Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Gundug's Otherworld Mod

so is it plausible? gonna make one for the Aztecs soon.

Children of the Light storyline:
    The Children of the Light are a strange people, and some even say, direct descendants of the gods.They are almost slaves of their religion, Expanding only when they receive an "omen" from the gods. But this does not negate their skills as warriors. They are fanatical in battle, almost to a point of Lunacy!
    They were first known of by 17 E.N. when Namekian explorers first set foot on their island empire. The Namekians had engaged them in friendly diplomacy, and built the colony of Firebird on the Island. But fate would not be so kind to the Namekians. The High priest had stated, that the gods were displeased to have "Infidels" in the land, so the Children of the Light entered Firebird, Killed all of its inhabitants, Burned all its ships and port, and left the city abandoned,as a reminder to any who would set foot on their holy island. Even now, This rule is being defied, and a small rebellion has gained control of the region. Perhaps after th rebellion is dealt with, the gods will send a message that the Children of the Light would be destined to rule the world...
    Last edited by Paul d; June 22, 2007 at 10:55 PM.

Yes paul D, if you look in the text file expanded, you can see the names of them.

But there is a few requests I have about you doing this if you don't mind...

The Arlian Hordes, and Culvethian Hordes, need to be made the most feared and fierce warriors. No matter what. (timurids and mongols)

The Namekian Empire was once the ruler of the planet, they owned everyone until a great rebellion happened...they are an extremely civilized people. (byzantines)

And the Corlagon Empire, has the greatest history out of all the nations, they were the most famous of all empires. (germans)

And the planet that these peoples live on, all the factions, and the map is called "Gogatuk", thus the rebels were renamed to "The Armies of Gogatuk"

the rest is up to you...but I just really would like if you included those things.

And I eventually will rename all the rest of the units, I renamed most of them, but I will get to the rest.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

then i will change the "Harmonizans to Namekians. =)

The Arlain and Culvethian Hordes:

Once rulers of a vast western realm during the days of the Namekian empire right before its height, they have now been whittled down to warring successor states of the Arlathian Empire of the Western Continent. It started in the year 445 E.N., when their emperor Beretek united the tribes of Southern Moravia(the Western Continent.) He led their warriors to many victories, and a few defeats, and out of shame and anger, he led into a bloodlust that would stain his people forever. but not in a bad way, as many would expect. It made the country almost obsessed with war, and when they were not fighting foreigners, they were often fighting eachother.A Namekian scholar once stated in the year 336 E.N. "The Hordes of Arlians and Culvethians are so powerful and numerous, They could rule the world if they could stop their infighting!"
    They had quickly become the Greatest empire of the West, and they toppled even quicker. When the Men of Ferzekinvaded the northern realm, and when the Namekians migrated into what would now be Formosa. Their king died, he lacked a proper heir, and the empire split in two, one favoring the nephew of the king, and the other favoring his surrogate son.
    The Arlians and Culvethians are very much alike, being renowned as the most warlike and brave soldiers in the world.
    That said, if one horde or the other triumphs in battle, they could regain their holdings and perhaps become the greatest land of the west once again...
    Last edited by Paul d; June 24, 2007 at 11:17 PM.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Nice stories there. Are you a scriptwriter?

uhh no. I like to "make **** up."(erm without lying)

actually, I have always enjoyed writing, and reading, and I have written alot of AAR's for LOTR mods.

I also made a huge mini=campaign,(for Empire Earth) revolving around a fantasy world such as this.

ALSO! The Original texts for the Factions in M2:TW unmodded are also a good source. just chop it up, and glue it back together just with different names etc.
    Last edited by Paul d; June 22, 2007 at 10:58 PM.

LOTR mod? I suppose that was version 1.2? I am waiting for the next version workable with rtw 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by kelvintyk View Post
    LOTR mod? I suppose that was version 1.2? I am waiting for the next version workable with rtw 1.5.
    Me also, I just loved the units on v1.2.
    http://www.lotrtw.com/
    But don't forget the midlle earth total war mod.
    And End of Days, another fantasy tc for Rtw.

Nah, still waiting for LOTR 1.5. I have an unwavering faith towards LOTR. I'm their big-time fan.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Quote Originally Posted by kelvintyk View Post
    OT: Did you know that there is more than one LotR mod ?

The most respectable are:

- The Fourth Age: Total War About the fourth age of Middle-earth. Keeps to the lore
    -
    Middle-earth: Total WarAbout the late third age of Middle-earth. Keeps to the lore
    - Lord of the Rings: Total WarAbout the late third age of Middle-earth.Uses the lore to fill in gaps and uses the movie desings

And for M2TW there is the still in progress Middle-earth: Map Project :wink:

But hey, this is the Otherworld thread, no place for shameless advertising

W

Middle-earth total war? There isn't even any download links for it. What version is it for anyway?
    Btw, Gundug, when will the next map be ready?

woot FA:TW fourth Eorlingas!!!

also, there is an almost supreme mod for Mount&blade called The Last Days that makes the prewar setting of the third age, and soon you end up tryin to help the war effort.

Alright we seem to steering way too far off topic. Gundug's otherworld thread becomes LOTR?
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

hells yeah!

anyway will post another story for another kingdom, prolly the Byz(namekians)

Ok, another addon to Otherworld.
    As usual I just adapted the texts to work with it.
    All credits go to:
    Mentor Mod - created by fahrenheit
    Topic:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106146

And
    Naval vnv addon mini-mod v1.1 by Hephaistos.
    Topic:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101063

All files needed are included on the zip.
    Place the folder data on Otherworld/data folder (None of the orginal files form otherworld is affected, therefore no need to backup, Also it seems none of Ramtha excelent minimod will be replaced also).

Thanks gen.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

I have a new minimod, this minimod makes characters/agents/armies move about 4 times greater, and it makes ships move about 9 times greater distance. As this is a huge map, this immense increase in movement rates will make the mod better.
    To install, download from here...
    http://files.filefront.com/movementr.../fileinfo.html

Then extract the file to your mtw2/otherworld/data directory.

And gundug, in your first post, you have an outdated link to the description of my minomod, could you say where it sais "get the full story here..."
    Give it this link...as it gives the updated info.
    http://twcenter.net/forums/showpost....&postcount=163

thanks in advance.
    Original Creator of Renaissance Total War (MTW2)
    Creator of Medieval Classic (MTW2)
    Maker of Instant Tech Mod (ETW)
    Maker of Infinite Money Campaign (ETW)
    Maker of Blockbuster Music Mod (ETW):
    http://www.2shared.com/file/5209733/...Music_Mod.html
    A Top Contributor of the Downloads Section
    Under the Patronage of Selenius4tsd

I have uploaded the latest version of LOTR... I mean Otherworld r. 0.03. (I can't believe I actually used one of those smiley face things) This should contain the last of the map changes, as long as no problems are found, or adjustments necessary. The details can be found on the first page.

Ramtha, I have updated the links and I think everything is fine now. For the latest release, I changed the Formosan Crossbow Militia (I think they were in 0.02) to Formosan Crossbowmen and adjusted some recruitment options for the Formosans in the EDB. I also added Formosan Horse Archers. There should be nothing to worry about as far as provinces, since I did not add any. I did make a fix there, but it should not require you to make any changes.

Paul d, I like your storylines. They are quite a bit more creative than "There are expansion options to the North...". That, combined with Ramtha's fantasy factions is going to result in a cool mod.

Thank you for taking the time to adapt the other mods and make them available here, Gen_Lee.
    Check out my Otherworld mod: A big fantasy map for Medieval 2, new playable factions and more! -Release 7 is now available-

The addon with Mentor mod and pnv naval mod 1.1 can be used safely with V3.
    However the modelsbattle file that I did to work with English redressed cannot be used with v3.
    I'll try to update it asap.
    Last edited by Gen_Lee; June 24, 2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: .

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Downloading right now- looks awesome- and im going to give the aztecs saxon troops and reskin them- lolz....

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Ok, the new battle_models is ready.
    Is to be used with the mods: English redressed v1.1 and Dg 1 faction at a time bysatium.
    Both mods are required to be instaled on Otherworld/data/unit models.