Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: **PRO DEO ET REGE v0.3A BETA FEEDBACK AND DISCUSSIOn**

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Default Re: **v0.2 BETA RELEASED** MIITW: PRO DEO ET REGE (includes Regional Area of Recruitment System)*NEW PICS 06/24*

Socal,

Your mod looks like it will be a good one. I'm interested in seeing what zAPPA has done with character age, along with what BB&B looks like!

However, I've got a problem that's really hard to describe, though. I wonder if anyone has had this problem besides me.

A great deal of text seems to be missing from the City Screens, Faction Screen, and so on.

For example, starting at the top of the City Screen is the current governor. It should say "Age", then follow with the governor's age. The age is there, but the word "Age" isn't. The table headers are completely missing below that, along with the cost of each building and the time it takes to build it.

On each screen, there is valuable text missing. For example, if you right-click on a unit's card, you bring up the Unit Screen, which has the artist's rendition of the unit, and the description. They are both there, along with the unit stats. However, there are no text describing what each stat represents ... like Melee - 7. The number is there, but the word "melee" isn't.

Bring up the faction finances screen, and the numbers are there, but the descriptive word isn't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: **v0.2 BETA RELEASED** MIITW: PRO DEO ET REGE (includes Regional Area of Recruitment System)*NEW PICS 06/24*

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgamer View Post
    Socal,

Your mod looks like it will be a good one. I'm interested in seeing what zAPPA has done with character age, along with what BB&B looks like!

However, I've got a problem that's really hard to describe, though. I wonder if anyone has had this problem besides me.

A great deal of text seems to be missing from the City Screens, Faction Screen, and so on.

For example, starting at the top of the City Screen is the current governor. It should say "Age", then follow with the governor's age. The age is there, but the word "Age" isn't. The table headers are completely missing below that, along with the cost of each building and the time it takes to build it.

On each screen, there is valuable text missing. For example, if you right-click on a unit's card, you bring up the Unit Screen, which has the artist's rendition of the unit, and the description. They are both there, along with the unit stats. However, there are no text describing what each stat represents ... like Melee - 7. The number is there, but the word "melee" isn't.

Bring up the faction finances screen, and the numbers are there, but the descriptive word isn't.

Any help would be appreciated.
    This is strange, indeed. Haven't heard of this before. Sounds like maybe something went wrong with your installation, perhaps. Or maybe compatibility problems if it's a non-english version of the game you have.

Let me double-check my version.

Edit- May I ask what faction you were playing?

Thanks, Socal!

EDIT: Byzantine

I've tried it with several other factions, and the same problem occurs.

Thanks, Socal!

EDIT: Byzantine

I've tried it with several other factions, and the same problem occurs.
    Hmm. Just check with the Byz and England and everything seems in order. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. Sounds like something when wrong with the installation.

No problems like this with vanilla or other mods, I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Hmm. Just check with the Byz and England and everything seems in order. I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling. Sounds like something when wrong with the installation.

No problems like this with vanilla or other mods, I presume?
    I've never had a problem with vanilla, or other mods. I think you're right about uninstalling and reinstalling. I'll let you know what happens!

I've never had a problem with vanilla, or other mods. I think you're right about uninstalling and reinstalling. I'll let you know what happens!
    Please do as I've never heard of this happening before.

Please do as I've never heard of this happening before.
    It happened again. Tomorrow, I'll download it again. It's probably a corrupted download problem.

Just to be sure, I loaded up vanilla, and then TLR, and both were normal. It's just has to be file corruption.

I noticed a graphics glitch.

I should of screen captured it to make it easier to explain.

Basically when you look at armies from some angles, lines shoot out from their flags I think to the edges of the screen. It works for some angle but not others. If I see it, I'll try to capture it. It seems to start at the unit flags though if thats a clue.

Cheers.

Socal,

I uninstalled PDER, this morning, deleted the old installer, and emptied the recycle bin (for good measure!). Then, I went to Filefront and downloaded PDER .2, and reinstalled.

The problem is still there.

I checked TLR, vanilla, and downloaded and installed one other mod (DLV), and the game is normal on all of them. Normally, with a problem like this, I would uninstall the entire program, and reinstall, then adding the mod I want to play. But with everything working fine on vanilla and other mods, I can't figure out what the problem is (and I don't want to go through all of that work!).

