Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Portvcale v0.3

Icon3 Portvcale v0.3

The version 0.3 of Portvcale mod is finally available to download!

link : http://files.filefront.com/Portvcale.../fileinfo.html

torrent: http://rapidshare.com/files/36055824...p.torrent.html

After the installation is completed, you will find a new shortcut in your desktop. Double click on it and have fun!

Update 1.2 is required

Before installing the mod, make sure you have the update 1.2 installed. Here is one link:
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_19011.shtml

New features:

- 26 playable factions in the imperial campaign: England, France, HRE, Castile&Leon, Aragon, Moors, Turks, Egypt, Denmark, Portugal, Poland, Hungary, Navarre, Venice, Byzantium, Pisa, Novgorod, Kievan Rus, Cumans, Crusader States, Sicily, Lithuanians, Genoa, Bohemia, Milan and Scotland.

-Added new textures to Pisa, Genoa, Kievan Rus, Novgorod, Cumans, Crusaders States, Lithuanians, Bohemia, Navarre, Castile&Leon, Aragon, Denmark and France

-all factions will have their respective coat of arms (no longer the rebel one for the new factions).

-Republics are no longer immortal. When these factions are destroyed you will see the “faction destroyed” message.

-New units:
    -Hussite crossbowman is now an exclusive bohemian unit
    -Hussite hand gunner (Bohemia)
    -Novgorodian cavalry (Novgorod)
    -Lithuanian axeman (Lithuanians)
    -Besteiros do Conto (Portugal)
    -Cavaleiros-Vilões (Portugal)
    -navarrense javelinman (Navarre)
    -Several new units for Crusaders (for example, Frankish Knights, militias, archers, Dismounted templar knights, Dismounted teutonic knights, etc…)

-Portugal, Caslile&Leon and Aragon will be able to recruit templars and hospitalars
    -Longbowman mercenaries. Only catholic factions will be able to recruit them and you can find them in 4 regions: Guimarães, Coimbra, Lisboa and Silves.
    and many others…
    -Portuguese knights will have maces as a secondary weapon

-A completely new model for Almughavars.

-The technological tree was reviewed for all factions. For example, only Genoa will be able to recruit Genoese crossbowman and Milan no longer has that unit; Bohemia are unable to recruit “Zweihander”, etc…

-Added a new guild: The order of Aviz. This guild is exclusive for the Portuguese faction and there you will be able to recruit Knights of St. Benedict of Aviz.

-Flags and coat of arms of Aragon is more realistic (thanks to Almogaver for giving us some tips)

-Flags and coat of arms of France was improved.

-Added the “Character Names Project Mod”. We also added new names to Navarre and Aragon (once again, thanks to Almogaver and Yuiis for helping us).

-new menus

-new music for the Mediterranean culture

-Added new texture to the campaign map

- New loading screens

-added names to provinces

-cities in the campaign map are now more developed (because the campaign begins in the 12th centuary). Some cities will have guilds in the begining.

-added 13 new events (for example, the birth of Thomas of Aquino, the construction of the “La Torre di Pisa”, etc…)

-Added more 6 regions to the Portvcale v0.2 map. 3 of them are located in Ireland, one in Denmark (Roskilde), another for Hungary (Esztergom) and other for Cumans (Azak)

-Removed some cities and added new ones to replace them (for example, we replaced Sofia for Velinko Tarnoko; Olso for Bergen; Stockholm for Uppsala, etc…)

-more forest in Eastern Europe

-Fixed the “Dead Sea” bug

-Tangier and Athens will now have a port

-Some capitals were changed: the Turkish capital is now Iconium; the Danish capital is now Roskilde and the Hungarian capital is Esztergom

- New colours for Hungary

- New factions will now begin the campaigns with more agents

-Characters and armies movement points were reduced when compared with the version 0.2.

-Added 63 new rebel factions

-The ability “hide anywhere” was removed

- Added the family tree for Lithuanians

- Livonia is now an independent nation

- Features of the version 0.2, consult this link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86013

Known issues- please read!!!!!!!

When you click too many times in the icons from the imperial campaign menu (when you are selecting the faction you want to play), you will have a CTD

If you enter on the imperial campaign menu and then return to the custom battles, you will have a CTD. The inverse situation has the same problem, i.e., if you select the “custom battle” menu and return to the “imperial campaign” menu, you will have a CTD.

Compatibility with other mods

Some files need to go to the main data folder and they will probably interfere with other mods that you have installed. If you want to play with other mods remove the following folders from the main data folder:

-data/ banners
    -data/models_strat
    -data/ui

Then, when you want to play with Portvcale, put those files again in the data folder.

Secadegas's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Portvcale v0.3

Hi...Boicote....downloading right now........
    i have 2 questions? did you change the units rooster for the Byzies, and if not can i replace the original skins whith the ones DG made for them?
    Did you do any rebalancing of the units, or its the 1.2 CA original balance??
    Any way thanks very mutch.....
    PS: Brevemente o pessoal vai ao Fundão visitar/jantar a casa de um amigo..e tenho de te pagar uns copos pá.....:tacticalw
    Last edited by Secadegas; June 10, 2007 at 12:55 AM.

