Thread: Formation

Haqiq's Avatar Civis

Default Formation

Just hope that the formation will be fixed in this mod. In the game, when attacking, the formation will be spread and only like 5 of the soldier will attack and the other stay well back. I have to attack the cavalry from behind the infantry just so that they go in front. Hope it will fixed in this mod.

Also is there any new formation in the game? I read in books that switching formation in Muslim army is common so that it will confuse the army.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Formation

I don't think that formation problem you mentioned was a "bug". Rather, it was intended.

On this note, perhaps the Broken Crescent team could - probably at a later date - approach Darth Vader about implementing DarthMod in Broken Crescent. However, I am aware that this would probably require a lot of work on Darth's part, since his fixes are based on Vanilla troops...but I DO remember a lot of great RTW/BI mods utilizing DarthMod. In any case, I'm sure Broken Crescent will be an amazing experience to play through!

EDIT: Note, I just know Darth does some great work with battle AI. If the BC team wants to do their own work, or find someone else's solution etc, that's cool too. I just happened to read the big frontpage article on DarthMod 1.4 for M2TW...

...Adurr. I also sort of realise this is an off topic post, but I was too lazy to make my own thread about it, it seemed too trivial.
    Last edited by Aerrol; June 11, 2007 at 01:09 AM.

Haqiq's Avatar Civis

Oh I thought its a bug. Its rather annoying as in Medieval 1, all soldier attack when ordered at. I do hope Broken Crescent will collaborate with ALL little mods that will enhance this game.

What about faction in Europe. Do they present in the game or perhaps just left alone without any improvement. I really like this game to be massive with a lot of faction vying for supremacy. I think this mod going to be reviewed by major gaming magazine when its out (PC Gamer etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Haqiq View Post
    Oh I thought its a bug. Its rather annoying as in
    What about faction in Europe. Do they present in the game or perhaps just left alone without any improvement. I really like this game to be massive with a lot of faction vying for supremacy.
    Hrm...I think you may have misunderstood the focus of Broken Crescent. They're focusing on the 'Fertile Crescent', or the Middle East. In other words, the map is much more focused, on a smaller scale, allowing more detail, but most of the Vanilla European factions won't be in. Which is just fine with me, but don't expect to be playing England or France!

Indefinitely Banned

What about faction in Europe. Do they present in the game or perhaps just left alone without any improvement. I really like this game to be massive with a lot of faction vying for supremacy. I think this mod going to be reviewed by major gaming magazine when its out (PC Gamer etc.).
    Umm..... in the spirit of what Aerrol said I think this thread would be helpful:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88834

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aerrol View Post
    Note, I just know Darth does some great work with battle AI. If the BC team wants to do their own work, or find someone else's solution etc, that's cool too. I just happened to read the big frontpage article on DarthMod 1.4 for M2TW.
    BC will feature its own unique battle AI and new AI formations.
    The issue with formations not charging properly is hardcoded, and battle AI mods provide only little improvement. In contrast to common believe Darthmod is no exception, and does not fix this issue.

See the feedback from ziang1983
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...2&postcount=58
    and Lusted
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...5&postcount=59
    Last edited by GrandViZ; June 11, 2007 at 06:30 AM.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Haqiq's Avatar Civis

Ahh, I thought it is possible to over ride it. Maybe I should check the system out before posting. Anyway GrandViz , do the Ai l33t! I'm bored of defeating the AI in campaign map.

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Ahh, I thought it is possible to over ride it. Maybe I should check the system out before posting. Anyway GrandViz , do the Ai l33t! I'm bored of defeating the AI in campaign map.
    I'll give my best.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Quote Originally Posted by GrandViZ View Post
    BC will feature its own unique battle AI and new AI formations.
    The issue with formations not charging properly is hardcoded, and battle AI mods provide only little improvement. In contrast to common believe Darthmod is no exception, and does not fix this issue.

See the feedback from ziang1983
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...2&postcount=58
    and Lusted
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...5&postcount=59
    Awesome! I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I thought Darth's work was superior, I just remember it being mentioned in quite a few RTW mods I enjoyed, such as Invasio Barbarum(Improperly spelled). As long as you're working on the battle AI, I'll be happy!

On another note, I've been generally a random lurker, but I've been just astounded by the amount of work done on this mod in so little time. I'm just itching to get my hands on this baby! (But take your time, I'm not THAT impatient.).

...I think that's all.

Haqiq's Avatar Civis

You not the only one. I'm already check this mod since 3-4 months ago. Its soo cool that I thought it is not possible to finish. But now is very amazing. The charging issue can be fixed by just make the army march further into the enemy line. Only charge when very close.