Is there a file that contains the texts that are missing? I'll wait till I hear from you.

All the militia units have free upkeep but I suspect the problem is that there are militia units in settlements that cannot yet recruit that type of unit. That is, I may have a spear militia unit assigned to a settlement that can only recruit town militia. In those instances, you can't get free upkeep as you only get it if you have the ability to recruit that unit.

If that's the case, then I'll add that it my list of things to do. Assign initial militia units to factions based on whether they have a town watch or town guard.
    I think the issue is that the first level of settlements is wooden palisades and they give 4 free unit upkeep now the free units are militia which are built with the town guard but you can't build that building yet. So basically the 4 free upkeeps units are impossible to get at that level.

If you can tell me where it is that you define which units qualify for free upkeep in a particular settlement I would be more than happy to help you with this issue. I know the EDB is where you set the number of free unit and in the EDU you can set particular units as eligible for free upkeep but I can't find where you determine set the unit type for a particular settlement ata particular settlement level.

Socal,

I uninstalled PDER, this morning, deleted the old installer, and emptied the recycle bin (for good measure!). Then, I went to Filefront and downloaded PDER .2, and reinstalled.

The problem is still there.

I checked TLR, vanilla, and downloaded and installed one other mod (DLV), and the game is normal on all of them. Normally, with a problem like this, I would uninstall the entire program, and reinstall, then adding the mod I want to play. But with everything working fine on vanilla and other mods, I can't figure out what the problem is (and I don't want to go through all of that work!).

Is there a file that contains the texts that are missing? I'll wait till I hear from you.

Hmm. This is tres bizarre! Tell you what I'm going to do. I was going to wait until this weekend to release a minor update containing a few files to fix some bugs and make some minor tweaks. But I'll just include them and re-upload with the full installer to file front tonight or tomorrow morning.

So the next update will be version 0.2A and it will be a full install even though it will most likely just contain some minor bug fixes/tweaks.

Cheers! Thanks for the patience mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightravn View Post
    I think the issue is that the first level of settlements is wooden palisades and they give 4 free unit upkeep now the free units are militia which are built with the town guard but you can't build that building yet. So basically the 4 free upkeeps units are impossible to get at that level.

If you can tell me where it is that you define which units qualify for free upkeep in a particular settlement I would be more than happy to help you with this issue. I know the EDB is where you set the number of free unit and in the EDU you can set particular units as eligible for free upkeep but I can't find where you determine set the unit type for a particular settlement ata particular settlement level.
    Thanks for the offer of help!

Basically, a unit qualifies for free upkeep in a settlement if the settlement is able to recruit that unit.

When I set up the initial settlement buildings and roster for all the factions in the decr_strat, I inadvertenly assigned units as garrisons to settlements that lacked the building to recruit them. So england has some spear militia units in settlements that have only town watches. These units wouldn't qualify for free upkeep.

The solution is to either a) change the starting units to match the level of barracks the settlement they're garrisoned in has or b) change the starting barracks level to match the units stationed there.

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards lowering the units to the lower level units.

Hmm. This is tres bizarre! Tell you what I'm going to do. I was going to wait until this weekend to release a minor update containing a few files to fix some bugs and make some minor tweaks. But I'll just include them and re-upload with the full installer to file front tonight or tomorrow morning.

So the next update will be version 0.2A and it will be a full install even though it will most likely just contain some minor bug fixes/tweaks.

Cheers! Thanks for the patience mate!
    Thank you, my friend!

I only have one question : Are the Mongols playable?

Real Strategos always makes sure his troops are flexible .
    "The Condition of a military force is that its essential factor is speed,taking advantage of others' failure to catch up,going by routes they do not expect,attacking where they are not on guard."

Quote Originally Posted by Lapata View Post
    I only have one question : Are the Mongols playable?
    Nope. Sorry!

Too bad was gonna try this mod.

Real Strategos always makes sure his troops are flexible .
    "The Condition of a military force is that its essential factor is speed,taking advantage of others' failure to catch up,going by routes they do not expect,attacking where they are not on guard."

Quote Originally Posted by Lapata View Post
    Too bad was gonna try this mod.
    No worries mate! Just wait for Broken Crescent! It looks amazing! Cheers!

UPDATE! v0.2A RELEASED!

