Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: **PRO DEO ET REGE v0.3A BETA FEEDBACK AND DISCUSSIOn**

Default Re: **PRO DEO ET REGE v0.2A BETA FEEDBACK AND DISCUSSIOn**

Nice mod, After Portvcale v3 is the 1 that represents Portugal the most acurate way.
    So far no cdt's at all (I added Pnv naval mod 1.1, btw).

EzE's Avatar Libertus

Congrats on the forum - but may I ask why it is not under the released section? I know it is a Beta but, it is still released and working.

Never mind - I see that it has been moved.
    Last edited by EzE; June 30, 2007 at 12:19 PM.
    "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy, 1961
    :usflag:
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by deRougemont View Post
    Let me be the first to say "Congrats on the new forum Socal".
    Why thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gen_Lee View Post
    Nice mod, After Portvcale v3 is the 1 that represents Portugal the most acurate way.
    So far no cdt's at all (I added Pnv naval mod 1.1, btw).
    Thanks! This really means a lot to me! Let me know if you have any suggestions of how to better depict Portugal!

Quote Originally Posted by EzE View Post
    Congrats on the forum - but may I ask why it is not under the released section? I know it is a Beta but, it is still released and working.

Never mind - I see that it has been moved.
    Thanks! The Moderators 'round these parts work fast!

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

A great,great mod;about Portugal,the choice of the regions and cities is historically accurated.Well done.
    Only a little remark.Oporto should be only Porto.
    Everything is perfect.Keep the good work.

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Hey, I'm new to this mod thing, I Tried your mod I loved it very much. But i was just wondering why my Generals don't have titles. I used the French prince Hugues and he executed and exterminated many times, but he still doesn't get the merciless, or mean title. None of my generals have titles, does it just take time?

Hey, I'm new to this mod thing, I Tried your mod I loved it very much. But i was just wondering why my Generals don't have titles. I used the French prince Hugues and he executed and exterminated many times, but he still doesn't get the merciless, or mean title. None of my generals have titles, does it just take time?
    I dont know the exact reason why but its probably because those nicknames were rarely used. Vanilla uses them too frequently.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Half my characters have titles, give it some time.

Hi Socal_Infidel,

I tried your mod many times already and it's very nice, but I have a problem with the knights templars not showing up for recruitment even if I have the Templar Headquarters already and the year is already 1130... I even downloaded and installed your version 0.2A but it didn't cure the problem. I am playing as England. please help

Thanks!

im a big fan of klinks garrison scripts and would like to implement them in this mod. has there been any changes made to the map which would stop me doin this? just had a closer look and your map seems to have more provinces would means i dont think his script would work.

any plans to add your own or maybe give us the option of using one?
    Last edited by tonedog; July 01, 2007 at 05:18 AM.

Dogma75's Avatar Civis

Hi there!

Really a good mod I have to admit. I love the big map and the "Area of recruiting" system...
    Did you made Princesses also available for the islamic nations?

I stumbled over a few bugs yesterday...I am playing Venice on hard / hard.

First one was on the siege of Ancona in 1088. The rebel factions "Levy light cavalry" heads faced all backwards and were parted.

Second was that one of my merchants was standing on a goldmine near Zara and lost one point of his skill. He decreased from skill rank 4 to 3 without any particular reason.

I have now a general for over 20 turns in Zara (which is a small town right now) and he still got no title as landlord there? Bug or normal?

So and here I dont know if it is a bug or not: Silicy declared war on me and they have right now Norman mailed knights and dismounted mailed knights and that is soon after 1090??

I love this mod a lot, it's really well done...but i have a lot of problems with it, a lot of CTD and finally is impossible to continue the campaign. Every time if i wanna take an irish city after the battle i have a CTD when i have to decide what to do with the population, sometimes it's the same when i've won a battle and i have to decide about prisoners, and sometimes is because of one other faction has taken a city or whatever...so finally i'm going mad and i really wanna play with this mod. I also have a problem with order knights, cause if accept to have a guild (for example hospitalers), there is no one unit knights to train and add at my army. I saw there is one another v.02 A but a bit modified, and i ask: is it better or maybe i've to wait for the next version, i mean V0.3 ?! tanks

I love this mod a lot, it's really well done...but i have a lot of problems with it, a lot of CTD and finally is impossible to continue the campaign. Every time if i wanna take an irish city after the battle i have a CTD when i have to decide what to do with the population, sometimes it's the same when i've won a battle and i have to decide about prisoners, and sometimes is because of one other faction has taken a city or whatever...so finally i'm going mad and i really wanna play with this mod. I also have a problem with order knights, cause if accept to have a guild (for example hospitalers), there is no one unit knights to train and add at my army. I saw there is one another v.02 A but a bit modified, and i ask: is it better or maybe i've to wait for the next version, i mean V0.3 ?! thanks

Whew! And I haven't even had my morning coffee yet!

Alright, away we go!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger_25 View Post
    Like arfrisco and Crucifix said, just give it time. If they're still not getting titles, report back! Oh and welcome to this mod thing of ours!

Quote Originally Posted by templar92 View Post
    Hi Socal_Infidel,

I tried your mod many times already and it's very nice, but I have a problem with the knights templars not showing up for recruitment even if I have the Templar Headquarters already and the year is already 1130... I even downloaded and installed your version 0.2A but it didn't cure the problem. I am playing as England. please help

Thanks!
    Yes, I'm aware of this bug. The Era System used links Templars to the Heavy Mail Armour event and I forgot to change it as I realize you could conceivably get offered one very soon after completing the first crusade.

