Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Preview of Aragon - Update2

Icon4 Preview of Aragon - Update2

Aragon

history

Long ago Aragón was a Frankish feudal county Jaca before becoming a self-proclaimed kingdom, which was united with the kingdom of Pamplona (later Navarre) in 925. The kingdom of Pamplona included the counties of Aragon, Sobrarbe, and Ribagorza, and the duchy of Castile. After King Sancho's death, the kingdom was divided between his sons. Ramiro I was initially named king of Aragon; later, after his brother Gonzalo's death, he was also named king of Sobrarbe and Ribagorza. The new kingdom grew quickly, and incorporated Navarra. This kingdom conquered the city of Zaragoza in 1118. Split from the kingdom of Navarre, the kingdom of Aragón was re-established in 1035 and lasted as a separate kingdom until 1469 when Ferdinand the Catholic married Isabella of Castile, making the Kingdom of Spain.
    (from wikipedia.com)

starting position

temproraily Aragon owns Barcelona and Zaragossa from the beginning.

family

King Sancho
    Wife: Isabel
    Sons: Peter, Alfonso, Ramiro
    Princess: Maria (fictional)

unit roster

EDIT: When you can't see the pictures, check this link, provided by nerazzurri:
    http://nerazzurri.net/ss/images/aragorn/

Infantry

Peasants

Peasant Archers

Town Miltia

Spear Militia

Basque Javelinmen
    (not finished)

Basque Archers

Pavise Crossbowmen

Arquebusiers

Musketeers

Guard Spearmen (pike)

Sword and Buckler Militia

Dism. Aragonese knights

Dism. Armats

[CENTER]Almughavars

Ploma militia ---- Not decided yet

Cavalry

Alforrats

Aragonese Knights

Armats (heavy cav, like chiv knights)

Gendarmes

Crossbow Alforrats (m. crossbowmen)

General

Order Knights

Knights of Montesa

upgraded Knights of Montesa

Knights of Santiago

Mercs

Mercenary Man at Arms (Occitan Routiers)

Andalusian Infantry

A BIG Thanks goes to Yuiis, M2 Junky and numerosdecimus who helped with their very good historical research!

Note that this is only a preview, so I'm still interested in any suggestions!
    Last edited by King Kong; June 26, 2007 at 01:54 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Default Re: Preview of Aragon

Oh yeah first reply. wtfomgpwn

Looks good.

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

man! cavalries are look awsome new type leather or something around their neck
    makes it look newform
    congrats

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

That just made my day =) Amazing units, wow, im stunned. + Rep

Yeah really looks awesome. Are you a graphic artist by day KK?

Oh and Admiring....best forum name I've seen so far

King Kong, if you don't want to give Aragon Zaragoza, how about you just increase their King's purse a little bit?

Excellent!

I really like those basque archers

Besides from Knights of Saint George I also suggest you give them templars or another important Aragonese religious order.

Be sure to remove Almugavars from everyone else.

Looks awesome KK, you got real talent (saw other works in SS)

I'd rather keep suggestions for later, when its potentially possible to play the faction (perhaps a small closed BETA when you are ready?)

Those units are awesome, great work KK, I'd love to help but I have no knowledge of Aragonese military history.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

WOW Another nice faction to play as!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Looks great KingKong. Are you planning on adding Aragon for 4.0 or is this for a future release?

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Looks great KingKong. Are you planning on adding Aragon for 4.0 or is this for a future release?
    that's why he is displaying here but.. he wants more supports

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

KK, Du bist der M2TW-Fachwissenschaftler!! :-)

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

Wow....simply amazing KK, in very little time you have managed to work it out so much!!!

There is a big historical fact that I think I must remark though . Seems like the faction you are putting in is the Kingdom of Aragon, whilst the real one should be the Crown of Aragon(or the one I think you really wanted to add in ).

The Crown of Aragon never existed until the union of the County of Barcelona and the Kingdom of Aragon. They were both two separate and independent entities untill they united, mainly because the Kingdom of Aragon feared being smacked by Castile, and also had no male heir, and the County of Barcelona feared that the French would claim their lands for them. It was a union that was done because of need of both independent territories. They needed to be stronger and alliance was the only possible way to avoid mutual destruction. The union was made when the Count of Barcelona(Ramon Berenguer) married the 2 year old queen of Aragon(Petronila...hehe....marrying 2 yearl olds...). Ramiro, the father of the queen, made one petition before the union was made, and it was that Ramon Berenguer wouldn't be the King of the Crown, but instead the son of the matrimony would. Another condition was that both territorries would hold their institutional independence so none of the two would be above the other. It was in this way then, that Alfons I, the son of Ramon Berenguer (Count of Barcelona) and Petronila (Queen of Aragon), was the first King of the Crown of Aragon. He was also called Alfons II of Aragon(Meaning just the kingdom of Aragon) and Alfons I of Barcelona. The union therefore, was only dinastic.

As for the coat of arms you display for the faction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:E...rag%C3%B3n.svg), it is just the coat of arms of the Kingdom of Aragon (Not the Crown of Aragon). So you understand it better, its like if you added just the coat of arms of England to a British army. Guess the welsh, scottish and N Irish wouldn't be very happy about it would they xD. I suggest the main coat of arms you put is the four red stripes and five yellow stripes on. It was the symbol of the monarchy, therefore the symbol of all the territories.
    http://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imatge:Aragon.png
    If I were you I could/would consider adding both, the Aragonese like currently, and the four stripes one.(If possible)!
    Just like you added the St. George's cross to the banners. They also represent the Count of Barcelona.

I know its a bit fussy, I'm sorry I didn't point out these things before though.

If you have any further questions you know where to ask, and if you want me/junky or any other person thats put a bit of effort into units to come up with possible descriptions of these we would kindly offer our help!

Thnks for listening to us, and then again great work KK!!!

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

fantastic as always king kong!!!
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!
    http://www.politicallyincorrect.de/

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Chola_Kingdom View Post
    that's why he is displaying here but.. he wants more supports
    He's got my support. After all, why should so much hard work be wasted.

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

Links to the history and family members of the Crown of Aragon (Not just the kingdom ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_of_Aragon

In order to be Historically correct Alfons I should be the first king of the Crown of Aragon. If not you could make Ramon Berenguer be the first one.

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

KK, this is flippin' sweet! They units i most like are the armats and the basque archers look freaking nice! Its cool how you kept the aragonese knights and added teh armats as the heavier cavlary, very nice.

The suggestion i have is everything that yuiis said. And there should be a mention of the merging of the kingodm of aragon with the count of barcelona in the faction's description.

Keep of the good work, KK! +rep!! for yuiis too.

nice one KK, this one is coming out in 4.0 as well?

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast