Thread: Should the Paradox site have forums for non Paradox games

Default Should the Paradox site have forums for non Paradox games

Prof420 and Ragabash have stated that they dont want to have forums for other games at the site.

My personal opinion is that 4-5 forums for non Paradox games would boost activity as well as deal with the problem that we cant add forums here due to the gold affilate issue (which in the short and medium term wouldnt be a problem at the Paraodox site).

If there is no non paradox forums at the (likely) Paradox site there are two key questions that need to be answered:

1) will EU and HoI be enough to start the site with - If a comunity the size of the TW part of this site emerges the answer would be yes but can we build a big enough modding comunity within a reasonable length of time?

2) Were will Non TW or Paradox gaming forums go - Lusted has made clear that TWC will lose its affliate status if forums are added here, whilst people are worried about diluting a Paradox site's aim if they are added there - is not puting them at either site a sensible option?
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Should the Paradox site have forums for non Paradox games

I agree that we should put more than just paradox forums but the games that are not that well established so that if the site is successful we can benefit greatly.
    But I support the main idea.
    The other option of course is a new site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

@king rick:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...9&postcount=27

I should add that you agreed. The points are just as valid to the idea of game subforums at a Paradox site. They serve ZERO purpose of attracting new members, and what purpose they'd serve of getting people to register and say is up for debate, but it should be an issue left to the administrators once the site is set up. If you can actually address the issues contained in the post I reference then this may have a purpose.

It seems you conveniently forget your former statements when they are no longer politically expedient while beating dead horses (such as Gold Status) when they are.

Instead of posing questions of why not, I've yet to see actual rationale for opening subforums (interesting you would not agree with a Paradox subforum here Affiliate status aside but support it at another site). Perhaps you can lecture us on what benefit it will bring the site and why it should be within the remit of this committee and not left up to the Paradox site when it happens.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor420 View Post
    @king rick:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...9&postcount=27

I should add that you agreed. The points are just as valid to the idea of game subforums at a Paradox site. They serve ZERO purpose of attracting new members, and what purpose they'd serve of getting people to register and say is up for debate, but it should be an issue left to the administrators once the site is set up. If you can actually address the issues contained in the post I reference then this may have a purpose.

It seems you conveniently forget your former statements when they are no longer politically expedient while beating dead horses (such as Gold Status) when they are.

Instead of posing questions of why not, I've yet to see actual rationale for opening subforums (interesting you would not agree with a Paradox subforum here Affiliate status aside but support it at another site). Perhaps you can lecture us on what benefit it will bring the site and why it should be within the remit of this committee and not left up to the Paradox site when it happens.
    I must admit that it is a bit strange that I cant remember the exactly what I said 11 days ago, particurly when I have done 4, 3 hour 45 min exams since then + debate numerous other points about the new site.

That aside, I think there is a sutle difference between adding forums here (if the gold afflilate status is ignored). The reason why the Paradox site is necessary even if the gold affilate issue didnt exist is because a full scale expansion is necessery.

The difference between adding them here and adding them at a Paradox site is that the Paradox site itself is the full scale expansion - the paradox forums at the paradox site would attract far more attention than any other fora there . My point is that extra fora would still boost the interest in the site and give us forums to chose to change into full sites at a later point. The EU forum has performed averagly but its existance will will give any new site a advantage from the start because there will be active threads etc in the forum from day 1.

Basicly my reasons for suggesting other forums there are two fold - it will boost site intake and it will provide a future base for any future sites.
    Last edited by Elrond; June 07, 2007 at 03:42 PM.

I dont think the paradox site should have its own forums. I think there should be one forum for all sites, and just have the circus maximus in the common community as it is now for general gaming.

I dont think this topic is needed, we already discussed this previously.
    Last edited by Kanaric; June 08, 2007 at 12:41 AM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I dont think the paradox site should have its own forums. I think there should be one forum for all sites, and just have the circus maximus in the common community as it is now for general gaming.

I dont think this topic is needed, we already discussed this previously.
    Firstly we havent discussed it prevously - I raised this issue because of Prof and Ragabash's reaction to the threads I started.

I would like to remind you that you gave me permission to start the threads and I would pefer it if you had the decency not to pretend that you didnt want the threads starting.

there cannot be one forum for both sites due to the gold affliate issue - they at least need to have seperate forum indexs and be affectivly seperate.

If the decision not to have non Paradox forums at the Paradox site it has to be accepted that forums or subforums for non TW and paradox games cant be added at either site - in other words it would be impossible to expand into non TW or Paradox games without seting up another site (which isnt going to happen for ages if at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
    Firstly we havent discussed it prevously - I raised this issue because of Prof and Ragabash's reaction to the threads I started.

I would like to remind you that you gave me permission to start the threads and I would pefer it if you had the decency not to pretend that you didnt want the threads starting.
    The threads started were in a different context. If you want to start the threads with the intent authorized (as Paradox alternatives), go ahead, just don't expect that people are really going to contribute to the hypothetical discussion at this point.

there cannot be one forum for both sites due to the gold affliate issue - they at least need to have seperate forum indexs and be affectivly seperate.
    Please speak no more of Gold Affiliate. Its been mentioned in every one of your posts because it is the only thing you can actually convince anyone with. However, gold affiliate is not a holy grail, you cannot use it to actually make a point, you can only use it to say 'this can't be done.' Enough of it, we're all well aware at this point without you hanging onto it like a baby at her mother's teat.

If the decision not to have non Paradox forums at the Paradox site it has to be accepted that forums or subforums for non TW and paradox games cant be added at either site - in other words it would be impossible to expand into non TW or Paradox games without seting up another site (which isnt going to happen for ages if at all).
    It is a decision for the Paradox administration. We have no insight or reason to set it up. We (we as in TWC) added a EU3 forum because we deemed it would be helpful to TWC and our members asked. We wouldn't add a Naruto forum for the hell of it, either. We did what was in the interest of TWC, what was asked for. It would be ludicrous for us to decide what forums should be at the new site, since we do not know the new community or what games it will want to discuss. And that is the purpose of a subforum, to aid the existing community. It is not meant to bring in people specifically for that game, or build a mod community, it is meant to aid the existing one, which we, and you especially, have no idea about at this point.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

I would like to remind you that you gave me permission to start the threads and I would pefer it if you had the decency not to pretend that you didnt want the threads starting
    Its not that, its just that this topic is something that I think we dont need to discuss as its already been discussed and should have been finished with. I gave you permission to start threads on other games, not something like this.

We need to move on.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.