Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Aragon - Update2

Default Re: Preview of Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13531 View Post
    lol, numero disabled his rep, anyway. What's so bad about Aragon being strong, it's too bad that spansih suck
    There's isn't any problem.

But that I would really like to see is all faction's ups and down to have a much greater impact, like the way they did things back in RTR 6.0 gold.

I got rep?! I'll activate now!

nah, myself? i rather have myself dominating the AI with vh/vh difficulty on.

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

nah, myself? i rather have myself dominating the AI with vh/vh difficulty on.
    I would rather be fighting a super hard AI, now that's were the fun is.

Hum, that if... nah..., King Kong won't accept it.

Ok ok, what if King kong did the same things the guy in EB did, they increased the moral stats with each difficulty level. That would mean that hard and very hard level would truly be really difficult for the player(unrealistically difficult, yet it would give a real challange, the more fun there is in the game). I also suppose that King kong has already placed the "infinite florins modification for the Ai? In the sence that the AI never runs out of florins? And can constantly continue to recruit strong units, maintain a strong economy and constantly keep fighting?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by numerosdecimus View Post
    Actually, when I was talking about the knights with maces I was refering to the "Portuguese Knight" unit.
    *re-reads previous post*

Indeed you were. That'll teach me to post at 2am in the morning

lol, its 1 pm here

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

omg.. i just.. omg, FANTASTIC
    the skins look awsome
    proud norwegian

I'm wondering if KK has been a big tease by having us all argue day and night over which faction he should add next is...whats the betting he's done all the factions in the poll to keep us all happy?

im teasing - truly amazing work KK

lol, i agree, he should do games for a living!! geez, and this is SICk, awesome!!!! Still, i like the work for kievan rus better, altho i think most of you will disagree with me T_T

Goose's Avatar Civis

I don't disagree with you Mike.
    But thats because it doesn't get much better than those eastern factions for me.

loll, yay, at least someone agrees!!! Whose gonna play Kievan Rus first rather than Aragon here?

Hi all and sorry for my bad English , I've some ideas for Catalan/Aragonese faction units.

I think only Almughavars faction unit are too few for an entire Kingdom. I've two units that can be a good addition to your mod. And both have been verified in history.

First unit: Maybe called Catalan/Aragonese crossbow militia. At Century XII-XV nearly all peasant and citizens were trained at crossbow use. Some families had a crossbow as a family relic, like swords or mail armors in other countries. They're skilled similar than any Milanese or Genovese crossbow militia and equipped with crossbow, knife and padded armor.

Second unit: The Host of Barcelona. It was a citizen army that could be called to defend the city or their interests. All citizens must have crossbow, sword or spear and a leather or mail armor by law. Their combat skill maybe too good than any Italian militia or regular troop like Sergeants with Spear, Swordsman or Crossbowmen.

That's all. hope you like the units and will consider add to your great mod. Thanks for your time. :original:

loll, yay, at least someone agrees!!! Whose gonna play Kievan Rus first rather than Aragon here?
    I like the kievan rus units and i've never played with an eastern faction other then the byzantines, however my catalonian roots call on me for me to play aragon first! lol.... but ill play kievan rus after.

Those knights of Montesa are teh shiz!!!!
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

The Catalans Javelin unit would be A good addition to the Aragons units in my opinion

Other than that great work keep it up

meh, i'll never be able to understand that, but oh well, lol

Goose's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Benyi View Post
    Hi all and sorry for my bad English , I've some ideas for Catalan/Aragonese faction units.

I think only Almughavars faction unit are too few for an entire Kingdom. I've two units that can be a good addition to your mod. And both have been verified in history.

First unit: Maybe called Catalan/Aragonese crossbow militia. At Century XII-XV nearly all peasant and citizens were trained at crossbow use. Some families had a crossbow as a family relic, like swords or mail armors in other countries. They're skilled similar than any Milanese or Genovese crossbow militia and equipped with crossbow, knife and padded armor.

Second unit: The Host of Barcelona. It was a citizen army that could be called to defend the city or their interests. All citizens must have crossbow, sword or spear and a leather or mail armor by law. Their combat skill maybe too good than any Italian militia or regular troop like Sergeants with Spear, Swordsman or Crossbowmen.

That's all. hope you like the units and will consider add to your great mod. Thanks for your time. :original:
    Those sound like very interesting units, much like the English and their bows ay?

I'm glad you included this faction above all others. I read many Crusading novels and the Aragonians were mentioned quite frequently, in the holy lands, the penninsula and the heresy issues in southern France. So this is a good choice.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

I'll be there up north with ya Mike. Cant' wait for the Rus

Aragon is still better

Let me just add that it is great that we even have the option to choose Aragon or Kievan Rus. Makes the game better than it is.

P.S.

If you don't like aragon...well...fine whatever