Just a slight update here. Due to problems Oldgamer was having with his installation, I took the liberty to release a new full installer version of Pro Deo et Rege. Please note, this version is essentially the same as PDER v0.2 but includes several bug fixes and other tweaks.

Full Installation Instructions:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

To install this mod, simply follow the steps outlined in the Installer Program, which by default installs Pro Deo et Rege to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

You must have the Official Update 2 patch for Medieval II Total War in order to install Pro Deo et Rege v0.2A Beta.

Once installed you should use use the PDER_v.0.2A_Beta.bat file found in your SEGA\Medieval II Total War folder to run the game.

If you have a previous version of Pro Deo et Rege already installed, it is recommended that you uninstall that version and do a fresh installation of this latest version.

IMPORTANT!

If you have been experiencing no problems with the text displaying incorrectly or otherwise wonky and simply want the latest bug fixes/tweaks and balancing, then you can also dowload stand-alone versions of the updated files.

Updated Files Installation Instructions:

To update your version of PDER to v0.2A, simply extract the .rar file to
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\PDER_v.0.2_Beta (or to whatever directory your game is installed)

The files in this update maintain the following folder structure:

data\descr_names.txt
    data\descr_rebel_factions.txt
    data\settlement_mechanics.xml
    data\export_descr_buildings.txt
    data\descr_unit.txt
    data\text\export_vnvs.txt
    data\text\names.txt
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\win_conditions.txt
    data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_*faction*.tgas\

Changelog v0.2A:

Code:
    ---------------------
    v0.2A BETA[06.26.2007]
    ---------------------

Bug Fixes ---------
    -Corrected event counter recruitment requirements for Levy Swordsmen
    [export_descr_building.txt] -Slightly revised starting armies for all factions. Settlements should now be garrisoned with militia units that correspond to the level of barracks in each settlement [descr_strat.txt] -Minor graphical enhancements [splash screen, map_faction.tgas]
    -Slightly toned down economic assistance rebels receive [campaign_script. txt] -Slightly increased income from farms, taxes and trade [descr_settlement_ mechanics.xml] -Added Swabian Swordsmen to HRE recruitment pool [export_descr_ buildings.txt] -Fixed Denmark's inability to recruit Scandinavian AoR units from Levy Barracks [export_descr_buildings.txt] -Increased the number of settlements needed for victory to 60 [descr_win_ conditions.txt] -Cleaned up Moors names list and removed "bad names" [descr_names.txt descr_strat.txt, names.txt] -Removed Mounted Sergeants from Italian rebel city-state factions beginning armies. Replaced with Levy Light Cavalry. [descr_strat.txt] -Corrected auxiliary bowyer construction requirements. Now able to build after construction of an Auxiliary Hall NOT Auxiliary Levy Barracks -Removed "Milanese" references from export_vnvs.txt - replaced with "Genovese" -Corrected Merchant Bank construction requirements - now requires Great Market
    Rebels
    ------
    -Lowered the rebel and brigand spawn rates.[descr_strat.txt]
    -Removed late-era units from rebel spawn pools.[descr_rebel_factions.txt]

PRO DEO ET REGE v0.3 BETA COMING SOON!
    ADDITIONAL PREVIEWS TO COME!

ENSAIS's Avatar Decanus

Socal_infidel,
    any chance of adding in Journeyman's "Mentor Mod" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106146
    to a future installment of PDER? Looks like a worthy addition...

Quote Originally Posted by ENSAIS View Post
    Socal_infidel,
    any chance of adding in Journeyman's "Mentor Mod" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106146
    to a future installment of PDER? Looks like a worthy addition...
    Yeah, I was planning on checking that mod out more fully this weekend. It looks promising.

Been pretty busy at work this past week. And the free-time I've had (when not spending time with my girlfriend) has been spent messing around with editing the unit models. As I'd like to start include some new units to the AoR System.

But don't worry, I plan on releasing PDER v0.3 Beta sometime next week if all goes to plan. A little bit of what I have planned includes most of the changes I already planned on (including the Longbowmen trigger). And I'm finally going to get around to slightly tweaking the AoR System.

I've been meaning to do this for time now, but to be quite honest, making the necessary text changes was the last thing I wanted to do for awhile. Boring and brutal (but necessary and needed). But the other day I realized it wasn't going to be too bad, so I've already started cleaning up the system a little.

Oh, and plan on seeing a few additional units in the next proper release!

Cheers!