Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Aragon - Update2

Default Re: Preview of Aragon - Update2

oh yeah, i looooooved legoos to, especially the pirates and the medieval ones, good times...

Who didnt like legos?!?

King Kong is the modder equivalent of Chuck Norris. - Poisoner

Legos took most of my time as a kid, they were awesome, great units KK.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

Wow KK Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Almogavers look totally realistic now!!!

Shaba Wangy points out great things also! If you could include short sword as secondary it would be great, and what you say about the tactic of first throwing javelin right before charging it would be realistic as hell. That is just exactly how they fought and how they even repelled heavy cavalry charges!!! The shield is optional you could take it out or just have a few of them have them (is that possible?), most of the sources indicate us that they fought with no shield or with small ones. If its too much of a fuss, having them with that small shield is ok anyway xD.

+rep for that skin

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

AH! I can just hear the "Desperta ferro!" in my mind!

Badnewz's Avatar Foederatus

Great job Kong.

If i could give u rep i would

Libertus

I must say that both of the new factions look really interesting! The game just keeps getting better and better, big thanks to KK

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

I really have to say that these skins are awesome, outstanding work! that is why I hate to say the following: the coat of arms shown on many units is "only" 500 years old, that is, 1499. This coat of arms is still used nowadays in Aragon but it's incorrect to use it in the medieval era. But anyway... those skins deserve an A!!
    --------------Arengada--------------

The correct CoA is below, as Almogaver deftly points out.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._de_Aragon.png

haha almogaver, funny sig.

what does it mean? tranlation please,

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

Molt bó almugavar!!!

HEY< translation again please?

"Baldrick! T'he dit que no em deixis dormir fins tard. Aquesta dona cobra per hores!"

Translation: Baldrick! I told you not to let me sleep until late. This woman charges per hour!

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Looking good, I for one think Almughavars should be restricted to Aragon. Spain and Portugal are similar enough as it is, we wouldn't want Aragon being a clone faction would we? I think it's sad that Portguals "special unit" is Jinetes and Spain's is "Conquistadores" while both factions have them.

Just my 2 cents anyways.

yeah i agree with the mongol give Almughavars only to Aragon

Hi Yuiis,
    Wow KK Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Almogavers look totally realistic now!!!

Shaba Wangy points out great things also! If you could include short sword as secondary it would be great, and what you say about the tactic of first throwing javelin right before charging it would be realistic as hell. That is just exactly how they fought and how they even repelled heavy cavalry charges!!! The shield is optional you could take it out or just have a few of them have them (is that possible?), most of the sources indicate us that they fought with no shield or with small ones. If its too much of a fuss, having them with that small shield is ok anyway xD.
    I'm especially glad when you like them!
    And yes, as Shaba Wangy said, I will give them sword for the secondary weapon and also a new attack where they thro their spears and charge into the enemy after that (how they also did it historically..).

Hi almogavar,
    I really have to say that these skins are awesome, outstanding work! that is why I hate to say the following: the coat of arms shown on many units is "only" 500 years old, that is, 1499. This coat of arms is still used nowadays in Aragon but it's incorrect to use it in the medieval era. But anyway... those skins deserve an A!!
    Thanks! And well, I didn't know that they had another coat of arms before the one I'm currently using...
    Maybe I will change them slightly to the one Shaba Wangy suggested.
    Thanks for the note!

Hi Mongol,
    Looking good, I for one think Almughavars should be restricted to Aragon. Spain and Portugal are similar enough as it is, we wouldn't want Aragon being a clone faction would we? I think it's sad that Portguals "special unit" is Jinetes and Spain's is "Conquistadores" while both factions have them.
    Yes, I agree with that. Almugavars will be exclusively for Aragon.
    Probably Portugal will get normal javelinmen instead and Spain will get the lisutanian javelinmen. This will secure that the factions are still balanced.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Don't you mean the opposite King Kong?

"Portugal will get the lusitanian javelinmen and Spain will get the standard javelinemen."

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

Hey KK,

Do you think you could add shaba's coat of arms but with this extra detail?

http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imatge:...%27Aragona.png

Would look amazing....

Last edited by Yuiis; June 27, 2007 at 02:06 PM.

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

lol, it would be great!!