I'll correct it for the next version. Oh, and I'll have new dismounted Knights Templars (and all Order Knights for that matter) available in the next version. Personally, I think they look a lot cooler!

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog View Post
    im a big fan of klinks garrison scripts and would like to implement them in this mod. has there been any changes made to the map which would stop me doin this? just had a closer look and your map seems to have more provinces would means i dont think his script would work.

any plans to add your own or maybe give us the option of using one?
    I personally feel the garrison script really slows end-turns down, although I hear Klink has made progress on cutting that back in his more recent version.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work for at least the cities in vanilla. You could just say that as they're the "more important" cities on the map, they have levy power to summon more men.

Maybe you could try that and report back on how it works back? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma75 View Post
    Hi there!

Really a good mod I have to admit. I love the big map and the "Area of recruiting" system...
    Did you made Princesses also available for the islamic nations?

I stumbled over a few bugs yesterday...I am playing Venice on hard / hard.

First one was on the siege of Ancona in 1088. The rebel factions "Levy light cavalry" heads faced all backwards and were parted.

Second was that one of my merchants was standing on a goldmine near Zara and lost one point of his skill. He decreased from skill rank 4 to 3 without any particular reason.

I have now a general for over 20 turns in Zara (which is a small town right now) and he still got no title as landlord there? Bug or normal?

So and here I dont know if it is a bug or not: Silicy declared war on me and they have right now Norman mailed knights and dismounted mailed knights and that is soon after 1090??
    1] Princesses aren't available for Islamic factions at the moment.

2] Yeah, I had the siege of Napoli yesterday and encountered those "mutant light cavalry" myself. At first I asked myself what's in Napoli's water, then I realized it was my bad! It's already been corrected for the next version.

3] Hmm...I'll take a look at the triggers for that and see what's up.

4] Zara is a new province and at the moment there are no titles for those ones....BUT!!!...billydilly of Heraldry for R&P Map fame has allowed me to use his work for my mod. I believe he said he was already working on a version compatible with it and it should be done in a week or so. So yeah, his offer was really appreciated as that'll really save me a lot of work! So be sure to thank billydilly next time you see him

5] I plan on taking a closer look at the Era System and ironing out any discrepancies like this. If you take a look at the EDB file, you'll see what a beast it is!

Quote Originally Posted by adonnis2006 View Post
    I love this mod a lot, it's really well done...but i have a lot of problems with it, a lot of CTD and finally is impossible to continue the campaign. Every time if i wanna take an irish city after the battle i have a CTD when i have to decide what to do with the population, sometimes it's the same when i've won a battle and i have to decide about prisoners, and sometimes is because of one other faction has taken a city or whatever...so finally i'm going mad and i really wanna play with this mod. I also have a problem with order knights, cause if accept to have a guild (for example hospitalers), there is no one unit knights to train and add at my army. I saw there is one another v.02 A but a bit modified, and i ask: is it better or maybe i've to wait for the next version, i mean V0.3 ?! thanks
    What version are you playing, if you don't mind my asking?

There were problems in the names files that were causing crashes when a "nameless" character received a trait. I'm pretty sure I cleaned up all of them, but if anyone else sees a namess dude or dudette, please report them.

So yeah, if you have v0.1, I'd recommend you download the full installer version of v0.2A Beta.

If you already have v0.2, then download the separate patch for it that will bring your game up to v0.2A without having to install the full game again - download this patch here

Thanks everyone for the comments! Please know I take every comment to account when I update and plan future versions of my mod! So keep 'em coming!

Cheers!

would the fact that you have changed the town names make klinks script not work?

would the fact that you have changed the town names make klinks script not work?
    It shouldn't as I just changed the external display names, not the internal references to those settlements.

ok great just one more question. is it just a simple matter of copying klinks campaign_script file over yours or will this remove any features from your mod?

ok great just one more question. is it just a simple matter of copying klinks campaign_script file over yours or will this remove any features from your mod?
    Yeah, don't do that!

What you want to do is open up his campaign script and cut and paste his garrison script section over into my campaign script.

Paste it just right after the egyptian princess monitor and just above the end script - like so:

Code:
     monitor_event CharacterComesOfAge not FactionIsLocal
      and AgentType = princess
      and FactionType egypt
      add_events
       event historic princess_egypt
      date 0
     end_add_events
     end_monitor

PASTE KLINK'S SCRIPT HERE!

; keep script unfinised until last monitor termination
     wait_monitors
    end_script
    Let me know how it turns out for you!

Dogma75's Avatar Civis

Hi there

next bug I stumbled over:

the dismounted mailed Knights have as unit card only the roman peasents...

and another annoying thing is that everybody of my generals which administrats a city get the "deep pockets" and "expensive tastes" traits...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma75 View Post
    Hi there

next bug I stumbled over:

the dismounted mailed Knights have as unit card only the roman peasents...

and another annoying thing is that everybody of my generals which administrats a city get the "deep pockets" and "expensive tastes" traits...
    Yeah, I'm aware of the 2D unit card and unit info cards missing for the new units. Haven't gotten around to adding them yet as 2D graphics really isn't my thing yet. Don't worry though, I'll clean them up soon enough!

Oh and if you're getting those lines of traits, you must be sitting on a huge pile of cash! You get them mostly if you have more than 50K in your treasury.

I may have to tone down the economy a little bit...or maybe you should gift the pope your excess money if you're not using it to stay in his good graces.

Dogma75's Avatar Civis

yeah as Venice I am earning loads of Florins. over 5000 or 6000 per turn...its a real economic power house...
    And then I have three merchants in the near of Constantinople that earn together nearly 1500 Florins hehe