View Poll Results: Say by name if you find DarthMod for M2TW....

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exciting! The best available! The AI and gameplay is fantastic!The dark side is flowing in you!

27 48.21%
  • A very good all around mod with very special care to gameplay parameters. Recommended to be tried.

18 32.14%
  • Good but could be better. Try to evolute it and I will be around to check it frequently.

7 12.50%
  • Nothing much really. You seem to dissapoint our expectations from you! The dark side is weakening in you!

4 7.14%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Feedback for DarthMod M2TW 1.4 A closed

Default Feedback for DarthMod M2TW 1.4 A closed

Here you will write all your special feedback concerning the latest DarthMod which can be downloaded here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103323

Default Re: Feedback for DarthMod M2TW 1.4

Roads are supposed to cost a hell of money? dirt road 6400 g!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hi my friend Darth, my congrats for this furious great announement ... it's looking great. I'll probable make a copy of the M2 vanilla to install DarthMod M2TW 1.4 (i guess it is not a mod folder).

One question: Is the AI formations of this version usable in isolated form? I think of implementing them ie. into the SV mod.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    I'll probable make a copy of the M2 vanilla to install DarthMod M2TW 1.4 (i guess it is not a mod folder).
    It uses the mod folder but extra features like headlocks smoke and cannon addon go in the main data folder along with a edited battle_models

@[FtN] Gebirgsjäger:

The map is to be balanced maybe better in the future. Border Reiver has balanced it in a unique way for DarthMod and I await from all of you feedback in late turns.

@DaVinci:
    Hi my good friend. It should be playable but the best effects are with all the package. Too many interactive files. You need to have formations, pathfinding, config_ai,config_battle ..etc. files and all of them should be balanced maybe somewhat uniquely in the mod.I will upload soon a standalone version

I downloaded the installer and ran it, pointing the installation to the MTW2 directory, but when I run the Darthmod executive file (the one that ends up on the desktop) nothing happens. A DOS screen flashes for a second, and then nothing. What did I do wrong?

Try the seperate file in the root folder Launch_DarthMod...I know it happens and do not know why.

I had the same prob, just start it directly from your medieval folder!

and here a picture from a rebelgeneral...those horeses fight like hell!

All right, thanks, but now I have a different problem, as can be seen in my thread "A call for help". Sorry to be such a boor, but it seems I can't help but mess things up.

Oh yes, and this reminds me - I shall post a screenshot from the last OSS that puzzled me quite a bit. Dunno if it has been corrected in the final version of the mod, but here you go:

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv...mm_d455b3a.jpg

(Check the defense stat for the pilgrims. They have 2 silver experience chevrons, and had normal defense when they were first recruited with no experience. Somewhere along the way their defense went WAY up, I never noticed when.)

Oh god....now you tell me..this is a mistype.... I corrected it now by making the previous value of 100 to 10....to Export_desc_unit.txt.

Tks for mentioning whatsoever.

I am sorry Dark Lord - I noticed it late yesterday, and I didn't have time to post it then.

Proof that Faith hardens the heart far more than Steel and Leather ever can

Quote Originally Posted by wipeout140 View Post
    It uses the mod folder but extra features like headlocks smoke and cannon addon go in the main data folder along with a edited battle_models
    are those extra features,which goes to original data folder override any of vanila files ? or all of them are new files ? I just don't want to harm original installation and still to be able to play vanilla...

thanks

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by [FtN] Gebirgsjäger View Post
    Roads are supposed to cost a hell of money? dirt road 6400 g!
    @FTN......the reason for such expensive roads is to show the player how important roads were for the economy and for military movement.

Far too often in RTW, BI & MTW2 mods, roads have been far too under valued. Even at their Vanilla values (profits & movement) their impact is significant.

now this is a primary structure that the player must choose to build when they can afford to do it, good roads in your empire are not a right of the people, they are indeed a priviledge.

I'm glad someone picked it up!

Average British Student

Quote Originally Posted by raloszet View Post
    are those extra features,which goes to original data folder override any of vanila files ? or all of them are new files ? I just don't want to harm original installation and still to be able to play vanilla...

thanks
    if unpacked the files it will but if you have not unpacked the files it create new versions allowing no overwriting

@Ebbe lille:
    Nevermind I will fix a new installer maybe tomorrow. Report to me smthg quick all of you and will re-upload.

Will upload fixed EDU in OS thread for now

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    @FTN......the reason for such expensive roads is to show the player how important roads were for the economy and for military movement.

Far too often in RTW, BI & MTW2 mods, roads have been far too under valued. Even at their Vanilla values (profits & movement) their impact is significant.

now this is a primary structure that the player must choose to build when they can afford to do it, good roads in your empire are not a right of the people, they are indeed a priviledge.

I'm glad someone picked it up!
    Completely agree with that.
    In all mods, in which i had an impact, i always increased the costs and construction times of roads ... btw., there weren't paved road construction projects in medieval times in the land areas.
    In the SV mod, the paved upgraded ones will become another function as a taxed road, but just not longer a paved one, 'cause it's so unrealistic.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Cmon pls tell me some of your custom battle reports. Also try some Pike and Musket armies for AI.

I have little question

Is there any way to play normal map instead of the BR's one ? I'm not saying his map is bad, it is just not in my taste.

Ok, I've tried some custom battles and here are my first impressions of the mod:

Firstly, it is superb. Now we can go into details.

I tried to play against an AI-controlled pike and musket army, and it worked wonderfully. The AI can really use these units together now, where it earlier only sort of milled about and did nothing. It was a great new challenge and very well executed.

Next, I wanted to see the pike versus cavalry fix that Darth has talked about. So I put 8 units of heavy pikemen (Portugese Aventuros) with one javelin support against 20 units of French Lancers (the 'ultimate heavy cavalry'). Here is the picture of the initial contact:

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv...1m_289ebaf.jpg

The pikefix is actually a revolution for pikemen in this game. They are now EXTREMELY effective, and especially against cavalry. Just as it should be. Pikemen now always use their pikes, even when their formation is starting to be breached, as is evident on this picture here:

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv...2m_6fafb89.jpg

You can not quite see the massive casualties caused by the cavalry running into pikes, but trust me - the figures are enormous. I won that battle losing 50 men versus 1200 heavy cavalry. The flower of French nobility died that day!

Skirmishing also works like a charm these days, as I found out when I tried a bowman army. To me, it feels like the game has started to surprise me again. Every battle feels fresh and new, not old and familiar.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast