Thread: Questions of a Mapping Noob

Default Questions of a Mapping Noob

Some questions about Mapping:

1-It is possible to reproduce the vanilla map exactly as it is and after it just expand it a Little eastwards and northwards? How can I do it?

2- If yes, what I have to change after it's expanded to make it work properly?

3- Are the Vanilla map Heights, proporcionality and etc realistic?

EDITED: Just found out the answer to most of the initial questions and deleted them...

Thanks in advance for helping...

Regards,
    MaximianusBR
    Last edited by CaesarBR; June 07, 2007 at 01:48 AM.

Default Re: Questions of a Mapping Noob

MaximianusBR,
    Go to the tutorials page (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273) and start from there. Once you get going with your mod then you can post your questions here about more specific problems that you may face.

cheers,

Cururu

ps - vc eh do Brasil?

Quote Originally Posted by Cururu View Post
    MaximianusBR,
    Go to the tutorials page (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273) and start from there. Once you get going with your mod then you can post your questions here about more specific problems that you may face.

cheers,

Cururu

ps - vc eh do Brasil?
    I already readed a lot of things out there and have planned my mod, but I need some answers to this questions so I can plan the best way to start it...

----------------------------
    Aham!!
    vc eh de q parte do Brasil???
    Ta fazendo uma mod tbm???

MaximinianusBR,

I am doing a mod on the Reconquista. Got a map with 174 regions and it is looking promising. Soon I shall post some screenshots. So did you found the answers to your questions?

BTW I am from Brasilia, u?

cheers,

cururu

Quote Originally Posted by Cururu View Post
    MaximinianusBR,

I am doing a mod on the Reconquista. Got a map with 174 regions and it is looking promising. Soon I shall post some screenshots. So did you found the answers to your questions?

BTW I am from Brasilia, u?

cheers,

cururu
    yes, I've found the answers to all the major questions...started making the map_heights.tga and completed all of arabia and the persian gulf in 4 hours of work!I'm planning to complete all of persia today...

I'm from Nova Friburgo, Rio de Janeiro...do you have an orkut account?