Thread: Class FAQ

Default Class FAQ

Alright since there are alot of questions, let me break it down into a FAQ:

Registration: Registration is open until the 25th of June. There is no limit to the number of registrants, however, the first week will be a selection process.

Class start date: The class will start on June 18th. I will upload the first video tutorials, and post the first assignment.

Student Selection: Due to the large number of students, I am going to take a hard-line approach the first week or two with assignments. Everyone who applies up to the 24th will be added to the student usergroup and given the requisite contact info. However, students that do not turn in their first assignment by the deadline will be dropped from the class. The assignment is small and the task is more than reasonable; this is merely to vet the students who will not have the commitment later on.

Teacher's Assistant: Depending on my workload the class size I may appoint a student or bring in an outside person to be a teacher's assistant, who should be able to answer your questions.

Tutorials: A the start of each lesson-week, I will upload a new tutorial. Download details will be provided at that time.

Assignments: Assignments will be relatively brief, and due every week or every other week. They will mostly involve completing the task detailed in the video tutorial for that lesson.

Upload space: I will provide students with FTP space to upload assignments and files. Assignments can also be uploaded to www.imageshack.us but for uploading things like PSD files, there will be FTP space provided.

Contact: Students are expected to have, at the minimum, MSN Messenger. There will be assigned times I will be on the TWC IRC and/or Ventrillo and/or Skype, to answer questions as well.

Group Meetings: I may want to hold a group crit towards the end of the project on the TWC IRC.

Grading: Individual assignments will be privately graded. The grades serve as a compass for your progress; I will grade entirely on improvement, so they will not serve as a form of comparison, for the most part. At the end of the semester students will be given a final grade and comments. The grades are not important though, the criticism and critique is.

Completion: Students who complete the course will be rewarded, the reward is TBA.

Excellence: Excellent students will be awarded prizes for completing the course, which will be announced in the next few weeks.

Software: The software I will be using is Photoshop CS2, though any version of Photoshop from 6 and newer should be acceptable. If you use other software, you are on your own, for the most part. The techniques will be universal, but the application of them is particular to the program. You will still gain information from the tutorials, however. However, you should have a working knowledge of the software already if you are not using Photoshop, otherwise you may get lost.
    Please ask any more questions via PM or in the registration thread.
    Last edited by Professor420; June 18, 2007 at 12:40 AM.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.