Thread: A bigmap renaissence ?

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default A bigmap renaissence ?

I don't know if the owner of this mod intetent to do a bigmap version,but i only play with big maps,is like a drug,i cant back to vanilla no more,and im tried of 1080 start maps ,so,if any of the users known how to merge this mod in a big map,in a simple way ,and could upload the add on ,me and others bigmaps fans
    will be pleased .
    PS:If the mod owner don't mind,i mean.

Default Re: A bigmap renaissence ?

Well, there is no "owner" in fact we dont even have a mod leader.

Thanks for asking that question. We had discussed it a while ago and decided that putting RTW in bigmap wasnt good because most people's computers couldnt use it. Maybe in the future there may be a bigmap version but for now I am sorry to say there isnt.

However, you should still try the mod!

Most people's computers couldn't use it? I've got a mid-range, four-year old computer with a pretty useless graphics card, I can only play battles on minimum settings with no more then three armies, and I can easily manage bigmap.
    Just as a note, I know I'm supposed to be making splash screens and I will soon be learning how to skin and code M2TW, but this will be difficult without de forum access, any contact details or the beta...

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Well, for example on MY PC BigMap lags like a nightmare after around turn 30. It takes 5+ minutes to cycle through AI factions.
    Whoops, it seems it has escaped my attention that I haven't yet sent you the latest beta. Sorry, I'll PM it right now.
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; June 10, 2007 at 02:00 AM.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

I have to say I agree with Setarcos. My ancient rig can only handle about 2300 men on the battlefield and bigmaps never lag on it. Could we not just do regular and big map versions so users could pick themselves?

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

I suppose ONCE we'll have the mod comlpeted we can easily port it to BM.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a normal computer x2 4200 ,1650 pro and i don't note any insupportable lag (DLV,TLR,R&P) ,i just ask for the possibility to play this mod in the bigmap ,the people who wants stay with vannila one don't have to change,you don't have to do it for me and for the people who like big maps ,but as i say, many of us after play with big maps,fell the game strange with vanila ones,i just can go back,...you may pool to see if compensate the time in converting the map .(the last phrase seems strange (bad English))

bigmap was considered in a poll we had in the past, but it was finally decided to go on with the original map (which isn't exactly the vanilla version)... so I guess that 3.0 will come out with the map we have now.
    Other than that you haven't got to worry about yet another mod starting in 1080... our mod starts in 1494 and it should provide quite a challenge to go through the troubled early renaissance period...