146A.D., and we could say that the Ritterick nations were formally aligned under the overlord(pope), and until then they were just uneasy neighbors.
    Last edited by Paul d; June 24, 2007 at 11:15 PM.

can ramtha's mod be compatible with .o3?

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

No not yet. Its for version 2.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    perhaps start in another year, gundug? how about 146A.D., and we could say that the Ritterick nations were formally aligned under the overlord(pope), and until then they were just uneasy neighbors.
    No problem regarding changing the starting year - I'll set it to 146 (or whatever you decide on) for future releases.

If anyone who is playing release 3 could let me know about the rebel spawning in their campaign, it would be appreciated. I'm looking for definite confirmation that they are appearing correctly and not causing any problems.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

ok for year it will be 36 A.D? that seems fairly early, and leaves room for a possibilty of Empire remnants without having been wiped out.

The Brotherhood of Wutis(Denmark)
    The Strange brooding lands of the far northeast harbour many strange peoples and cultures.The continent was first found in 164 E.N., but it was deemed uninhabitable by namekian people. Its natives were simply too savage to subdue, and the harsh lands too cold for farming! After the great Riterick rebellion, one of its nations took root here.The Ritterick nation of Wutis, or the Brotherhood of Wutis, is known well because of its government system; tribal council. Started in 16 A.D. by colonists from the Corlagon Empire, Its people are good seafarers, and are skilled in the wielding of both axe and sword. They are known for their unique culture, for they have stayed true to the old ways of life that date before the Namekian Empire. This also puts them at a disadvantage, as it hampers their ability to sustain imperialistic views, as long as they are divided among tribes.
    Perhaps eliminating the even more strange people to the north will unite the tribes, and allow them to view conquests across the seas. After all, they reached this continent by sea; they could certainly leave by sea!
    Last edited by Paul d; June 25, 2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: adding text

Quote Originally Posted by Gundug View Post
    If anyone who is playing release 3 could let me know about the rebel spawning in their campaign, it would be appreciated. I'm looking for definite confirmation that they are appearing correctly and not causing any problems.
    Rebels seem to be spawning fine.

Egypt however is giving me a CTD at the end of turn 43, playing as the Mongols. I've made a few changes but i doubt any of them would cause the crash:

-Made all units 1 turn to recruit
    -Changed most construction times back to the vanilla ones.
    -Moved the Mongol starting position to the very SW corner of the map

I'm gonna see if i can get around it by disabling the ai.

yeah the recruitment is a HORRIBLE event, i usually spam militia spears.

4 turns for horse archers! gah!

by the way, i have completed the editing of the map for the campaign menu. it is somewhat blighted, but it serves the purpose.
    Last edited by Paul d; June 25, 2007 at 10:11 PM.

I found a problem with the Papal States elections, maybe related to the horde code. I'm getting rid of it for future releases.

Regarding the recruitment and build times, certainly, feel free to change them however you like. There are 1000 turns available in the campaign though...

Paul d, the map preview you have created is looking pretty good. I have been working on a textured version with labels and other gimmicks. I'm working on improving the visuals in general, and hope to get rid of the castle logo for the Formosans by the next release.
    Last edited by Gundug; June 26, 2007 at 07:20 AM.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

ok, but i think that high recruitment times encourages the spamming of militias.

i also finished 2 more stories, but i am lazy to type so i will post later.
    Last edited by Paul d; June 26, 2007 at 01:25 PM.

I think you are correct about that the spamming of militias. I noticed the slave faction in particular likes to fill locations with spearmen. What I dislike is huge armies of knights and other special units, like it's nothing to train and equip elite soldiers. A good balance somewhere in between would be great. The recruitment system is something I will keep working on.

Having said that, Ramtha's minimod for Otherworld already makes huge changes to the system, and that is where your stories are going to be implemented (I think - I haven't heard from him in a little while). Now that I think of it, the starting date change you suggested should be made there too, since it ties in with the storylines and factions he has created.

ok i edited my campaign to be twice as long.

speakin of stories i have typed anutter one, i write em all with pen an paper, and type after.

The Empire of Corlagon

The Empire of corlagon has an unusual history, similar to water; it evaporates, pours down suddenly, but yet, it Always exists. In other words, the empire seemed to have always existed, though never noted by any other historical documents. But it clearly did exist, as it has some of the oldest written records in the world, that predate even Namekia itself! They also record the time at which the Namekians rose, and the approximate time they fell. The Overlord has raised the issue of forgery, as the Empire of Corlagon has been little mentioned, if at all, by other nations' texts. Supposedly, they lived as a vassal to Namekia, ruling their island peacefully. That is the only evidence of Corlagon from foreign data. They soon faded from history, but in 151 E.N., they arose once again, and quite suddenly too. Fielding a mixed force of Heavy Cavalry, and Heavy infantry, with some auxiliary cavalry and archers, their armies were a deadly force.In fact, almost all of the Ritterick nations tried to model their armies after the Military force of Corlagon.
    They soon declared independence from Namekia, and overthrew their overlordship. They are also responsible for rousing to action the Blue banner, the Vilikons,and the Knights of Mierro, by sending funds and soldiers to aid them. Soon after the Corlagonians used their troops in the central continent to wrest it from the natives and local peoples. This event is questionable at best, as during the years this happened, 25 E.N., the overlord hasd much, if not undisputed control over the Corlagonian aristocracy. He indeed would not use the Corlagonians to harm fellow Rittericks! Or perhaps he did. The foundng of the Overlordship is a tale of mistrust, rivalry, and betrayal. The same overlord is still in power. The Corlagonians are under his umbrella, which is both good and bad; they are protected by his leadership, but he also limits them to stagnation. any intelligent Corlagonian Emperor would be sure to expel him from the island. however much force is needed. the repercussions are great as well. He will undoubtedly seem sanction within other Ritterick nations borders, but they are nothing the corlagonian armies cannot handle.
    So the options are these; forge an unmatched empire, set on subduing the other Ritterick nations,
    or slowly building up to challenge the Namekian remnants, or the dynastid peoples to the southeast. Both are profitable, but neither are without war. so which path will their emperor take?
    Last edited by Paul d; July 27, 2007 at 05:36 PM.

A quick update. I have made a number of changes to the mod, including a new fully realized pagan temple building tree, new artwork, revised rebel spawns and numerous fixes to the map - unfortunately previous saves will not be compatible, so I apologize for the inconvenience.

I have created a new logo for the Formosan faction and implemented it in the strategy map, but that change appears to be causing random lock ups when clicking on buttons, so may not be included in the next release.

A new version should be available sometime this weekend (6.30 - 7.1).

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Cut out the spamming guys.

Why is this spamming?... Im confused.

Did you like my post? If so + rep please

Quote Originally Posted by Vorge View Post
    Why is this spamming?... Im confused.
    Perhaps there are too many posts on personal chat rather than focusing on the thread topic.

I believe the spamming issue Trajan is referring to relates to a couple of now-deleted posts that were bumping the thread - I hope not the thread in general.

Release 0.04 has been uploaded to the usual sites. I had planned on working more and releasing it tomorrow (07.01), but it's a Formula 1 weekend and I will also be busy on other chores. This new version is not save compatible with previous versions, and I apologize for that. The main reason is due to new Pagan church buildings, which were necessary - the single giant temple was far too limiting. Since the mod was no longer compatible at that point, I also made some less-critical but welcome improvements to the map regarding initial religion levels and rebel sub-faction ownership of provinces.

The rebel spawns have been changed to show more variety in army size, and composition varies more per region. The Papal faction no longer has horde code, which may resolve an issue with Papal elections - that has yet to be tested. I also included additional armor upgrades for some of the bodyguard units - simply adding the late versions to the early entries. This has not been tested in the campaign yet, but works fine in quick battles. I have not done any serious balance tests to see if they are overpowered with the last upgrades or not, but they look cool.

There is also some new artwork, and I have done a bit of retexturing on a couple Formosan units (bodyguard and javelinmen). The new Formosan logo is in the game menus, but due to some lockup issues, the strategy map logos are not included, and I'm using the rebel logo in place of the default castle and "1" logos.

I'm including the lates modeldbf file to use with English redressed v1.1 + Dg 1 faction at a time, Bysantium and Otherworld v.04
    Also can con firm that the addon Mentor mod+ pnv naval battles 1.1 is full compatible with v0.4
    Last edited by Gen_Lee; July 01, 2007 at 04:03 AM.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Hi there
    Nice Mod Gundug, I orginally just downloaded it as I wanted to put the new Aztec units in my own SS mini mod for minor factions, but have found myself playing it more and more.

Had a thought would ramtha be able to make a deathmatch version of the mod, where you start off with random armies in random provinces.

I thought the way each campagin would be different ,now that you are no longer tied to historical fact

Just a thought , great work !!
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; July 01, 2007 at 04:34 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Hi there
    Nice Mod Gundug, I orginally just downloaded it as I wanted to put the new Aztec units in my own SS mini mod for minor factions, but have found myself playing it more and more.

Had a thought would ramtha be able to make a deathmatch version of the mod, where you start off with random armies in random provinces.

I thought the way each campagin would be different ,now that you are no longer tied to historical fact

Just a thought , great work !!
    As for the deathmatch version, you could always do it yourself. It ain't alot of work.

New Edu for Otherworld v0.4
    It's the equivalent of the Real combat release candidate v1.2, adapted for the mod.
    Formosian units had their numbers, costs and so on changed to be equivalent to similar units from other factions.
    For instance Formosian bodyguard is similar to Dvor mounted cavalry and so on (I use as guide the armour_ug_models to find the equivalent units, then changed the settings to match those ones).
    For better results this Edu should be used with GrandViz Ulitmate battle ai v1.0 files.
    Just install those 1st and then the Edu.
    For security, pls make a bakup of original Otherworld v0.4 files that wil be replaced.