AVE BOICOTE!

excelent mod

thanks for cleaning up the map

i wish that in future versions the new world will get the same tender love and care you gave the old one

remember portugal conquered Brazil

you should run CA! then maybe we wouldnt need mods!

tornnight's Avatar Forum Bot

Very nice work! You are a good artist.

Btw, I can help you with your UI crashing issue. I know the solution for the SD converter.

See this thread.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102014
    "The first casualty when war comes, is truth." - Hiram Johnson
    Developer of The Long Road Modification

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

Is this compatible with B&B 2.0?

hmmm can't download..
    Last edited by Sosobra; June 09, 2007 at 10:58 PM.
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

so this mod installed right into the data files? too bad it does not install to its own folder.

Ieuano's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Sosobra View Post
    Is this compatible with B&B 2.0?

hmmm can't download..
    wait a bit and i will have intergrated them, i think this one uses 1.9, im just making new ancillaries and making the canquisher traits work for the new factions
    Total Rep = Unknown???? who will +rep me to the crown, whomever it is will get a mystery prize! or will they...

As I said in the original forum this mod is very good!

The mod is instaled on a folder outside main data game folder as majority of mods done for patch v1.2
    However 3 folders need to be placed (Autoinstaler will do it) on the main data folder.
    These 3 folders will not replace any of the orginal Mtw2 files.
    To play Portvcale with any other mod like SS or Dlv player just need to rename those 3 folders (for instance add 1 letter tho their name) before.
    So despite the mod in itself instals some of the files on main data folder it's compatible with any other mod that uses modswitch.

Thanks for your words, guys. You are very kind!

Quote Originally Posted by Secadegas View Post
    Hi...Boicote....downloading right now........
    i have 2 questions? did you change the units rooster for the Byzies, and if not can i replace the original skins whith the ones DG made for them?
    Did you do any rebalancing of the units, or its the 1.2 CA original balance??
    Any way thanks very mutch.....
    The Byzantine textures are the original ones. Do you know if DG modified the file battle_models.modeldb? If not, it’s very easy to install those textures in Portvcale. You just need to move the texture files to the folder unit_models

Quote Originally Posted by Secadegas View Post
    PS: Brevemente o pessoal vai ao Fundão visitar/jantar a casa de um amigo..e tenho de te pagar uns copos pá....

Quote Originally Posted by tornnight View Post
    Very nice work! You are a good artist.
    Btw, I can help you with your UI crashing issue. I know the solution for the SD converter.
    See this thread.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102014
    The problem I had is related to the imperial campaign menu. When you click more than 8 times in the icons, you will have a mysterious CTD. I don’t know why.
    Last edited by Boicote; June 10, 2007 at 07:02 AM.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Boicote,

I've tried many mods onMTW II and I could say, at this time, that Portvcale V0.3 is the best of the best. The new menu are great (especially the sound when you click, like in "Chivalry" on RTW), the new textures of the strategic map too, etc...).

I wanted a mod with Bohemia, Crusader, Genoa : that's it in PORTVCALE v0.3 !!

I only have a regret on the strategic map : I think that Southampton or Exeter (near London) are missed.

Could I suggest you to implant Ireland for the next time (like DLV 3.1) ?
    Other suggestion : I've discovered 2 good ideas in PRO DEO AND REGE v0.1 : the events concerning the Royals Courts and the Regional AoR System.

But, I repeat, you mod is actually the best and It is worth being in Hosted Modifications with his own forum.

Thanks for all !!

The Total War really begins now !

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

WOW
    looks great...
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Excellent Mod - I love the Map - I love the Factions - I love the whole thing. This has alot of the changes that I have personally done to many other mods. Great work!!!!
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Julius Isidrus's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rick James
    remember portugal conquered Brazil
    When?

Thema Devia - Português (Portuguese)

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

Boicote, is the music in the background from mtw? If it isnt it sounds really familiar.

excellent mod.thanks to you.can you do an add-on pack to portvcale 0.3 which include:
    +add new factions like harezmid empire,baghdad caliphate,flanders,wales and etc...
    +add new camping map style about country lines,like portvcale 0.2.
    +add more blood,weather conditions
    +add more regions to anatolia
    thanks........

Best mod ever.

Period.

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

The starting Lithuanians generals have spear militia for their bodyguard.
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

the pope gave all lands west of San Juan Bautista (puero rico) to The catholic kings Isabella and Ferdinand all lands east to portugal

they set up their factorias and such
    enslaved and exterminated the coastal natives of brazil thanks to the arquebuz horses and influenza

im no wikipedia but thats what i remember from Occidental History back in 05

the reason i said it was to motivate Boicote and all the portugese fans and spain fans and even england fans to push for a better map of the new world so we can look foward to the world is round event and colonize a realistic map
    not the excessive! cliffs of the aztecs or the one island of the caribbean natives

Boicote why is Iberia so nice green and fertile?
    isnt the algrave estremadura andalusia La mancha and la costa del sol

arid regions

i lived in granada 8 months it rained twice one of those two times lasted less than 5 minutes

lovin the rebel nations more like petty kingdoms now that rebels

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast