Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Aragon - Update2

Default Re: Preview of Aragon - Update2

Quote Originally Posted by Yuiis View Post
    Lol...

All my efforts are futile...I'll have to resign and admit that my way of explaining things is horrible...

My last try will be mathematical :

Kingdom of Aragon+County of Barcelona= Crown of Aragon

From this one we could get the following equations:

County of Barcelona= Crown of Aragon - Kingdom of Aragon

or

Kingdom of Aragon= Crown of Aragon - County of Barcelona

We could also explain it through these equations:

Kingdom of Aragon= 1/2 x Crown of Aragon

County of Barcelona= 1/2 x Crown of Aragon

Here is a map of years 800-900.

http://clio.rediris.es/images/mede_nucleos_mapa.jpg

Green is Kingdom of Aragon

Yellow is County of Barcelona.

The eventual union of these two territories, created the Crown of Aragon or Catalano-Aragonese Crown or however you wanna call it.
    Question! So are the Kingdom of Aragon and the Crown of Aragon the sam....Ah just kidding

lol

Icon11 Re: Preview of Aragon - Update2

Hi!

Are the Aragonians in SS 3.2?

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    , you don't have have to explain it like that, i'm not stupid, i'm just too lazy to go through the earlier posts, so i asked instead
    @Mike

I know just take it as a humorous post . And anyway there you have a simple way of knowing the difference without having to read all the fussy explanations I write .

@Shaba Wangy

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

Libertus

After finally catching up on this, I can't wait to try Aragon as well as the Rus.
    How will I ever get any work done...?

Thanks to Kalos for the Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Kizi View Post
    Hi!

Are the Aragonians in SS 3.2?
    Nope, they will be along with kievan rus in SS 4.0 which is about to come out any day now!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Very good units, but i must say i am not as impressed as i was with the rus. A reason can be that it seems like much more work was done on the kievan rus.

I have a question: Does this not make the iberian penisuela a bit overcrowded. With the portoigeese, spanish, moors, and now the argonians?

Quote Originally Posted by Eirmar View Post
    Very good units, but i must say i am not as impressed as i was with the rus. A reason can be that it seems like much more work was done on the kievan rus.

I have a question: Does this not make the iberian penisuela a bit overcrowded. With the portoigeese, spanish, moors, and now the argonians?
    No, it does not become overcrouded, this issue has been adressed carefully and what in fact what we create in the peninsula with the introduction of Aragon is a gameplay balance, each faction will have more of less the same number of provinces.

With the word "portoigeese" and "argonians" I assume you mean "portuguese" and "aragonese".

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

For any of you guys interested in Aragonese/Catalan medieval units and warfare, here goes an article I found.

I agree to 95% to all the things in it. Easy to read and understand it provides a good summary of how the Crown of Aragon fought its wars, on the types of weapons, units, siege engines and even tactics they used, which were different and to an extent more advanced than the ones used by the rest of western Europe at that time.

http://www.deremilitari.org/resource.../humphries.pdf

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

Great article, thanks for share it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuiis View Post
    For any of you guys interested in Aragonese/Catalan medieval units and warfare, here goes an article I found.

I agree to 95% to all the things in it. Easy to read and understand it provides a good summary of how the Crown of Aragon fought its wars, on the types of weapons, units, siege engines and even tactics they used, which were different and to an extent more advanced than the ones used by the rest of western Europe at that time.

http://www.deremilitari.org/resource.../humphries.pdf
    thx is great so read that

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Wow, I like what you guys have done! Awesome preview!
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Tiro

Actually, how about giving the choice of union in diplomacy. When one gets powerful, they could force a union, and the faction is effectively destroyed, but you have access to their troops either.
    Legionaries vs Dismounted Knights Who will win?

That is probably either hardcoded or incredibly hard to do, but if anyone can do it its King Kong.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

it's not possible, hardcoded. I have suggested similar thing in the past before but i was told by grandviz and KK that it isn't possible.
    However i do like the idea of this new mod that have been released, when you conquer the capital of certain factions, you get access to 1-2 of their units... I think he is considering to make a compatible version with SS.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

eelorriaga's Avatar Libertus

i am not sure of the time frame of this mod but just a word about the cross of the aragones order of santa maria of montesa:
    the cross showed in this animations of the knights of montesa was taken from the order of the knights san jorge of alfama that was founded in 1201(http://www.heraldicahispana.net/pag/sanjorge.htm) to help in the "reconquista"....more than 100 years before that the order from the knights of santa maria of montesa that has this cross(http://www.heraldicahispana.net/pag/mmontesa.htm) till 1400 when the 2 orders were merged due to the decadence of the order of san jorge of alfama,the new name was" Orden de Santa María de Montesa y de San Jorge de Alfama".(and they also retain their cross as the new 1)
    In fact 1 of the battle crys of the aragones armies was "Por san jorge y el rey !!!"or something like that .

an araganose knight :

PD:btw is the 5.1 ss version compatible with kindogns 1,5 ?
    Last edited by eelorriaga; April 20, 2008 at 01:51 AM.

Vlad370's Avatar Libertus

by all accounts it is, but not 100% sure

eelorriaga's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad370 View Post
    by all accounts it is, but not 100% sure
    r u speaking of the cross or of ss 5.1 for kindogms 1.5? xddd

Why do you use a thread that has the last post 1 year ago?

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

Yes, SS 5.1 will work with kingdoms 1.5.