Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UAI 1.5 with SS *and* CNP 3.0 (files attached)

Icon4 UAI 1.5 with SS *and* CNP 3.0 (files attached)

This is a direct lift from what I posted in page 2 of the UAI1.5 thread earlier, only reason for new post is that people keep missing it. Also combined instructions :p

===============================================

Hi

I'm a little new to all this, but thought I'd take the plunge and 'make a contribution.'

Mister Kong, feel free to make use of this/delete it as you wish, as I'm certainly not wanting to tread on peoples toes

I saw that KK has created a UAI compatible version of descr_strat, but specifically mentioned that it was not compatible with any version of CNP. I'm not sure if that was for personal preference or whether theres something deep and underlying conflict that I know nothing about, or whether it was merely time related

So in the spirit of exploration, I've gone through the descr_strat provided by CNP3.0 and also the descr_strat that KK provided thats UAI enhanced, and merged the CNP changes into the UAI one.

All I have added is just the names, and also one other line where CNP changes Dublin's subfaction to scottish. The only other discrepancy between the two bar the differing AI profiles (which are obviously to be expected) was the dublin starting units in the CNP strat file having a greater experience level than in the KKUAI one, so naturally I've stuck with KK's judgement on this

As said, apologies if there are reasons that I don't know for this not being included originally, I'm assuming it was just time and energy (which I don't think anyone can criticse KK and GV for given the amount of time they spend on this!)

But anyway, to get this working you need to do the following things:

1. Download and install UAI1.5 in its own regular subdirectory from here:
    Click Me

When installing, customise the diplomacy sections as you see fit (ie do you want muslim/christian alliances etc) but don't worry about the non diplomacy aspects as youre not going to be using them.

2. Copy the following files from the "ultimateAI\data" folder and put them into the "Stainless_Steel/data" folder:
    - descr_faction_standing.txt
    - descr_campaign_ai_db.xml
    - descr_diplomacy.xml

3. Download and install CNP 3.0 following the instructions given in this post

For the lazy, the files inside the zip you download go to the following locations:

Copy these files into the following directories:

I.) Copy the descr_names.txt into your "Medieval II Total War/Stainless_Steel/data" folder.

II.) Copy the names.bin.strings.txt into the "Medieval II Total War/Stainless_Steel/data/text" folder. [NOTE: You will have to create the "text" folder inside your "data" folder and then copy the names.bin.strings.txt file into the "text" folder.]

III.) Copy expanded.txt.strings into same the "Medieval II Total War/Stainless_Steel/data/text"

IV.) DO NOT USE/INSTALL/COPY descr_strat anywhere. No biggy if you do, but it will be overwritten in a mo so save yourself some clickage

4. Finally, download the descr_strat file I have attached in this post and place it in your Medieval II Total War/Stainless_Steel/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign" folder

You probably want to back up your existing descr_strat file - just in case KK turns round and says "OMG Shaeff u n00bz0r its all wrong!" but it works fine for me

5. Launch SS the normal way and bask in the glory of KK, CNP team and GrandViz's magnificence :p

Hope this is all ok

Bestwishes

Shaeff

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: UAI 1.5 with SS *and* CNP 3.0 (files attached)

I've just installed this and it seems to be working fine. At first I wasn't able to start a new campaign but I reinstalled SS, then UAI and then CNP with your file. Good work Shaeffer

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Good work, and well done keeping Dublin and Munster a Scottish sub_faction.

Just a note to remember, if you have set your campaign to be 1 year turns, you'll have to change the timescale in desc_strat.txt again after installing this file

Also I've just noticed that the Republic of Novgorod is once again Russia
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; June 07, 2007 at 05:03 AM.

And you used my expanded.txt?

In that case, it is my mistake, will fix it in a future realise of CNP, but changing it manually is not difficult.

actually I meant to ask that - its not just the pesky Ruskies, its all of them. How do I change it manually? I can add it to the original post if necessary

Don't worry, I will do it, won't take long. New version of expanded.txt will be up in an hour or two.

Hi Shaeffer,

Thank you very much!
    I'm really glad about your contribution.

Good work+!

Hi finneys,
    Don't worry, I will do it, won't take long. New version of expanded.txt will be up in an hour or two.
    Thanks in advance!
    Only one question: in the "expanded.txt" file you changed only the faction names, or?

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

I didn't change the faction names from vanilla, I forgot, that is the problem. I changed the faction leader and heir titles into their native language and grammar, including the Templar Knights.

Could someone send me the SS expanded.txt please, I deleted mine it seems?

finneys13 -at- gmail.com is the address.

Thanks.

You have mail

When this is fixed, will I have to start a new campaign, playing as russia or otherwise?

Icon7 Re: UAI 1.5 with SS *and* CNP 3.0 (files attached)

Corrected the file, just overwrite the expanded.txt.strings in your SS/data/text folder with the one in this zipped file.

It is save-game compatible, no need to start a new one!

Also put a link to this page in the CNP main thread.

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you about one important aspect, when playing with the Ultimate AI in SS.

Self-restriction in regard to alliances is very important! If you ally with every nation out there (like in the vanilla game), it will do no good to your campaign. This is due to the fact, that backstabbing in UAI is less frequent for a certain amount of time, and because relations between allies (and their allies respectively) improve automatically. So if you want to enjoy a living campaign, restrict yourself to 2 allies at maximum.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Quote Originally Posted by GrandViZ View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you about one important aspect, when playing with the Ultimate AI in SS.

Self-restriction in regard to alliances is very important! If you ally with every nation out there (like in the vanilla game), it will do no good to your campaign. This is due to the fact, that backstabbing in UAI is less frequent for a certain amount of time, and because relations between allies (and their allies respectively) improve automatically. So if you want to enjoy a living campaign, restrict yourself to 2 allies at maximum.

Regards
    GrandViZ
    In the words of a very wise man....whoops! Oh well. I just had a jihad called against constantinople so now I have a few less allies.

And thanks for those files finney. I loaded them in and Novgorod is back
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; June 07, 2007 at 10:29 AM.

booo, they dare to call jihad upon the beautiful ancient city!!! DESTROY THEM ALL!!!

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

thanks guys, it is very fun now
    Serve no one but Bane!

An awesome mod!

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandViZ View Post
    Hi all,

Regards
    GrandViZ
    Not only that, but your reputation suffers. I'm currently playing a campaign where I did my usual "ally with everyone". As wars break out and I'm forced to break alliances, my faction reputation has dropped to "untrustworthy". I guess that'll cure me of "ally greed".
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

ya, aduelist, xD, choose your ally well!! it affect your campaign

+rep for me if you agree with me , i might give it right back to you

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

lol...

The good news is that I've discovered that killing pirates improves relations with other factions. Really handy in my current Danish campaign. By the time I got my battle fleet up and running (dragon boats), I had 8 pirate fleets cruising my neighborhood. BTW, why is the Baltic such a pirate magnet? There were one 1-ship, two 2-ship, four 3-ship and one 6-ship pirate fleets. By the time I finished cleaning them up, my relations with several factions had improved to "perfect".
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast